Update: Derrick Henry wins back to back rushing titles and joins the 2k club!

No RB has led the NFL in rushing in back to back years since LaDainian Tomlinson  in 2006-2007. With 6 games left to play Henry currently leads the NFL in rushing yards.  It appears to only be a race between a few RBs this year... possibly only 2 unless someone really makes a push. Derrick Henry and Dalvin cook are currently the only RBs with 1000 yards. The next closest back is over 300 yards behind them.

Here is the current top 10 after week 11. 

1. Derrick Henry- 1,079

2. Dalvin Cook - 1,069

3. James Robinson- 762

4. Josh Jacobs- 755

5. Ronald Jones II- 754

6.  Ezekiel Elliott - 675

7. Clyde Edwards-Helaire- 655

8. James Connor- 645

9. Kareem Hunt- 644

10. Kenyon Drake- 641

Here are their opponents for week 12. And their rushing YPG ranks. 

1. Derrick Henry- @ IND 3rd

2. Dalvin Cook - vs CAR 17th

3. James Robinson-vs CLE 8th

4. Josh Jacobs- @ ATL 9th

5. Ronald Jones II- vs. KC 26th

6.  Ezekiel Elliott - vs WAS 18th

7. Clyde [email protected] TB 2nd

8. James Connor- vs BAL 16th

9. Kareem Hunt- @ JAX  24th

10. Kenyon [email protected] NE 21st

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Top 3 Rushers have already played today, so I feel like it’s safe to update this thread.    Henry had a Monster game against the Jags running for 215 yards and ended up being pulled with 10mi

you are responding to a dude who doesn't realize how NFL games are broadcast. Do yourself a favor and ignore the clown.

The Mount Rushmore of NFL running backs. Yet I'm supposed to believe Dalvin Cook is better? Nah. I don't give a rats ass what he does out of the backfield, Henry is the most talented runner and most d

Posted Images

On 11/23/2020 at 8:50 AM, Guts said:

I think Cook takes it,  our offensive line is fucked.

People like you make me scratch my head. You betting against DH (Our guy) is ignorant. When that weather gets colder guys are gonna wilt. Just like the Ravens wilted.

Edited by NFL2K5

Winner: Overtime Derrick Henry

It was either Marshawn Lynch or William Shakespeare who once said: “If you just run through somebody’s face, a lot of people ain’t gonna be able to take that over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.” (I’m pretty sure that’s iambic pentameter. You can’t prove I’m wrong because let’s be honest, nobody knows what iambic pentameter is.) On Sunday, that adage was proved true once again.

This week, the Titans played the Ravens, the team that Derrick Henry eliminated from last year’s postseason by running for 195 yards. This time, Henry had just 37 yards on 13 carries at halftime, and it looked like the Ravens had figured out how to stop the gargantuan Titan back. But Henry finished the day with 133 yards, including a walk-off game-winning 29-yard touchdown in overtime:

So far this season, there have been seven overtime games. Four have been won on field goals; one ended in a tie; and the other two have been won by Derrick Henry. In Week 6, the Titans forced overtime against the Texans, then won after Henry recorded 63 scrimmage yards and the game-winning touchdown on the only drive of overtime.

If Derrick Henry is on your fantasy team, you probably look at your phone every week around halftime and think he’s letting you down. Then you check your phone a few hours later and see he’s powering you to a victory. This isn’t an illusion: Week after week, Henry turns mediocre first halves into spectacular performances.

Since 2017 (not including Sunday’s game), Henry has 2,592 second-half rushing yards and 28 touchdowns. That’s the most in the NFL in that span, and nobody else is really close—Todd Gurley is second in both categories, with 2,070 yards and 24 touchdowns. But Henry’s in fourth place in first-half rushing yards, 642 yards behind Ezekiel Elliott, and has just 12 first-half touchdowns to Gurley’s 27. It’s not just a matter of volume—Henry is significantly better in the second halves of games.

That’s not true for most NFL running backs. So far this year, first-half running plays go for an average of 4.42 yards, while second-half running plays go for 4.27. Henry is actually below average in the first half, averaging just 4.01 yards per carry—but he explodes to 5.49 yards per carry in the second half. When the Titans feed Henry in first halves, it may seem futile. But he’s a 6-foot-3, 240-pound tenderizing mallet who softens up opponents and turns seemingly stiff defenses into tasty cuts for him to carve up later.

Overtime is when Henry is at his best. The defense may have been excited to tackle Henry when they got off the bus, but after 60 minutes on a field with him, they’re excited to get back on the bus—and he’s happy to send them there. Seems like Derrick Henry must be an avid Shakespeare fan.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/11/23/21590898/nfl-week-11-winners-losers-derrick-henry-joe-burrow-taysom-hill

3 hours ago, japan said:

It’s a valid opinion. Cook has looked great. You don’t have to be a homer to have an opinion...

Who cares, It's a stupid opinion when our guy is leading him. Most of you morons are anti American, guess it makes sense for you to be anti Titans.

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

you are responding to a dude he doesn't realize how NFL games are broadcast. Do yourself a favor and ignore the clown.

Not sure what you're talking about. But please do ignore me. Yet here you are responding.

3 hours ago, Guts said:

Its being realistic

Refer to my first comment lol.

3 hours ago, NFL2K5 said:

People like you make me scratch my head. You betting against DH (Our guy) is ignorant. When that weather gets colder guys are gonna wilt. Just like the Ravens wilted. 

I don't agree that people can't have another opinion but I definitely agree that DH does his best work towards the end of the year which bodes well for his ability to take the title again.  

• heyitsmeallen changed the title to Update: Derrick Henry wins back to back rushing titles and joins the 2k club!