Titans And The Schedule Remaining (Playoff Race)

MIKE75

On 11/17/2020 at 7:29 AM, MarcusMariota said:

We arent making playoffs and if we do well bounce out quick. This team is imploding 

I hope when you die and get to the pearly gates that Iz bitch slaps your ass to hell where you are forced to cultivate the pineapples that the devil shoves up Hitler's ass. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the perfect example of someone who doesn’t understand pro football. 

If you don't want me to ignore you, get off your ALT account, discuss like an adult, and move past the over emotional responses.  

Watching something is not the same as understanding something.  I could watch a car be assembled and still have no fucking clue how it works.  

Posted Images

On 11/17/2020 at 12:53 PM, ctm said:

The raiders game this Sunday against the chiefs was omitted from the OP.

Another problem for the Titans....only 2 of the remaining 7 games are at home.

The scheduling for the Titans has been awful if that’s correct. Indy Baltimore Indy. Now 5 out of 7 games on the road? That’s pretty ridiculous. 

35 minutes ago, Number9 said:

The scheduling for the Titans has been awful if that’s correct. Indy Baltimore Indy. Now 5 out of 7 games on the road? That’s pretty ridiculous. 

It does suck to end with such a difficult stretch, but the flipside of that is that of the first 9 games, the Titans were at home for 6 of them.  

So, had it been more equal distribution, the Titans might not have gotten off to the hot start.

They are 2-1 on the road, and 4-2 on the road.  Exactly the same winning percentage.

Assuming that the Titans lose to the Ravens, that should give them a hyper focused effort to face the Colts.

Assuming the Colts win against the Packers and the Titans lose against the Ravens.  (not saying this happens, just going with worst case scenario)

The Titans can pull even in Indy.

Then, the Colts have the Texans-W, the Raiders....???, the Texans-W, the Steelers- Loss, Jags-W.  So, that should put them at  10-6 or 11-5.

Titans have  Cleveland....???? , Jags- W, Lions-W, Packers-L, Texans- W.  So, the  Titans will end up 10-6 or 11-5.  As long as the Titans end up tied with the Colts, assuming they win the next match up and don't lose any AFC South games, then they will win the division.

I think this is a race down the wire.   About the only time I will be pulling for the Colts is against the Steelers.

AFC Playoff Race.....After Week 11

Bills 7-3  (3)

Nov. 29: vs. Los Angeles Chargers, 1 p.m., CBS

Dec. 7: at San Francisco 49ers, 8:15 p.m., ESPN

Dec. 13: vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:20 p.m., NBC

Dec. 20: at Denver Broncos, CBS

Dec. 28: at New England Patriots, 8:15 p.m., ESPN

Jan. 3: vs. Miami Dolphins, 1 p.m., CBS

Colts 7-3  (4)

Nov. 29: vs. Tennessee Titans, 1 p.m., CBS

Dec. 6: at Houston Texans, 1 p.m., CBS

Dec. 13: at Las Vegas Raiders, 4:05 p.m., CBS

Dec. 20: vs. Houston Texans, 1 p.m., CBS

Dec. 27: at Pittsburgh Steelers, 1 p.m., CBS

Jan. 3: vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, 1 p.m., CBS

Titans 7-3   (5)

Nov. 29: at Indianapolis Colts, 1 p.m., CBS

Dec. 6: vs. Cleveland Browns, 1 p.m., CBS

Dec. 13: at Jacksonville Jaguars, 1 p.m., CBS

Dec. 20: vs. Detroit Lions, 1 p.m., FOX

Dec. 27: at Green Bay Packers, 8:20 p.m., NBC

Jan. 3: at Houston Texans, 1 p.m., CBS

Browns 7-3   (6)

Nov. 29: at Jacksonville Jaguars, 1 p.m., CBS

Dec. 6: at Tennessee Titans, 1 p.m., CBS

Dec. 14: vs. Baltimore Ravens, 8:15 p.m., ESPN

Dec. 20: at New York Giants, 1 p.m., CBS

Dec. 27: at New York Jets, 1 p.m. CBS

Jan. 3: vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 1 p.m., CBS

Raiders 6-4    (7)

Nov. 29: at Atlanta Falcons, 1 p.m., CBS

Dec. 6: at New York Jets, 1 p.m., CBS

Dec. 13: vs. Indianapolis Colts, 4:05 p.m., CBS

Dec. 17: vs. Los Angeles Chargers, 8:20 p.m., Fox, NFL Network

Dec. 27: vs. Miami Dolphins, 1 p.m., CBS

Jan. 3: at Denver Broncos, 4:25 p.m., CBS

---------------------------------------------------------------------

OUTSIDE LOOKING IN

Ravens 6-4    (8)

Nov. 26: at Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:20 p.m., NBC

Dec. 3: vs. Dallas Cowboys, 8:20 p.m., Fox/NFL Network

Dec. 14: at Cleveland Browns, 8:15 p.m., ESPN

Dec. 20: vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, 1 p.m., CBS

Dec. 27: vs. New York Giants, 1 p.m., Fox

Jan. 3: at Cincinnati Bengals, 1 p.m., CBS 

Dolphins 6-4    (9)

Nov. 29: at New York Jets, 1 p.m., CBS

Dec. 6: vs. Cincinnati Bengals, 1 p.m., CBS

Dec. 13: vs. Kansas City Chiefs, 1 p.m., CBS

Dec. 20: vs. New England Patriots, 1 p.m., CBS

Dec. 27: at Las Vegas Raiders, 1 p.m., CBS

Jan. 3: at Buffalo Bills, 1 p.m., CBS

3 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Even if/when the Ravens lose on Thanksgiving night and fall to 6-5, they could easily finish the season at 11-5, or probably 10-6 at worst.

Yep the lucky bastards play Jax,Cincy,NY Giants,Dallas all among the very worst teams

Pitt and Cleveland the only tougher games left.

Edited by MIKE75

5 hours ago, MIKE75 said:

Yep the lucky bastards play Jax,Cincy,NY Giants,Dallas all among the very worst teams

Pitt and Cleveland the only tougher games left.

Hey MikeTard, how are the kids doing? Do they know Pop is up in the middle of the night posting retard babble on message boards again?

On 11/17/2020 at 3:51 PM, MIKE75 said:

Did anyone think we would be in this predicament a few weeks back when we were 5-0??

Would be pretty embarrassing to start 5-0 and miss the postseason.

Even worse would be if they failed to even get over .500

As far as blame goes i think its equal between Vrabel and JRob. Both have made some mistakes that have put the team where they are at the moment.

Made mistakes to put the team at 7-3?

3 hours ago, japan said:

This is the perfect example of someone who doesn’t understand pro football. 

Just a knee jerk reaction to the last few weeks and being critical of some of the decisions being made. We've all done it before at one time or another.

As far as someone who doesn't understand pro football i've been watching pro football since 1985 as a ten year old over 35 years ago a very long time ago.

You,Old School and Irish all you guys are a joke.

Really man you guys spend way too much time trying to be cool but you are trying way too hard....

Edited by MIKE75

12 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

Just a knee jerk reaction to the last few weeks and being critical of some of the decisions being made. We've all done it before at one time or another.

As far as someone who doesn't understand pro football i've been watching pro football since 1985 as a ten year old over 35 years ago a very long time ago.

You,Old School and Irish all you guys are a joke.

Really man you guys spend way too much time trying to be cool but you are trying way too hard....

Watching something is not the same as understanding something.  I could watch a car be assembled and still have no fucking clue how it works.  

4 hours ago, cshumak2 said:

I don't know whether or not to say this because I come off looking like a dick BUT if you even spend a moderate amount of time of this site, with all the content and analysis/breakdowns here you should (in theory) become a better football fan and understand and appreciate the game more and it's nuances.  I know I have.  I'll even point out a play from the last game:  the TD pass to Andrews in the red zone in the 3rd(?) quarter.  When I first saw it, I thought that Hooker screwed up. Someone in the game thread mentioned it was Butler's fault.  So I went back and rewatched that specific play and Butler was in fact responsible for that area of the field (he cheated inside towards the hash marks/slot reciever for some reason) and Hooker did nothing wrong on that play.

2 minutes ago, rns90 said:

I don't know whether or not to say this because I come off looking like a dick BUT if you even spend a moderate amount of time of this site, with all the content and analysis/breakdowns here you should (in theory) become a better football fan and understand and appreciate the game more and it's nuances.  I know I have.  I'll even point out a play from the last game:  the TD pass to Andrews in the red zone in the 3rd(?) quarter.  When I first saw it, I thought that Hooker screwed up. Someone in the game thread mentioned it was Butler's fault.  So I went back and rewatched that specific play and Butler was in fact responsible for that area of the field (he cheated inside towards the hash marks/slot reciever for some reason) and Hooker did nothing wrong on that play.

I agree.....but you have to come to this site with an understanding that you don't necessarily know everything....and not think that just because you have watched football for 35 years that you know everything.  

13 hours ago, cshumak2 said:

I agree.....but you have to come to this site with an understanding that you don't necessarily know everything....and not think that just because you have watched football for 35 years that you know everything.  

I never said i know everything. The way it was worded toward me he said i didn't understand a thing about pro football. Sure i am not a know it all or a person who thinks they have all the answers.

Anyway it was said i don't understand pro football. Sure i'm not saying i'm the Einstein of X's and O's but i do know a good bit.