Titans Release P Ryan Allen; Promote Trevor Daniel

tgo

The fact that J Rob also passed on picking the Kicker from University of Georgia (Blankenship) who is now the starter for the Colts is also head scratching. He passed up taking that kicker over the QB Cole from Hawaii in the 7th round last draft. Would have put an end to our FG kicker carousel. In the 7th round no less. This past draft just looks like a major cluster€%#. Heck insert any other player instead of our first round selection. Look how good Clyde Edward Hylere is looking for the Chiefs. That selection would have eliminated the need to draft Evans in the third. Just a pitiful draft so far.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trevor Daniel must have saw something illegal at Fed Ex and is now holding it over the Smith family.   That's all I can come up with.

The fact that J Rob also passed on picking the Kicker from University of Georgia (Blankenship) who is now the starter for the Colts is also head scratching. He passed up taking that kicker over the QB

Posted Images

Allen had a good game statistically but he didn’t do a great job punting and got away with some problems. He was on the street for a reason.

Daniels had one shank, which was a huge fuckup. But the block wasn’t his fault, it was entirely on the blocking up front.

Both suck, but until Kern comes back we are going to see Daniels. And if he has another fuckup like last week then Vrabel is going to take the blame for picking him.

1 minute ago, MarcusMariota said:

We're being trolled at this point 

I honestly can't think of a better explanation at this point. JR is the epitome of not hanging onto bad decisions, which makes this stranger. Is he not making personnel decisions for ST?

44 minutes ago, tgo said:

Vrabel mentioned that one of the things that stood out about Daniel vs Allen was the difference in hangtime, allowing the coverage units the ability to cover. 

Well...when you yank it into the stands the coverage unit really doesn't come into play.

1 hour ago, tgo said:

Ryan Allen must be really looking like garbage in practice or something. 

Vrabel mentioned that one of the things that stood out about Daniel vs Allen was the difference in hangtime, allowing the coverage units the ability to cover. 

Anyway, this is quite puzzling. 

Allen was horrible on hang time in the Bears game. Not saying that this other stiff needed to be kept over him but even Reese mentioned it when people were praising Allen. 

1 hour ago, NFL2K5 said:

Vrabel is seriously trending down. His logic is so stupid. 

I read somewhere that the reason Vrabel chose the Punter for the Colts game over who we had for the Bears game was because Trevor Daniel had good practices.

So does in game performance mean less than practice performance? Is Vrabel stupid, or is his ego that big? 

This also makes me wonder what OTHER personnel decisions he is making that's killing this team. When a coach doesn't hire a defensive coordinator, that lets you know he has control issues. Dudes turning into Jeff Fisher 2.0. Mike Vrabel isn't better than Tomlin or Belichick, so how is JRob allowing dude to not hire a d coordinator?

Titan fans we might be in for a long few years. Bad thing is if we're losing and losing will JRob have the stones to cut him? Vrabel has all the symptoms of a coach that will eventually implode this organization. I hope I'm wrong.

Makers new account?

I honestly wonder if Vrabel is getting in JRob's head on draft day about potential players or ones to draft because this last draft was really subpar. Seeing that we needed a FG kicker that Blankenship pick by the Colts really makes you wonder what the hell he was thinking after all we did need a kicker.

If Vrabel doesn't lose his ego and get things fixed defensively he is not only gonna put his job in jeopardy but JRob's as well because Vrabel is JRob's guy. This offseason they made some major clusterfuck decisions and one of the main ones was letting too much vet leadership go on defense as well as the draft especially the first round pick. Also i've never liked the Evans pick i like the position we drafted but i was lukewarm on the player.

If anything i hope JRob learns from some of his mistakes and when next season arrives hopefully we will have some of these issues ironed out and in the rear view mirror with the key ones being special teams,kicking game and the defensive scheme and coordinator.

Edited by MIKE75

1 hour ago, Dream34 said:

The fact that J Rob also passed on picking the Kicker from University of Georgia (Blankenship) who is now the starter for the Colts is also head scratching. He passed up taking that kicker over the QB Cole from Hawaii in the 7th round last draft. Would have put an end to our FG kicker carousel. In the 7th round no less. This past draft just looks like a major cluster€%#. Heck insert any other player instead of our first round selection. Look how good Clyde Edward Hylere is looking for the Chiefs. That selection would have eliminated the need to draft Evans in the third. Just a pitiful draft so far.

Agree with everything you've said especially about the RB. I have never liked drafting offensive linemen in the first round unless its a left tackle. Back when Fisher was coaching the majority of the offensive linemen they drafted were in the middle and late rounds. Imagine Clyde Edward Hylere backing up Henry that would've been awesome. The only pick i really liked from this past draft was the CB in the second. Also if we had Blankenship we might've been able to tie and win that Steelers game.

Edited by MIKE75