JRob's 2020 Decisions Will Bite Us In The Butt.

Number9

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These arguments about whether Robinson is elite or a great GM are meaningless.   Building an NFL team is always changing inexact process that requires risk/reward decisions based on how clos

Here, I'll toss Charlie a bone. Trading picks to move up inherently feels risky because we know how much of a crap shoot the draft can be. The idea that you should have as many picks as possible (akin

BTW   I'm definitely extending King this off season 

Posted Images

Just now, El Guapo said:

To be fair, Wilson had no character concerns coming out of Georgia. He was what we needed. Maybe, just maybe he will make it. We could use him.

I am hoping he will.  He was my favorite pick of this year's draft. 

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/23/raiders-sign-former-all-pro-de-vic-beasley-to-their-practice-squad/

Back in March of this year, the Titans were signing former Falcons DE Vic Beasley to a one-year, $9.5 million deal. Now, less than eight months later, he was just sitting out there with no team interested in adding him to their active roster. So, the Raiders have added him to their practice squad.

Even on the off chance of a return to his previous pass rush production, the Raiders brought him in....another former highly productive pass rusher.

2019 TITANS  

Titans underdogs went into New England and beat the great Patriots.

Next, Titans underdogs went into Baltimore and beat the number one seed.

Last, Titans underdogs went into Kansas City and lost to the Chiefs.

When we left Kansas City, unanimous opinion around here was "we are close, just need to add a piece or two.  We need to get home field for one game if not throughout.  A bye week and even if we have to go play at Arrowhead, we have a shot."  We saw that this team had the talent to play with the best in the league.  This year, even with all the injuries and mishaps the Titans went into Baltimore and beat the Ravens.  We won because JRob has put together a great team with the kind of depth you have to have if you get hit with injuries.

I think a lot of people have lost sight of our goal for 2020.  Our plan was to beat the Chiefs.  JRob let Mike Vrabel talk him into not hiring a DC because he could do it.  Mike Vrabel talked JRob into spending the offseason trying to sign Clowney.  JRob let Mike Vrabel talk him into signing Vic Beasley.  We lost Jurrell Casey and Logan Ryan.  JRob spent 12M on Clowney who is performing pretty much as expected.  JRob spent 9.5M on Beasley who got picked up today by the Raiders.  

Logan Ryan was a good player for the Titans.  Who did JRob sign to replace him?  We brought in Johnathon Joseph who is no longer a Titan.  Now Mike Vrabel is very familiar with Joseph, but I won't say he talked JRob into making that decision.

So, do you think the Titans improved the defense?  Do you think the DC is equal to or better than last year?  

SB windows don't last long.  The 2019 Titans were a powerhouse.  They hung with Patty Mahomes for a half, but after two really tough games on the road they just didn't have enough left.  Improve that team and the Titans would be on the short list to win the SB.

I think Mike Vrabel is a real good coach.

I think JRob is a real good GM.

??????

If Robinson is soooo cuckholded by  Vrabel like you recklessly allege without any factual information, that he’s not a good GM........

It’s comical but not surprising that you don’t wanna hang any of the issues on Robinson. Blaming Vrabel seems for easier, especially since you went overboard on how perfect Robinson was.  

We have only gotten meaningful snaps from 5th rounder Murchison out of this draft-- a few from Darrynton, Fulton and Jackson but nothing from Wilson or McDonald.

Meanwhile Baltimore has Queen, Dobbins, and Duvarney as significant contributors. Pittsburgh's Claypool just set a rookie record for 10 straight games with TDs, and Indy has benefitted from Michael Pittman and Jonathan Taylor. Both Pitt and Indy didn't have a 1st Round selection. There may be others on those rosters and certainly other significant contributions on other rosters BUT CERTAINLY NONE FROM OURS.

Is this just bad Titan luck or is there some step missed in pre-draft evaluation? Impossible to say from our seats. All you can do is look at results.

2 hours ago, HollyHeap said:

??????

If Robinson is soooo cuckholded by  Vrabel like you recklessly allege without any factual information, that he’s not a good GM........

It’s comical but not surprising that you don’t wanna hang any of the issues on Robinson. Blaming Vrabel seems for easier, especially since you went overboard on how perfect Robinson was.  

How am I not hanging any issues on JRob when I said he signed Clowney, Beasley and Joseph?  I also said he didn't hire a DC.  I also mentioned earlier how Wilson has not even played a game.  

I also gave him credit for having very good depth capable of still beating the Ravens.

2 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

JRob is overrated. He is a good enough GM no doubt and he is far better than any GM we have had since Floyd Reese. But he isn’t remotely some elite, perfect GM

IDK.  I do see a change in his decision making.

52 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

We have only gotten meaningful snaps from 5th rounder Murchison out of this draft-- a few from Darrynton, Fulton and Jackson but nothing from Wilson or McDonald.

Meanwhile Baltimore has Queen, Dobbins, and Duvarney as significant contributors. Pittsburgh's Claypool just set a rookie record for 10 straight games with TDs, and Indy has benefitted from Michael Pittman and Jonathan Taylor. Both Pitt and Indy didn't have a 1st Round selection. There may be others on those rosters and certainly other significant contributions on other rosters BUT CERTAINLY NONE FROM OURS.

Is this just bad Titan luck or is there some step missed in pre-draft evaluation? Impossible to say from our seats. All you can do is look at results.

The colts hit on 2 of their picks last (2019)year the other 7-8 picks are either off the team or will be after this season (Paris Campbell)

the Steelers don’t even roster 7 of their draft picks from 2019.

the draft falls this way for most teams- there’s a less than 50% success rate and the teams that suck more in the nfl don’t suck more because of their draft picks, it’s typically because of their QB play or their ability to protect their QB and in turn impacts his play.

yes the draft is important, and it’s helpful to the overall roster when you can hit on your 1st and 2nd round picks, but the league as a whole doesn’t have a great success rate with the draft. 

We got solid to all-pro contributions from the 1st 3 picks in the 2019 draft in the 2nd half/playoffs last year (Simmons, AJB, Davis). This was a franchise changing type of draft.

We have nothing to show so far from the same 1st 3 picks so far in 2020. I expect Fulton/Evans to contribute down the stretch at least some after getting healthy. It would be nice if Panda would be a mauler for a playoff run, but that is looking unlikely at this time...

Edited by ChemEngr79

2 minutes ago, Number9 said:

How am I not hanging any issues on JRob when I said he signed Clowney, Beasley and Joseph?  I also said he didn't hire a DC.  I also mentioned earlier how Wilson has not even played a game.  

I also gave him credit for having very good depth capable of still beating the Ravens.

You literally argue that Vrabel talked him into signing specific players who failed to produce.   You indirectly blame Vrabel, who was HIRED AND REPORTS TO ROBINSON, as opposed to the person with final say.  Nothing on the football side of the organization is done without Robinson's blessing.  

You also completely ignore the fact that Bowen is the DC in duty but not with the title - just like they have done in places like NE and Miami.......

5 minutes ago, Number9 said:

IDK.  I do see a change in his decision making.

It's literally as simple as having to make decisions on which good players to pay/keep and which ones to let walk now that the team is not only good but doesn't have the luxury of 40 M - 60 M in cap space and high draft picks.