MIKE75

Titans And The Schedule Remaining (Playoff Race)

Once we get to the postseason (IF we get there) anything is possible. We have proven in 2018 and 2020 we are built for the playoffs having won one on the road in 2018 and two in 2020.

7 hours ago, MarcusMariota said:

The rest of those teams have cream puff schedules. I dont see any of them not winning 10 games. Were gonna miss the playoffs after starting 5-0 what a joke 

If you don't want me to ignore you, get off your ALT account, discuss like an adult, and move past the over emotional responses.  

12 minutes ago, Justafan said:

If you don't want me to ignore you, get off your ALT account, discuss like an adult, and move past the over emotional responses.  

Why would I care if someone with a baby yoda profile picture ignores me? By all means ignore me. 

Did anyone think we would be in this predicament a few weeks back when we were 5-0??

Would be pretty embarrassing to start 5-0 and miss the postseason.

Even worse would be if they failed to even get over .500

As far as blame goes i think its equal between Vrabel and JRob. Both have made some mistakes that have put the team where they are at the moment.

3 hours ago, MIKE75 said:

Did anyone think we would be in this predicament a few weeks back when we were 5-0??

Would be pretty embarrassing to start 5-0 and miss the postseason.

Even worse would be if they failed to even get over .500

As far as blame goes i think its equal between Vrabel and JRob. Both have made some mistakes that have put the team where they are at the moment.

I agree. Idk who’s ultimately calling the shots, like letting Joseph keep playing, letting bad kickers stay but if it’s vrabel and we miss the playoffs his job should be in jeopardy 

Yeah before this season i was very high on JRob and one of his biggest supporters. 

Not anymore.

However he and Vrabel both have basically took what could've easily been a championship caliber team and managed to somehow screw it all up.

The defense,special teams,kicking and even the offense. Every unit now has its issues it seems.

Before the season started the worst thing most of us wondered about was the kicking game and if they would find a stable kicker.

The best case scenario is they somehow managed to get the defense back to respectability in the middle of the pack while the offense finally starts racking up enough points to win. The worst case scenario is Vrabel digs in and refuses to change anything and the defense continues to go backward and the team implodes.

Surely Vrabel isn't an idiot and sees what the hell is going on with the defense. I'm beginning to think that not hiring a defensive coordinator and the hiring of Anthony Midget were two very big mistakes.....

14 hours ago, MarcusMariota said:

We arent making playoffs and if we do well bounce out quick. This team is imploding 

You can talk this shit all you want. They're not going to bench Carr after he's led ya'll to 6-3. Dream on, Steven Tyler.

15 hours ago, MIKE75 said:

So that leaves 5 playoff spots remaining ,at least one spot will go to the AFC East and another spot for the AFC South division winners.

Plus another spot for the AFC North runner-up, the Ravens, who are basically a lock for the #5 seed.

So in essence there are only two spots remaining for the East runner-up (Miami/Bills), the South runner-up (Titans/Colts), the Browns, and the Raiders.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

Touched The Tard, the curse of football coaches and CEO’s everywhere. “As long as I have an internet connection and message boards exist, YOU’RE FUCKED!” HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

51 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Plus another spot for the AFC North runner-up, the Ravens, who are basically a lock for the #5 seed.

So in essence there are only two spots remaining for the East runner-up (Miami/Bills), the South runner-up (Titans/Colts), the Browns, and the Raiders.

I think the main culprit more than special teams,kicking,offensive stagnating,bad draft,etc. is the defense.

The letting go of a lot of vet leadership like Casey,Woodyard,Ryan along with changing schemes and not hiring a defensive coordinator has mostly gotten us where we are now.

Vrabel better check his ego and realize when things need to be overhauled or he will eventually be gone.

Now dont get me wrong i like Vrabel i just wish he would hire a defensive coordinator in the future.

18 hours ago, Justafan said:

There is no need to be upset 

21 hours ago, ctm said:

The raiders game this Sunday against the chiefs was omitted from the OP.

Another problem for the Titans....only 2 of the remaining 7 games are at home.

Our path to the playoffs is clearly one of the most difficult of all the teams above. Baltimore's schedule looks like one of the easier paths. The Bengals game was a real shot to the gut of our playoff hopes as the Colts was as well. If we can beat them in Indy we'll get a reprieve and be back in the divisional race. A wild card is going to be a rough path.

Edited by freakingeek