Ravens Week Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evans/Brown/Long have all regressed since Haslett took over the ILB group this season.

Calias just got back to me.  He said, after consulting with his pal Earl Thomas....he's decided to rest his leg another week.

It crazy how similar our message boards are with where our teams are trending.   If Brandon Williams and Calias are out, I don't see Ravens having a shot, unless you guys want to pull a GRoman move an

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, Ratbird said:

Ravens Defense is ranked in the top 5 (top 2 before last week).   Widely regarded as having the best dbacks in the NFL.  You said that the Ravens defense fell off after we acquired Peters?  I'm not saying you or Cheifs fans arent happy to move on from him.  But Ravens improved after we acquired him.  You have no reason to care bc your teams offense is playing at a different level and it doesnt matter than your secondary stinks.

I'm not overally worried about Peters tackling as when Henry gets to him he's already gained 10 yards.  I'm more worried that our we lost our top run stuffer in bwill last game.   The guy we brought in, Calias, to help stop Henry has been out and might be out for the game that we brought him in for.   

The Chiefs secondary is better without Peters.  Chiefs and Ravens are neck and neck in passing defense.  Chiefs have allowed 1941 yards.  Ravens one place higher at 1920.

Chiefs have allowed 11 passing TD's.  The Ravens have allowed 12.

Chiefs have 9 interceptions.  Ravens have 4.

Chiefs have allowed a 62.3% completion percentage.  Ravens have allowed 64.1%.

The Chiefs secondary doesn't stink at all.  It is on par with the Ravens, if not better.  And, that is with the Chiefs having the most net points in the NFL meaning that they are routinely destroying teams and opponents have to throw the ball more.

13 minutes ago, dcblanton said:

The Chiefs secondary is better without Peters.  Chiefs and Ravens are neck and neck in passing defense.  Chiefs have allowed 1941 yards.  Ravens one place higher at 1920.

Chiefs have allowed 11 passing TD's.  The Ravens have allowed 12.

Chiefs have 9 interceptions.  Ravens have 4.

Chiefs have allowed a 62.3% completion percentage.  Ravens have allowed 64.1%.

The Chiefs secondary doesn't stink at all.  It is on par with the Ravens, if not better.  And, that is with the Chiefs having the most net points in the NFL meaning that they are routinely destroying teams and opponents have to throw the ball more.

Want to make a seperate thread so we can discuss this further?  On the Titans board of course.  ?

Edited by Ratbird

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

First off I'm not advocating Haselt take over the defense. My point is that Bowen sucks and never should have been elevated. the entire defense aside from Simmons and Butler have regressed. Secondly, the 3rd down defense is still historically bad, even if a little better after playing the putrid Bears offense 2 weeks ago. There is no fix for this defense, we have 9 games of evidence. It is what it is at this point. 

I'm not sure if Bowen flat out sucks or if it's an experience thing. The defense has probably been complicated by Vrabel even more since Pees left. The issue with highly complicated shit inherently is that in order to explain it, you have to know it at a mastermind level. Bowen isn't there yet, but it's still possible that he improves. 

I'm not holding my breath on that, but it will be interesting to see if the defense gets its shit together before the end of the year and things start looking up. That would be a promising sign that both Bowen is learning and adapting and that the defensive players are gelling in the (kind of) new scheme. 

Edited by tgo

10 minutes ago, Ratbird said:

Want to make a seperate thread so we can discuss this further?  On the Titans board of course.  ?

If you really want to see my opinion of Marcus Peters, you should check out my post on the MMQB Tannehill post.  Someone in there had tweets about how Peters could becoming a problem in Baltimore.  (I posted this before I saw that).

I like this board a little better than most Chiefs' boards because they seem to be a pretty level headed group.  As you can imagine, KC boards are super homerific.  I'd rather talk to fans of other teams.

14 minutes ago, dcblanton said:

If you really want to see my opinion of Marcus Peters, you should check out my post on the MMQB Tannehill post.  Someone in there had tweets about how Peters could becoming a problem in Baltimore.  (I posted this before I saw that).

I like this board a little better than most Chiefs' boards because they seem to be Psychopaths.  As you can imagine, KC boards are super homerific.  I'd rather talk to fans of other teams.

Fixed that for you

10 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I vote to keep Ratbird around and trade him for the Chiefs gobbler. 

Hey Touched, you can’t even now make a tard video without your idiotic babble being written down in front of you? What the fuck is up with that? You need to let your tardism’s flow freely.

22 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Marcus Peters is an overrated blowhard. His teammates in secondary cover for his freelancing a lot, same everywhere else he's been. 

I get the take of "he's just a risk taker" but all he's done since being in Baltimore is make plays..... So i guess he'll just need to prove me wrong.  He single handily won the Colts game for us.   Dude has SEVEN takeaways this year.  

Edited by Ratbird

• Jonboy unpinned this topic