Taysom Hill starting at QB

9 Nines

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't see how anyone who is a huge fan of a team can watch more than 1 game at the same time.

Its downright crazy Hill is starting over Winston. Payton's obsession with Hill is nuts. 

He is legit trying to look for offers for Hill by talking him up

12 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Tebow Jr

I don't think the Saints will eat a W

He’s a way better athlete than Tebow.

I think Saints will win. Game planning for Hill is a bit unknown at this point. He’s such a good athlete I think ATL struggles containing him. It’s possible he runs for more yards than he throws for. 

14 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

He’s a way better athlete than Tebow.

I think Saints will win. Game planning for Hill is a bit unknown at this point. He’s such a good athlete I think ATL struggles containing him. It’s possible he runs for more yards than he throws for. 

If the Saints win it’s because the Falcons are a terrible team. 

22 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

If the Saints win it’s because the Falcons are a terrible team. 

Well they aren’t great.

It’s not like the Saints get elite QB play every game and are all of a sudden losing that. All Hill has to do is scramble around and dump the ball off to Kamara and Thomas. Saints defense has been playing great. They would be the favorite regardless of who their QB is. 

20 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Well they aren’t great.

It’s not like the Saints get elite QB play every game and are all of a sudden losing that. All Hill has to do is scramble around and dump the ball off to Kamara and Thomas. Saints defense has been playing great. They would be the favorite regardless of who their QB is. 

He has 10 completions in his career and most of them are due to wildcat type plays.... he'll be horrible tomorrow, guarantee it.

32 minutes ago, oldschool said:

He has 10 completions in his career and most of them are due to wildcat type plays.... he'll be horrible tomorrow, guarantee it.

I don't think they are going to ask him to complete many passes tomorrow either. The ones he does will likely be easy little dump offs to wide open receivers. He's not going to be running a traditional Saints offense tomorrow. They could have success with a gimmick offense. ATL doesn't really know what to prepare for and had to prepare all week with an unknown of who the QB would be. 

Im not calling that Hill will be some great QB tomorrow. I just think the saints are a good enough team to hide his deficiencies as a QB and still get the win. He wouldn't be the first QB in the league to suck but still have success due to an unknown gimmick offense.

Edited by CaliTitan3518

When it came to light that it would be Taysom Hill and not Jameis Winston, the questions came. From those who know Sean Payton well to those around the NFL: Wait, what?

Why would the backup not be the backup?

After conversations with several people involved in the situation, an explanation became clear as to why Hill, the do-it-all weapon, is expected to start at QB vs. the Falcons.

"Sean just wants to know," said one source with a deep knowledge of Payton's thinking.

So, Payton, who identified Hill's talents immediately off film from his time with the Green Bay Packers, wants to know if Hill is his starter for 10 years or not. The process begins today.

Hill took first- and second-team reps in practice this week, with the Saints making sure he got the full preparation for the biggest start of his life. While practice went well and Hill seemed prepared, he did battle nerves early on in the week. At one point, it seemed like the enormity of the situation might overwhelm him.

But he settled in and had a solid week. Expect Hill to find Alvin Kamara and Michael Thomas early on short passes to get him in a rhythm and find success.

It is the biggest day in the career of Hill, who the Saints claimed in 2017 after he was released by the Packers. He was quickly identified as a player the team may want to claim. Payton, in particular, took a liking to him and believed there was potential.

Three years later, Hill has his chance. How it goes could have a major impact on the next decade in New Orleans.

https://www.nfl.com/news/saints-sean-payton-just-wants-to-know-if-taysom-hill-is-future-at-qb

5 minutes ago, ComeAgain said:

And warranted. 

Hills stats were good but did he execute a drop back offense? I didn't watch a single snap so its an honest question. Ill eat crow if I'm wrong about Hill...

Edited by oldschool

8 minutes ago, ComeAgain said:

No deep shots but, yea, he did. He was hitting MT on outs with consistency. Stood in the pocket for the most part and hit guys in stride 10+ yards downfield. Under pressure. Did real well. He got lucky with a dropped INT inside the 5. And he lost a fumble on a 20 yard run when get got hit from behind. Other than that he played a very solid game. But I also was watching TEN so I may have missed stuff myself. 

He threw a 50+ yard TD pass  that was a tad short but receiver adjusted, caught it, and ran 5 to 10 yards into the end zone but play was called back for holding.   Also Michael Thomas dropped a 25 to 30 yards pass that went right through his hands - Michael Thomas sat on ground staring at his hands afterwards wondering what was wrong with them. I think that Thomas drop was Hill's first non-completed pass on the day, around his 5th or 6th pass. 

Edited by 9 Nines

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

Hills stats were good but did he execute a drop back offense? I didn't watch a single snap so its an honest question. Ill eat crow if I'm wrong about Hill...

I watched the whole game. We're gonna need to see more. 

He only threw 23 times, ran another 10 times (both of his TDs were runs). Some good passes, some pretty bad ones too. His longest pass was so underthrown, the DBs kept running into the end zone because they were so confused. I personally didn't see a guy who's arm I trust, but it was his first start. 

He's not a pure passer obviously, but lots of offenses have been successful with dual threat guys. The Saints D is very good and their running game is awesome. Payton is a wizard, so we'll see if he can design a modern offense around Hill. But I wouldn't read much into the Atlanta game, lots of questions still.

7 minutes ago, cenj said:

I watched the whole game. We're gonna need to see more. 

He only threw 23 times, ran another 10 times (both of his TDs were runs). Some good passes, some pretty bad ones too. His longest pass was so underthrown, the DBs kept running into the end zone because they were so confused. I personally didn't see a guy who's arm I trust, but it was his first start. 

He's not a pure passer obviously, but lots of offenses have been successful with dual threat guys. The Saints D is very good and their running game is awesome. Payton is a wizard, so we'll see if he can design a modern offense around Hill. But I wouldn't read much into the Atlanta game, lots of questions still.

How did you watch the whole game while the Titans were playing?