Week 11: Titans @ Ravens Game Thread

Jonboy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any day the Titans win is a good day. Beat the rat birds? Great day.

Fuck you guys....good game. Hopefully talk again in 2021.

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, dcblanton said:

That is not true.  The both suck, but in different ways.  Flacco is old and immobile, but was once really good and a Super Bowl MVP.  Jackson is young, and mobile, and has yet to even win a playoff game.

Neither can throw the ball accurately, but Flacco once could.  Jackson never has.

Wrong.  Flacco got lucky with a few chucks/heaves and tried to live off them.  How'd that work out?

12 minutes ago, CharrdWood said:

Wrong.  Flacco got lucky with a few chucks/heaves and tried to live off them.  How'd that work out?

He was actually pretty legit for a while. That monstrous contract he signed after the superbowl year crippled the team's ability to retain/bring in talent around him and he was never a guy that could truly elevate those around him. All down hill from there.

This may sound cliche’d but today was a character win. It was gut check time and guys answered the bell. Our big money guys stepped up. An AFC Road win against a possible playoff matchup is pretty big. And we’re doing it with a lot of injuries to key players. We went from 2 spots out of the playoffs to the 4th seed, with a lot of football left to be played. Vrabel had them ready. The air is a little sweeter tonight. 

I just wanted to say: Yards after catch and yards after contact really won us this game. AJ had the big touchdown and another long sideline run, both after shedding tackles. Corey Davis got tons of YAC. And of course Henry’s big run was the cherry on top. Our guys leaned on the Ravens the whole second half and they finally broke on that play. 

JRob went out and got 3 or 4 guys who can shed tackles at elite levels (AJ, Jonnu, and Henry might be #1 at all of their respective positions) and it really made the difference in a game where our center cost us two touchdowns (8 points off the board after accounting for the field goals). Those big mistakes by the center show how those extra yards after contact are so crucial. Nothing is promised and if you can break some tackles and take a short pass for a touchdown or, in Henry’s case, take a 10 yard run to the house you give yourself such an edge.

Edited by Thrill

It really pisses me off Baltimore isn't in our division anymore. The hate  and tension just comes naturally between our two franchises even as time passes as evidenced by the pregame and how much all of us despise Baltimore. The games tend to be tight and entertaining. The contrasts and similarities are perfect and the NFL royally fucked up by separating us. I'm still baffled that they just let that happen and nobody objected.

I absolutely hate the Ravens, their stupid purple uniforms, their players. and people from Maryland/the Beltway are fucking obnoxious and insufferable. For the hardcore Titans fan, there is no team you hate more than those filthy crows.

I have no doubt with the current teams we'd punk those assclowns twice a year and my god that'd be fun.

Edited by Hyperion

7 minutes ago, Hyperion said:

It really pisses me off Baltimore isn't in our division anymore. The hate just comes natural between our two franchises. The contrasts and similarities are perfect and the NFL royally fucked up by separating us.  I absolutely hate the Ravens, their stupid purple uniforms, their players. For the hardcore Titans fan, there is no team you hate more than those filthy crows.

I have no doubt with the current teams we'd punk these assclowns twice a year and my god that'd be fun.

Try moving to Baltimore for 3 years for work and being a Titan fan.

All my co-workers and friends were Ravens fans.

And this was 2000-2003....the heyday of our initial rivalry.

I watched that Ravens team become the low-life scum organization they are now.

Ray Lewis, Siragusa....cheapest motherfuckers....

• Jonboy unpinned this topic