Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, titaninpgh said:

My heart-warming conspiracy is that Vrabel officially kept the DC position open because Pees told him he may want to come back later this season or after a 1-season hiatus. 

That would be some Jedi/Belichick moves right there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, titaninpgh said:

My heart-warming conspiracy is that Vrabel officially kept the DC position open because Pees told him he may want to come back later this season or after a 1-season hiatus. 

It is pretty convenient we don’t even have an offcial DC. They wouldn’t even need to fire anyone. 

 

They should absolutely try to make this happen, but like others have said, I think Vrabel may be a little too prideful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It makes sense on several levels to us the fans but to Vrabel it would look like a major SOS for help. If JRob felt like the fans do, he could bend Vrabel’s ear and make it happen but it still reeks of failure on Vrabel for not replacing him with a legitimate DC. The regression of the defense has been alarming whether Vrabel admits it or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Screw pride, if the defense continues its current "one of the worst in NFL history" trajectory, Vrabel won't have a job. JRob surely will communicate this to him, as JRob also may not have a job.

 

Fix it. If you can't, be a leader and hire somebody better than you that can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, freakingeek said:

It makes sense on several levels to us the fans but to Vrabel it would look like a major SOS for help. If JRob felt like the fans do, he could bend Vrabel’s ear and make it happen but it still reeks of failure on Vrabel for not replacing him with a legitimate DC. The regression of the defense has been alarming whether Vrabel admits it or not.

The question is how many DC's could you bring in that are experienced in the Pees system?  You bring in a name DC then he's bringing his defense.  I think Vrabel, mistakenly it looks like, thought he would continue the Pees system with himself and Bowen.

Edited by japan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HollyHeap said:

If they only had Dean Pees, they'd shut down Mahomes and KC!  Oh wait.  Nevermind :(

 

We'll take just shutting down  Lamar Jackson!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jonboy said:

It is pretty convenient we don’t even have an offcial DC. They wouldn’t even need to fire anyone. 

 

They should absolutely try to make this happen, but like others have said, I think Vrabel may be a little too prideful.


Losing 3 out of 4 and having a shitty defense can’t be good for his pride, either...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

And at this point Bowens career trajectory is trending down after calling plays this year so who really gives a fuck,

 

Pees might be the only thing saving him from being a position coach the rest of his career. 

Bowen better hope he comes back...and flounders. That way he won't look so bad. Or if Bowen thinks Adoree and fulton are returning, that might save his ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Recent Posts

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...