37 minutes ago, ComeAgain said:

The Andrews TD was an intended route he allowed to develop. The deep shot that Hooker knocked away was as well. 

I don't think he is great in that he will be a consistent threat at MVP, but I also do believe the issues they are facing aren't all his fault. 

I think if he had AJ Brown and C Davis at WR this year, he'd look a lot better. 

That's just it!! I don't think he has any big time WRs or a favorite target. No Big name or game WRs ..Dez Bryant only one I can relate to!!!  C'MON....DEZ BRYANT!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Players like Lamar always have that one season where everyone believes they can sustain a career in a gimmick offense.  Those players either learn to throw from the pocket or implode as NFL defenses t

We've seen this before with Roman and this was predictable. He built a Superbowl caliber offense with Kaepernick and made that QB look pretty damn good. It didn't last, and teams adapted and totally s

No way. They would already have to have had a potential replacement on the roster by this season. RG3 should probably get another shot somewhere but he's not good enough to do anything with that group

11 hours ago, Johnson said:

That's just it!! I don't think he has any big time WRs or a favorite target. No Big name or game WRs ..Dez Bryant only one I can relate to!!!  C'MON....DEZ BRYANT!

Give that crew a different QB and their #s will pop- look at how much better our WRs and offense got when we rid ourselves of Mariota. WRs never make QBs- sure there are some that make QBs lives a lot easier, but you can shade coverage and do so much to take away a top tier WR that doesn’t have a good passer — it is so much more difficult to take away a top tier passer, and they more often then not end up making WRs better than they are or more unguardable etc. This league is a QB league and if you don’t have a top passer of the football your success will not be sustainable. 

On 11/23/2020 at 9:05 AM, slashsteel said:

Takes the focus off him and puts it on the team.  Odd as Lamar's shortcomings as a passer is the reason his team comes up short, when it matters.  When that speed element is gone he will be nothing but a below average QB.

While I don't disagree with overall point about Jackson.  Watching that game, the defense got soft as the game went on.  

Anyone who has seen my posts know that I specifically think Marcus Peters is a big part of that.

On 11/23/2020 at 10:31 AM, Thrill said:

I don’t want to full on criticize Lamar’s intelligence since I don’t know the guy, but he throws a good ball and is the most athletic qb in the league but somehow has been garbage this year. The fact that he’s played this bad this year is pretty damning to his ability to read nfl defenses.

He had a below average Wonderlic score.  But, so did Dan Marino.

I think the bloom is coming off the rose.  Next year will be telling.  If he doesn't get back to form, I expect he could be benched.

4 hours ago, dcblanton said:

He had a below average Wonderlic score.  But, so did Dan Marino.

I think the bloom is coming off the rose.  Next year will be telling.  If he doesn't get back to form, I expect he could be benched.

No way. They would already have to have had a potential replacement on the roster by this season. RG3 should probably get another shot somewhere but he's not good enough to do anything with that group. It's interesting because Lamar absolutely hurts the team with his deficiencies but without him they would be absolute dog shit. I think he flashes way too often for a team that has literally built everything around him to bench him unless they think they have the future on the bench. Lamar is also too good for the Ravens to ever pick highly enough to draft his replacement, just not good enough to win them meaningful playoff games. Looks like quasi-QB purgatory for them unless the light comes on for Lamar. You love to see it. 

We've seen this before with Roman and this was predictable. He built a Superbowl caliber offense with Kaepernick and made that QB look pretty damn good. It didn't last, and teams adapted and totally shut it down.

Lamar Jackson is who everyone thought he was. He's not a 10 year starter, he's a unique talent running an offense that isn't sustainable. They did an awesome job last year and had a chance. It didn't happen. It's mostly downhill from here. Roman might get a head job somewhere, in which case the Ravens will reinvent themselves.

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Jackson is dead last in outside the numbers passing, Dak has more yards than Jackson does

Which is exactly why he'll now fizzle out.  You can get high level play out of guys like that who are dynamic and great runners... for a while.  Eventually teams figure out these gimmick offenses and the tendencies of all these QBs who can't sit in the pocket and deliver a big throw when it matters.  The defenses at the NFL level are just too good for these college schemed QBs to succeed long term.  

On 11/24/2020 at 8:27 AM, TWR said:

Give that crew a different QB and their #s will pop- look at how much better our WRs and offense got when we rid ourselves of Mariota. WRs never make QBs- sure there are some that make QBs lives a lot easier, but you can shade coverage and do so much to take away a top tier WR that doesn’t have a good passer — it is so much more difficult to take away a top tier passer, and they more often then not end up making WRs better than they are or more unguardable etc. This league is a QB league and if you don’t have a top passer of the football your success will not be sustainable. 

Nice point!!