Let’s talk about Breon Borders

kyle021

2 minutes ago, Face said:

I wonder if JRob’s comment about Vrabel playing the same position as Beasley & teaching him a bit might be a hint of this. I’ve had a feeling that VB was a guy Vrabel wanted since it happened. Like everyone’s said, the signing just felt odd from the start, just not a typical Robinson guy. JRob is willing to give guys who have had some character issues a shot, but never loafers. 

I think Vrabel loved VB’s physical talent. He scouted the LB’s & pass rushers for the Texans in 2015 & Personally worked out the prospects. He probably thought he could do something with him. In a way I get it.  VB has insane traits.

Yeah, this is my guess. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's played really well. Grading out as elite so far on PFF and he has been passing the eye test. I love his competitiveness out there most of all. 

If everyone is healthy, Borders becomes the dime back at best (him vs Fulton).   But Borders has been an excellent addition. A huge step up over old man Joseph.

This guy has been locking receivers down since he became the starter opposite Butler. How this dude went undrafted is beyond me just watching him.    Marquise Brown had zero receptions today. N

Borders play has essentially made the outside CB play issues go away. Big props to him developing through the season and building one game on top of another to the point now where we really don’t even have to worry about him. The bigger concerns are in the middle of the field and work vs TEs/RBs especially with Brown now out for the season.

As of now I think when (if) Adoree comes back, you use him as more of a matchup weapon. Leave Butler and Borders outside as they have been playing well. Later in the game today they used King vs. the  Ravens TE and I could see them doing more of that as well. They could also do something similar with Fulton as well. 

Edited by titanskick8851

2 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Borders play has essentially made the outside CB play issues go away. Big props to him developing through the season and building one game on top of another to the point now where we really don’t even have to worry about him. The bigger concerns are in the middle of the field and work vs TEs/RBs especially with Brown now out for the season.

As of now I think when (if) Adoree comes back, you use him as more of a matchup weapon. Leave Butler and Borders outside as they have been playing well. Later in the game today they used King vs. the  Ravens TE and I could see them doing more of that as we. They could also do something similar with Fulton as well. 

Biggest play of the game was King breaking up that pass to Snead. Absolutely perfect technique not to draw the PI and get his hand on the ball. 

15 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Titanskick is talking about when Jackson finally gets back in the lineup and is knocking off the rust. He hasn’t played a game in almost a year. 

Thank you! Yeah obviously it Jackson is good to go then you have him play a majority of the snaps, but the first couple of weeks make sure he gets his feet under him and limit the amount of snaps and chances for re-injury. We need him for the playoffs. 

10 hours ago, Face said:

PFF did this whole series on pass rush vs secondary. They basically feel that secondary play is more important nowadays. Well not just secondary play, but coverage in general.

Ive always felt the narrative that pass rush cures everything was very short sighted. Of course it’s a lot more complex then just pass rush vs secondary, you want both. But I’ve always felt a great secondary gives any defense a chance while I’ve seen plenty of teams with a big pass rush get torched. Great QB’s can mitigate the pass rush more then they can deal with coverage.

Steelers are mediocre at corner and have beasts rushing the passer. 

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Titanskick is talking about when Jackson finally gets back in the lineup and is knocking off the rust. He hasn’t played a game in almost a year. 

With all of these injuries mounting and us having to carry guys on the active roster who aren’t playing, you wonder if the end of Adoree’s season is near...

Edited by japan

37 minutes ago, japan said:

With all of these injuries mounting and us having to carry guys on the active roster who aren’t playing, you wonder if the end of Adoree’s season is near...

It’s definitely possible. If he isn’t back in the next few weeks he probably goes to the IR. 

I love how you idiots readily assume that the EVP/GM is deferring all kinds of personnel decisions to Vrabel but only on the one's that don't work out.  Robinson has complete control of the football operations.  There's not a player added that he doesn't authorize.  JFC.

Next off-season is going to be interesting at CB.

Do we find a way to keep King?

Do we release Butler to free up cap space in other areas?

Then you have some exciting battles to watch.

Fulton vs Butler vs Boarders outside 

Jackson vs King at nickel 

I know Jackson has had a rough outing but he also came from Marshall and needs to adjust to the NFL, I still think he can develop into a decent nickel with time.