Gil Brandt Teams Better/Worse Than Their Record.

Number9

11 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

You look like an idiot right now. I’ll end it there. 

Wrong.  Your argument is that the scheme and the coaching are the root cause of the problems and that what's happened to date has nothing to do with personnel or execution. 

If so, then explain why Vrabel, Robinson's hire BTW, should be kept?  Clearly he's incompetent, right?

They need to beg Pees to come back because Vrabel is such a moron!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tannehill's completion percentage before the Houston game: 70%   Tannehill's completition percentage since the Houston game: 56%   Tannehill's touchdown and interceptions aren't al

Every team has injuries. Not hiring a DC was the biggest failure of the offseason. I like Vrabel as a HC but If he refuses to hire a DC again this offseason he needs to be given the Mularkey treatment

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, HollyHeap said:

Wrong.  Your argument is that the scheme and the coaching are the root cause of the problems and that what's happened to date has nothing to do with personnel or execution. 

If so, then explain why Vrabel, Robinson's hire BTW, should be kept?  Clearly he's incompetent, right?

They need to beg Pees to come back because Vrabel is such a moron!

Hey dum dum I’ve never said anything like that whatsoever lol. You’re making shit up as you go because you look like an idiot, Bud. 

4 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Hey dum dum I’ve never said anything like that whatsoever lol. You’re making shit up as you go because you look like an idiot, Bud. 

You've spend plenty of time on here arguing that the scheme and coaching is the issue but you're all good with Vrabel?  That's literally impossible to reconcile.  Either he's a bad HC who cannot hire assistants or he's in over his head schematically.  All of this time he was being carried by Arthur & Dean!

Just now, HollyHeap said:

You've spend plenty of time on here arguing that the scheme and coaching is the issue but you're all good with Vrabel?  That's literally impossible to reconcile.  Either he's a bad HC who cannot hire assistants or he's in over his head schematically.  All of this time he was being carried by Arthur & Dean!

Still making shit up. Keep at it dummy. 

On 11/20/2020 at 11:05 AM, HollyHeap said:

This is not the best team the franchise has ever had talent wise.  JFC.  One could argue that the offense is one of their best but the talent on D is nothing compared to 99-03 or 2008.....And that's not even going back to the Oilers days.

Yep, not even close to all of the 13-3 teams under Fisher. Who was one of the worst coaches in NFL history according to most of the posters here. :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 11:13 PM, Number9 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/three-nfl-teams-better-than-their-records-and-three-that-are-worse

Worse  Titans  6-3

I was excited about the Titans after their 5-0 start -- perhaps too excited, considering four of those early wins came against teams that currently carry losing records (Denver, Jacksonville, Minnesota and Houston) by a combined margin of 12 points. Horrendous third-down defense -- stemming from a mediocre pass rush and the absence to this point in the season of cornerback Adoree' Jackson -- and the kicking woes of Stephen Gostkowskiare ongoing issues, while the loss of left tackle Taylor Lewan to a torn ACL for the season will hurt the offense. I'm not going to write off this team, considering how hot Ryan Tannehill, Derrick Henry and Co. got at the end of 2019, but the next three weeks (at Baltimore, at Indianapolis, vs. Cleveland) are pivotal in the tightly bunched AFC.

Gil Brandt

Opinions

My opinion is that Gil Brandt's take can get flushed when the Titans are 8-3 and built for December football.

2 hours ago, patsplat said:

My opinion is that Gil Brandt's take can get flushed when the Titans are 8-3 and built for December football.

In all fairness he was spot on when that article was written. The Titans were quickly trending downward with some glaring issues.

Obviously the last 2 weeks have put us back in the conversation and I'm sure he would agree.

Just now, Former_Fan said:

In all fairness he was spot on when that article was written. The Titans were quickly trending downward with some glaring issues.

Obviously the last 2 weeks have put us back in the conversation and I'm sure he would agree.

So we weren’t really trending down. 

13 minutes ago, japan said:

So we weren’t really trending down. 

Starting 5-0, then losing 3-4 is definitely trending down. 

He based the article off that fact. Really irrelevant at this point anyways. We just beat two really good teams and are 1st in the division.

Add to that the media has never bought into the Titans being worthy contenders, even when we made the AFC Championship last year. 

The hot take mentality of the media and fans is just insane sometimes.  It's a marathon, not a sprint so IDGAF who some talking head thinks is the MVP after week 3 or who's the best team at the halfway point.  Utterly meaningless drivel.

The Titans are a good team and when they play mistake free ball, they can beat anyone - even the Chiefs.