3 hours ago, IowaOiler said:

Um, records and standing in conference are the same thing...and let's not be talking shit about 8-8 teams just yet.  Let's at least wait until we have 9 wins, fair?

Using a team we both acknowledge as being bad, as a point of comparison is entirely valid.  But was that my only defense?  Nope...but you like to ignore all the points that fly in the face of your opinion while misrepresenting the opposing side.  You should be in politics. 

They are 2nd in turnover differential, 9th in points, and 6th in red zone efficiency. Those are 3 of the major stats for winning games. 

You seem to not understand the word good. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As much as I love this site, sometimes it can be a bit too reactionary and too much.  This is a good team.  I know they have issues all over the place BUT they are 7-3 and have shown an ability to ove

The Titans are a good team that is flawed like every other good team. They have some major injuries but as long as Tannehill is healthy they have a chance.    Their biggest problem, even vs

The bad snap wasn’t Brewer, it was Douglas. 

2 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

They are 2nd in turnover differential, 9th in points, and 6th in red zone efficiency. Those are 3 of the major stats for winning games. 

You seem to not understand the word good. 

Lol...what was the TO differential against the Steelers?  Defensively, we are 17th in points allowed...while two of the teams AHEAD of us have played an entire game more.  Worst in 3rd Down conversion %, 5th worst in 4th down conversation %, 3rd worst in plays per drive against, worst in QB pressures, and tied for 2nd worst in QB hurries, and 6th worst in red zone TD %.  

Basically, for every top 10 offensive ranking, there are at least 2 bottom 5 defensive rankings...and that's against a schedule that is overly weak outside of the one remaining undefeated team...which we had 3 TOs against and still lost to.  

I am well aware of what 'good' means, and "this is not it, Proximo, this is not it!"

33 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

Lol...what was the TO differential against the Steelers?  Defensively, we are 17th in points allowed...while two of the teams AHEAD of us have played an entire game more.  Worst in 3rd Down conversion %, 5th worst in 4th down conversation %, 3rd worst in plays per drive against, worst in QB pressures, and tied for 2nd worst in QB hurries, and 6th worst in red zone TD %.  

Basically, for every top 10 offensive ranking, there are at least 2 bottom 5 defensive rankings...and that's against a schedule that is overly weak outside of the one remaining undefeated team...which we had 3 TOs against and still lost to.  

I am well aware of what 'good' means, and "this is not it, Proximo, this is not it!"

Did you actually just cite a game played when discussing averages? We’ll end the argument there. 

5 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Did you actually just cite a game played when discussing averages? We’ll end the argument there. 

Um, yeah?  The TO differential doesn't mean much if it doesn't equate to beating 'good' teams.  

Probably wise for you to find a reason to end the debate.  

You have nothing to support your stance here.  

8 hours ago, IowaOiler said:

Um, yeah?  The TO differential doesn't mean much if it doesn't equate to beating 'good' teams.  

Probably wise for you to find a reason to end the debate.  

You have nothing to support your stance here.

I always forget you’re this stupid until I get into a back and forth with you. 

5 hours ago, IowaOiler said:

Feel free to think that.

I know numbers are tough to understand at times, so I’ll repeat myself: The a Titans are 2nd in turnover ratio, 6th in red zone efficiency, and 9th in points scored. That means they score more points than most teams, turn the ball over less than almost every team, and when they have the chance they score Touchdowns. All 3 of those stats are very important in the NFL, dummy. 

7 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I know numbers are tough to understand at times, so I’ll repeat myself: The a Titans are 2nd in turnover ratio, 6th in red zone efficiency, and 9th in points scored. That means they score more points than most teams, turn the ball over less than almost every team, and when they have the chance they score Touchdowns. All 3 of those stats are very important in the NFL, dummy. :

Well done!  Since you like numbers, take a look at these.  The titans are:

28th in total drives

28th in time of possession (excluding OT)

7th in penalties

30th in sacks

30th in hurry %

32nd in pressure %

32 in 3rd down conversion against %

28th in 4th down conversion against %

26th in red zone % on defense.  

32nd in FG %

31st in KO returns

Being in the bottom 4 in total drives and TOP is pretty damning when you consider we are second in TO ratio.  It means even with the TOs, the defense remains on the field for extended periods of time.  7th in penalties speaks to discipline, but can IMO can be indicative of all the injuries we've had this year with new guys filling in.  Being in the bottom 4 teams in sacks, hurries, pressures, 3rd down conversions, and 4th down conversions, is pretty concerning, and doesn't exactly lend itself to being a 'good' team.  We are last in FG% by over 5%, and only .1 yard away from last in average KO returns.  Nearly every other category in special teams is bottom half of the league.  

In summary, the offense is solid, defense is one of the worst in the league, and special teams is a shit show that leaves points on the field.  If that equates to 'good' for you, then so be it.  It sure as hell doesn't equate to that for me.

What do you think, @OILERMAN...are the titans good, or are you afraid to weigh in against me anymore after I've made you look the fool so many times in the past?

1 minute ago, IowaOiler said:

What do you think, @OILERMAN...are the titans good, or are you afraid to weigh in against me anymore after I've made you look the fool so many times in the past?

I rarely respond to you because you're unworthy. You're a proven buffoon and just about everyone knows it. 

Just now, OILERMAN said:

I rarely respond to you because you're unworthy. You're a proven buffoon and just about everyone knows it. 

Lol...sounds like a pretty solid excuse for not engaging with someone that has repeatedly proven you to be full of shit.  

But this message board is all you have in life, so I get it.