Jayon Brown Done for Season

Jonboy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who thinks Brown isn't a big loss, you are crazy. Sure he hasn't been near as good this year but he's been much better since the Steelers game. He severely limits what the defense can do in

For all of the whining and calling for peoples jobs, it’s pretty amazing that we are 7-3 after mass covid losses and all of  critical injuries. 

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

For anyone who thinks Brown isn't a big loss, you are crazy. Sure he hasn't been near as good this year but he's been much better since the Steelers game. He severely limits what the defense can do in the middle of the field.

Any starter is a big loss. Even a stiff like Lewan!

Lewan & Jayon done for the year. Maybe Kern? 

D. Evans, Adoree, and Wilson have essentially been out all year.

Jonnu, AJ, Clowney, Vaccaro, Cory Davis, Saffold etc. have all missed games due to injury. It's not the worst ever but it's pretty bad. 

2 hours ago, Callidus said:

This is football not hockey. 

Well, yeah that's why they make them put their sticks down. Imagine how good the DBs would be if they could use a hockey stick?

On second thought, it's a much better idea to let players seek revenge as has been suggested here than to let the rules of the game instill some discipline.

Honestly, I think we're going to have to pull Hooker into that Brown coverage role (assuming Vacarro can come back). It's NOT ideal. Brown has size and speed, and he's shifty. Having Hooker or someone like him there instead is a net loss, but none of our LBs have Brown's skillset. They just don't. Long can replace him in the run game, and even in the pass rush. But not in coverage.

15 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

Honestly, I think we're going to have to pull Hooker into that Brown coverage role (assuming Vacarro can come back). It's NOT ideal. Brown has size and speed, and he's shifty. Having Hooker or someone like him there instead is a net loss, but none of our LBs have Brown's skillset. They just don't. Long can replace him in the run game, and even in the pass rush. But not in coverage.

Hooker is their deep safety now in single high looks and I actually think he is pretty good in that role. Byard would most likely fill the role if Vaccaro is unable to go.

21 hours ago, japan said:

For all of the whining and calling for peoples jobs, it’s pretty amazing that we are 7-3 after mass covid losses and all of  critical injuries. 

Yes sir you got that right!!! All we need is some players to come in that are hungry to play their position and giving it their all every down!! We've all seen guys not on the radar by name but given a chance they play there hearts out and eventually get attention because of their great efforts!!! 

5 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

Hooker is their deep safety now in single high looks and I actually think he is pretty good in that role. Byard would most likely fill the role if Vaccaro is unable to go.

I don't like Byard in man coverage with no help. I prefer Hooker on the RBs and Byard playing the deep middle.