3 minutes ago, Number9 said:

When he came we didn't expect him to get sacks.  The team is already missing starters and key players.  I won't even go into my list that includes Logan Ryan and Cabrera.  The team the Titans field tomorrow is no where near as talented as they were the last trip to Baltimore. When you say they will not miss Clowney, it sounds funny.  But Clowney play is not why the defense is playing poorly and I expect worse without him.  jmo.

Small correction, some of us knew he would not get us many sacks. His value was in setting the edge deflecting balls and pressure. Most of the forum were acting like we were trying to sign Reggie white. It was nonsense. 

39 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Small correction, some of us knew he would not get us many sacks. His value was in setting the edge deflecting balls and pressure. Most of the forum were acting like we were trying to sign Reggie white. It was nonsense. 

Hardly anyone thought that.

6 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Hardly anyone thought that.

Haof this place was pounding the table so hard for him they were willing to pay him like 18-20mil. I won't waste my time to go back and look but there were dozens of people saying he would fix all our pass rush problems.

1 hour ago, Callidus said:

Vaccaro was good the first few weeks but has looked like crap after that. I am with you 2. I also want to see if they will play closer to the line and drop Byard back deep where he belongs with hooked being able to cover the shorter stuff. 

I actually think we will continue to see Byard up in the box more. Hooker hasn’t played up near the box at all really. He’s mainly been the deep safety most plays that he had. They’ll probably man Byard up some on the TE.

31 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

I actually think we will continue to see Byard up in the box more. Hooker hasn’t played up near the box at all really. He’s mainly been the deep safety most plays that he had. They’ll probably man Byard up some on the TE.

I hope not he is average at best at it. Even if he is the best we have at the moment to play that role he would be way more valuable in centre feild. 

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

When he came we didn't expect him to get sacks.  The team is already missing starters and key players.  I won't even go into my list that includes Logan Ryan and Cabrera.  The team the Titans field tomorrow is no where near as talented as they were the last trip to Baltimore. When you say they will not miss Clowney, it sounds funny.  But Clowney play is not why the defense is playing poorly and I expect worse without him.  jmo.

We didn’t bring him in to get sacks, no.  But the expectation was that he was a disrupter who would demand attention and let other rushers take advantage of 1-1.

He is not commanding attention.

And our edge talent level is not strong enough to take advantage of 1-1 anyway.

And you are right, this defense is less talented than last year, even before injuries.

But without Clowney, I think it forces our stubborn staff to scheme differently and be more aggressive.
We are going to put Evans on the edge tomorrow and rotate rushers more.

It’s the best chance we have on the season as a whole.

Edited by 2ToneTerror