A few thoughts

code

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

Other than the village idiots who predict a loss every week who has actually said this isnt a good while flawed team? They have a great offense with terrible special teams and a suspect defense. They can beat anyone but can also lose to anyone as we've seen through the first 11 weeks of the season. How they get through this Colts twice, Ravens, Browns stretch will tell us a lot about the 2020 team going into the playoffs.

How is a team good with terrible special teams and a suspect defense?  When 2 of the three units on your team are below average, your team isn't good. 

That said, I have yet to see anyone predict a loss every week.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As much as I love this site, sometimes it can be a bit too reactionary and too much.  This is a good team.  I know they have issues all over the place BUT they are 7-3 and have shown an ability to ove

The Titans are a good team that is flawed like every other good team. They have some major injuries but as long as Tannehill is healthy they have a chance.    Their biggest problem, even vs

The bad snap wasn’t Brewer, it was Douglas. 

Just now, IowaOiler said:

How is a team good with terrible special teams and a suspect defense?  When 2 of the three units on your team are below average, your team isn't good. 

When the team is 7-3 on the backs of the one unit that is great. 

15 hours ago, IowaOiler said:

Because offense wins in the league now. And despite what football purists like to say ST isn’t even close to as important as offense & defense. On top of that, as bad as Gostkowski has been over the course of the season, he also had one game that was as good as you’ll ever see from a kicker....6-6 with 3 over 50, including a 56 yarder. 

When you have a QB playing at the level Tannehill has played since last year & run the ball like we do, if you can get the defense to even average, and I’d like to think when healthy this should be fairly attainable, not many teams are going to want to play you.

41 minutes ago, Face said:

Because offense wins in the league now. And despite what football purists like to say ST isn’t even close to as important as offense & defense. On top of that, as bad as Gostkowski has been over the course of the season, he also had one game that was as good as you’ll ever see from a kicker....6-6 with 3 over 50, including a 56 yarder. 

When you have a QB playing at the level Tannehill has played since last year & run the ball like we do, if you can get the defense to even average, and I’d like to think when healthy this should be fairly attainable, not many teams are going to want to play you.

The defense isn't average, and one good game by a kicker doesn't mean much against so many bad games by the same kicker.  Offense may be king, but when the play calling is entirely predictable, it's difficult to sustain drives.  

A defense that can't get off the field, an offense that is predictable, and a special teams that struggles to put points on the board doesn't equate to a 'good' team.  Hopefully, those things all get fixed but until they do, it's only a homers take to believe we are good.

Edited by IowaOiler

24 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

The defense isn't average, and one good game by a kicker doesn't mean much against so many bad games by the same kicker.  Offense may be king, but when the play calling is entirely predictable, it's difficult to sustain drives.  

A defense that can't get off the field, an offense that is predictable, and a special teams that struggles to put points on the board doesn't equate to a 'good' team.  Hopefully, those things all get fixed but until they do, it's only a homers take to believe we are good.

I guess you mean an offense that is predictably good right?

34 minutes ago, japan said:

I guess you mean an offense that is predictably good right?

Lol...no.  I mean, predictable.  If we weren't loaded with talent at RB, WR, TE, and QB, Smith's play-calling would be getting far more ridicule than it is.  Luckily, Tanny and the rest are good at polishing turds.  

Edited by IowaOiler

18 minutes ago, patsplat said:

This is a good team, just not the kind of dominant team that I was hoping for this year.

I’m not sure why this is even an argument regardless of what happens Sunday. If we can make it to the playoffs and get healthy we can hang with any team because of our offense. If the defense gets to solid we are once again the team none of the top seeds want to face. 

9 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I’m not sure why this is even an argument regardless of what happens Sunday. If we can make it to the playoffs and get healthy we can hang with any team because of our offense. If the defense gets to solid we are once again the team none of the top seeds want to face. 

Yeah.  Pittsburgh's having the kind of season I want to have.  Can I have one of those please?

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Yeah, teams will be shaking in their boots to go against our defense.  Especially considering most of the teams in the playoffs will have a real QB.

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

He seems to have issues with the fact that we are a GOOD team.  I just won't engage him anymore.  There's no point really.  I mean if he said he didn't think we were a serious SB threat or something like that I wouldn't have any real issue with it. 

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

He seems to have issues with the fact that we are a GOOD team.  I just won't engage him anymore.  There's no point really.  I mean if he said he didn't think we were a serious SB threat or something like that I wouldn't have any real issue with it. 

We aren't a good team.  You won't engage because you have to dance around the facts to make a point.

5 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

We aren't a good team.  You won't engage because you have to dance around the facts to make a point.

For the last time, we are a good team, evidenced by our record and standing in the conference.  This isn't the NFC East winner or some shitty 8-8 team that squeaks. in.

I'm not the one that has to use the Jets, as some sort of defense.  The Jets who BTW are closing in on the worst point differntial and may go winless.  Feel free to keep on blathering on as you are reaching Maker level.

Edited by rns90

3 hours ago, rns90 said:

For the last time, we are a good team, evidenced by our record and standing in the conference.  This isn't the NFC East winner or some shitty 8-8 team that squeaks. in.

I'm not the one that has to use the Jets, as some sort of defense.  The Jets who BTW are closing in on the worst point differntial and may go winless.  Feel free to keep on blathering on as you are reaching Maker level.

Um, records and standing in conference are the same thing...and let's not be talking shit about 8-8 teams just yet.  Let's at least wait until we have 9 wins, fair?

Using a team we both acknowledge as being bad, as a point of comparison is entirely valid.  But was that my only defense?  Nope...but you like to ignore all the points that fly in the face of your opinion while misrepresenting the opposing side.  You should be in politics.