Jayon Brown Done for Season

Jonboy

5 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

Hooker is their deep safety now in single high looks and I actually think he is pretty good in that role. Byard would most likely fill the role if Vaccaro is unable to go.

I don't like Byard in man coverage with no help. I prefer Hooker on the RBs and Byard playing the deep middle. Either way, the 3 safety look is the only way we stop the backs out of the backfield unless Long plays out of his mind in coverage.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who thinks Brown isn't a big loss, you are crazy. Sure he hasn't been near as good this year but he's been much better since the Steelers game. He severely limits what the defense can do in

For all of the whining and calling for peoples jobs, it’s pretty amazing that we are 7-3 after mass covid losses and all of  critical injuries. 

41 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I don't like Byard in man coverage with no help. I prefer Hooker on the RBs and Byard playing the deep middle. Either way, the 3 safety look is the only way we stop the backs out of the backfield unless Long plays out of his mind in coverage.

They must not think Hooker can do it then because he hasn’t really ever played that kind of role for us. He is a deep zone player as seen by his play yesterday. 

11 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

Hooker is their deep safety now in single high looks and I actually think he is pretty good in that role. Byard would most likely fill the role if Vaccaro is unable to go.

Byard played Vaccaros role his rookie year iirc while Searcy played single high. I’m not sure. I just remember Byard playing in the box a lot. 

On 11/22/2020 at 9:23 PM, Thrill said:

Lewan & Jayon done for the year. Maybe Kern? 

D. Evans, Adoree, and Wilson have essentially been out all year.

Jonnu, AJ, Clowney, Vaccaro, Cory Davis, Saffold etc. have all missed games due to injury. It's not the worst ever but it's pretty bad. 

Keep RT healthy and you have a shot.  Lose him and the season is lost.  Pretty simple.

5 hours ago, FRT said:

Keep RT healthy and you have a shot.  Lose him and the season is lost.  Pretty simple.

Some of the shots he's taken the last 3 games, it's amazing he hasn't missed any time.  That WR pedigree, that ability to take a hit, is a big part of his success and separates him from many other QBs.  That said, just because he can take a hit doesn't mean we should be happy seeing him take so many hits!

Whichever of the safeties the coaches think is the best fit is fine by me. My point is that we don't have a LB that can replace Brown in this role. So it will be Hooker or Vaccaro, because they are the only ones who can do it. But either way, we lose something in run stopping. That can be fixed other ways. They need to rush Evans more, frankly.

On November 24, 2020 at 12:24 PM, mmmmmbeeer said:

Some of the shots he's taken the last 3 games, it's amazing he hasn't missed any time.  That WR pedigree, that ability to take a hit, is a big part of his success and separates him from many other QBs.  That said, just because he can take a hit doesn't mean we should be happy seeing him take so many hits!

Tannehill's taken a lot more hits then we've dispersed the last few weeks. I checked the stats because it seemed like a big difference & the Ravens had 13 combined QB hits/TFL to the Titans 5. The Colt game was about the same. Tannehill really played well, along with Brown's 2 monster YAC plays & Henry being Henry to over come that to a degree.

It amazes me about the Ravens, no matter their roster or injuries, they always cause havoc on defense. I don't get it.

On November 24, 2020 at 2:37 PM, Alcibiades said:

Whichever of the safeties the coaches think is the best fit is fine by me. My point is that we don't have a LB that can replace Brown in this role. So it will be Hooker or Vaccaro, because they are the only ones who can do it. But either way, we lose something in run stopping. That can be fixed other ways. They need to rush Evans more, frankly.

Lets hope we do this. I'm worried that Hooker goes right back to a sub role with Vaccaro back to playing every snap & Compton taking Brown's role. 

Vaccaro has absolutely killed us in coverage this year. Killed us. With Brown out it would be borderline suicide to put Vaccaro back out there as the starting safety.

1 hour ago, Face said:

Lets hope we do this. I'm worried that Hooker goes right back to a sub role with Vaccaro back to playing every snap & Compton taking Brown's role. 

Vaccaro has absolutely killed us in coverage this year. Killed us. With Brown out it would be borderline suicide to put Vaccaro back out there as the starting safety.

Compton would take Brown's role on base downs. No way they leave him in on passing downs.

Edited by Starkiller