1. Read the entire game thread after the game was over.  Major props to Oilerman, Starkiller and several other old time posters who never got dragged into the valley of despair.  And man, you guys were despairing violently and with a passion.

2. I read nothing but shit about Vrabel and the coaching staff. So I guess we all imagined that a team without Adoree Jackson, Kristian Fulton, Kenny Vaccaro, Jadaveon Clowney and in the second half Jayon Brown would more than hold their water against Lamar Jackson? Or that an offense without Lewan, Humphries, Saffold and a hobbled Ben Jones would dominate the 4th quarter and overtime?  Yeah, horrible coaching job. 

3. The Ryan Tannehill bashing was comical. When given anything resembling a clean pocket he made big time throws and made some very smart run reads.

4.  Gostkowski is like Lazarus. Every time I swear he is dead he rises.  Not a bunch of faith in my house, but I will take every kick he makes.

5.  Going forward I am really curious to see how the staff pieces together the oline and the linebacking group. I agreed with the comments that Quissenbury appeared to be much more effective in handling the speed rush than Sambraillo. Not sure that Davis gets enough credit for the impact he makes in the run game.  And Brewer (despite the snap) more than held his own inside. Saffold coming back will be a big time help. It's thin. But maybe the depth we had here is more legit than we may have imagined. The linebackers are just a different story.  Someone suggested bringing Woodyard back. I second that emotion.  Ravens didn't try to exploit LBs with RBs in passing game. Sadly, the Colts won't make same mistake. Landry made a few significant plays. Roberson showed a little burst early. Was surprised to see how few snaps the kid from Pittsburgh got.  For me, these two position groups are going to be the key to the rest of the season.  No predictions. Guys have a way of doing more than expected (see Breon Brady).

A team with Brown, Henry, David, Smith and Tannehill always has a chance to put up points - particularly when turnovers are eliminated.  I think this season comes down to whether the defense can do enough, and Gostkowski can find his consistency, to allow us to win 30 point plus games. One thing is for certain, while it will always be about establishing the run with Henry, we are going to have to get more aggressive with passing game from start to finish.  Hard egg for Vrabel to swallow, but this simply isn't going to be a team that can win low scoring games with any consistency.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As much as I love this site, sometimes it can be a bit too reactionary and too much.  This is a good team.  I know they have issues all over the place BUT they are 7-3 and have shown an ability to ove

The Titans are a good team that is flawed like every other good team. They have some major injuries but as long as Tannehill is healthy they have a chance.    Their biggest problem, even vs

The bad snap wasn’t Brewer, it was Douglas. 

Yes, it's literally amazing that the most incompetent coaching staff in the league was able to pull this off........

The live game thread is always full of crybabies that panic and bitch and moan.  Hard to take those idiots seriously after some of the asinine stuff they post.  Tannehill is excellent if he has time to throw and I'd add that he had a couple of drops in the first half that skewed his stats some.  Bottom line is that he was money when it counted as was Henry, Brown, and Davis.  I'll hold out judgement on the defense because the Ravens cannot pass the ball at an NFL level unless it's to Andrews.  By far the easiest game they will have from a pass defense perspective but they stepped up in OT with the 3 and out.

The Titans are a good team that's well coached and can beat anyone if they play sound, smart football.  Injury wise, they clearly have issues that could end up biting them but the one thing JRob/Vrabel teams do is compete and fight.  I don't think they can beat KC and probably not Pittsburgh but they can hold up with anyone else.

5 hours ago, code said:

1. Read the entire game thread after the game was over.  Major props to Oilerman, Starkiller and several other old time posters who never got dragged into the valley of despair.  And man, you guys were despairing violently and with a passion.

Like I said in another thread, all of the fair-weather fans here went from the highest high to the lowest low one month after the 5-0 start.

The team still isn't very good.  A win over the ratbirds doesn't change the fact that the defense is near the bottom of the league in sacks, QB hurries, QB pressures, redone %, and 4th down %, and at THE bottom of the league in 3rd down %.  We've allowed teams to convert 75 total 3rd downs...with second worst being the Panthers at 71....and they've played 11 games!

Watching a kicker do what he gets paid to do isn't exactly the key to the SB either...it's just the one week reprieve between several weeks of asking why we can't seem to figure out how to bring in a quality kicker.

But...on to Indy!!

Just now, IowaOiler said:

The team still isn't very good.  A win over the ratbirds doesn't change the fact that the defense is near the bottom of the league in sacks, QB hurries, QB pressures, redone %, and 4th down %, and at THE bottom of the league in 3rd down %.  We've allowed teams to convert 75 total 3rd downs...with second worst being the Panthers at 71....and they've played 11 games!

Watching a kicker do what he gets paid to do isn't exactly the key to the SB either...it's just the one week reprieve between several weeks of asking why we can't seem to figure out how to bring in a quality kicker.

But...on to Indy!!

If we beat Indy to go 8-3 will you stop complaining? 

4 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

But...on to Indy!!

Sounds like you’ve gone 100% bitch...

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

If we beat Indy to go 8-3 will you stop complaining? 

I'm not complaining...simply pointing out my concerns.  I know everyone here is trying to validate their SB or bust dreams from when the team was 5-0 by squeaking out wins against teams that won't sniff the playoffs, but the defensive concerns are still pretty real for anyone not drinking kool-aid. 

1 hour ago, japan said:

Sounds like you’ve gone 100% bitch...

Is anything I said incorrect?  Maybe you've just remained 100% idiot.