Ravens Week Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

4 hours ago, titaninpgh said:

The mental state of Titans fans is exemplified by fans finding hope in a position switch for a 1st round pick ILB who couldn't cut it at the EDGE position in college.

Shit is pretty dire.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evans/Brown/Long have all regressed since Haslett took over the ILB group this season.

Calias just got back to me.  He said, after consulting with his pal Earl Thomas....he's decided to rest his leg another week.

It crazy how similar our message boards are with where our teams are trending.   If Brandon Williams and Calias are out, I don't see Ravens having a shot, unless you guys want to pull a GRoman move an

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, tgo said:

Lol! The media is all playing game with us now. In all seriousness, they need to find a way to put players in their best possible positions to succeed. Evans clearly lacks something in the middle. He can’t diagnose plays and is seemingly guessing and creating more issues for the rest of his teammates. A move out to EDGE would at least put him in position to use those skills that he does have.

I wish I could get excited about an Evans move to edge but, I don't think he'll be a particularly good one. I think we may be fucked on this one boys. We'll surely let him walk and then replace him with an Avery Williamson type who at least won't be a total liability in the middle.

24 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I wish I could get excited about an Evans move to edge but, I don't think he'll be a particularly good one. I think we may be fucked on this one boys. We'll surely let him walk and then replace him with an Avery Williamson type who at least won't be a total liability in the middle.

It wouldn't surprise me if Evans flourished in a more aggressive/attacking defense like the Ravens. I continue to think he was a horrible fit for how Vrabel and Pees want to play defense.

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Evans flourished in a more aggressive/attacking defense like the Ravens. I continue to think he was a horrible fit for how Vrabel and Pees want to play defense.

He really is a good fit for the SAM backer in base, the strong side DE in nickel, and he can float between positions in the rest of our sets. 

29 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

My thoughts as well, but I do hold out some hope that he could perform on the edge. We will see I suppose. 

31 minutes ago, tgo said:

My thoughts as well, but I do hold out some hope that he could perform on the edge. We will see I suppose. 

He would definitely have to put on some weight if he’s still playing around 235. He has the strength and ability to shed in spades. Cut down his reads and I think he’s money. 

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

If you go back and watch the Clemson Championship his Sophomore year he was an absolute monster in that role. He wasn’t ever a starter there because he had NFL pedigree players in front of him and was needed as an ILB. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic