Ravens Week Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

The season has been completely derailed by injuries. Very unfortunate, but it happens. 

Once Lewan went down, the wind was mostly out of my sails with regard to a Super Bowl, and it's completely out now.

I'll still watch, but this is a 9-7, 8-8 team now and they're going nowhere.

The two most frustrating aspects are that we were ready for a run and it ain't happening this year, and, two, I despise Vrabel's Belichick-esque refusal to be honest about injuries. I get it, but I hate it. 

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evans/Brown/Long have all regressed since Haslett took over the ILB group this season.

Calias just got back to me.  He said, after consulting with his pal Earl Thomas....he's decided to rest his leg another week.

It crazy how similar our message boards are with where our teams are trending.   If Brandon Williams and Calias are out, I don't see Ravens having a shot, unless you guys want to pull a GRoman move an

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

Will have Skipper and Evans in rotation outside. 

The bigger concern is the OL. 

With Williams and Campbell out, we’ll need to pound the football. 

Yeah, the Clowney thing isn't as big a deal since they have people there to replace him at least from a pass rushing standpoint.  He really should have gotten the surgery during the Bears week though.  Vaccaro hasn't been playing well, so Hooker may be an improvement.

The OL with Douglas and a hobbled Jones scares me against that Baltimore front and defense.

Let’s be honest, Clowney isn’t a huge loss.

I think the call ups and Evans on edge will cover that.

Vaccarro hasn’t been lighting it up either.  I don’t see a huge drop off with our depth.

Net Zero.

No Saffold, no Adoree (still), hobbled Ben Jones.  That’s the pain.

1 hour ago, rns90 said:

The OL with Douglas and a hobbled Jones scares me against that Baltimore front and defense.

The Baltimore beat reporter said earlier in the week on 104.5 that he didn't expect Calais Campbell or Brandon Williams to play this week. Be our good luck if that holds true, but they always seem to have capable backups.

1 hour ago, 2ToneTerror said:

Let’s be honest, Clowney isn’t a huge loss.

I think the call ups and Evans on edge will cover that.

Vaccarro hasn’t been lighting it up either.  I don’t see a huge drop off with our depth.

Net Zero.

No Saffold, no Adoree (still), hobbled Ben Jones.  That’s the pain.

Agree. I am actually excited to see Hooker to start opposite Byard at safety. He has instincts, and is more athletic than Vaccaro and will offer more range in the secondary but the jury is out on his run stopping abilities in my opinion. 

29 minutes ago, Number9 said:

You can't handle the truth.

25 minutes ago, kyle021 said:

Agree. I am actually excited to see Hooker to start opposite Byard at safety. He has instincts, and is more athletic than Vaccaro and will offer more range in the secondary but the jury is out on his run stopping abilities in my opinion. 

Vaccaro was good the first few weeks but has looked like crap after that. I am with you 2. I also want to see if they will play closer to the line and drop Byard back deep where he belongs with hooked being able to cover the shorter stuff. 

10 minutes ago, 2ToneTerror said:

If you are insinuating that his absence is a loss...

On our current 1-3 stretch the only game we won was when he sat.

And we got sacks.

When he came we didn't expect him to get sacks.  The team is already missing starters and key players.  I won't even go into my list that includes Logan Ryan and Cabrera.  The team the Titans field tomorrow is no where near as talented as they were the last trip to Baltimore. When you say they will not miss Clowney, it sounds funny.  But Clowney play is not why the defense is playing poorly and I expect worse without him.  jmo.

3 minutes ago, Number9 said:

When he came we didn't expect him to get sacks.  The team is already missing starters and key players.  I won't even go into my list that includes Logan Ryan and Cabrera.  The team the Titans field tomorrow is no where near as talented as they were the last trip to Baltimore. When you say they will not miss Clowney, it sounds funny.  But Clowney play is not why the defense is playing poorly and I expect worse without him.  jmo.

Small correction, some of us knew he would not get us many sacks. His value was in setting the edge deflecting balls and pressure. Most of the forum were acting like we were trying to sign Reggie white. It was nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Hardly anyone thought that.

Haof this place was pounding the table so hard for him they were willing to pay him like 18-20mil. I won't waste my time to go back and look but there were dozens of people saying he would fix all our pass rush problems.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic