Some Aaron Brewer Notes

TeamRamrod

Thanks for pulling that back up. Clearly the staff really liked something in him to actually have him make the original 53-man roster and in the process has become the main Interior OL back up. An off-season of prep, meal plan, and strength program and he will really be able to compete next year. I think he is the future starter at LG or C when Saffold/Jones are done.

5 minutes ago, Guts said:

https://www.tennesseetitans.com/news/unheralded-rookie-lineman-aaron-brewer-steps-up-big-for-titans-in-first-nfl-star

Nice fluff article on Brewer.  We need to start developing more of these late to undrafted guys.

We develop tons of late round and undrafted guys, it's what Robinson is known for dating back to his personnel director days. 

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

We develop tons of late round and undrafted guys, it's what Robinson is known for dating back to his personnel director days. 

Not really. We brought in a lot of those type of players as free agents that have been in the league a while. Not to many that we drafted or brought in as an undrafted.

I keyed on Brewer on about 20 snaps yesterday, and while he occasionally looks like he is "lacking mass" he mostly looked solid and very athletic. 

If we can put 20lbs on him, he will probably be able to be a very serviceable (and dirt cheap) IOL for the near future. Cap wise, we have some difficult choices coming up next year. Maybe he is part of the solution.

Edited by ChemEngr79

Can someone fill me in here? I listened to the game on the radio since I was driving most of Sunday afternoon. Did Saffold not play? Who filled in when Ben Jones got hurt? 

I assumed he filled in at center but that doesn’t appear to be the case. 

25 minutes ago, Thrill said:

Can someone fill me in here? I listened to the game on the radio since I was driving most of Sunday afternoon. Did Saffold not play? Who filled in when Ben Jones got hurt? 

I assumed he filled in at center but that doesn’t appear to be the case. 

Saffold did not play. Brewer started in his place.

Jones missed one snap after being poked in the eye. Douglas came in and promptly snapped it over Henry's head in the wildcat for a huge loss near the goal line.