23 minutes ago, japan said:

Good chance we don’t win another game... these other teams are too good. 

That's totally what I said.... try to keep up. We are talking about the remaining good teams on the schedule. 

11 minutes ago, tgo said:

Agreed - the hand-wringing is over the top.

The defense will likely improve. Maybe we won’t be a top 10 defense but it will get better as the season goes on and we get Adoree back and the team gels under the new defense. 

The problem with this theory is that its based on the Colts game and nothing else. The team is 1-3 in the last 4 and lost to the Bengals during that stretch. That's why fans are pessimistic. We have seen this horrible coordinated defense for 9 games. Jackson isn't going to fix it.  

9 minutes ago, japan said:

What personnel are we missing on defense? If the scheme doesn’t work without Jackson than the scheme needs to be re-examined. 

Let’s start with the D-line and OLB

We have Simmons.

Who else?

Seriously..Who else?

Our free agency pick ups to address this? Beasley, Clowney.
Disasters.

We have no pass rush.  
It starts there.

ILB

i don’t know what’s going on with Evens this year.  I really don’t.

J.Brown has been a little off but still a good player.

Our corners?

Adoree hasn’t sniffed the field.

Butler is a decent #2 but can’t carry a secondary.

FA Joseph?  Probably lost us 2 games on his own before being cut.

Fulton? Too green and can’t stay healthy. Can’t contribute.

Chris Jackson?  Shouldn’t even being playing yet.  Really can’t contribute.

Only saving grace might be the late pick up of King.

Can’t sustain a rush...secondary can’t hold man coverage while opposing QB builds a summer home in the backfield then completes a 15 yard 3rd down pass.

rinse and repeat.

We do not have the personnel to play bend-don’t-break.  We don’t get the stops.

And we generally don’t create turn overs.  Not as much as we need to.

Our decent TO ratio is a bit of a mirage.  Take away the atrocious picks that Josh Allen and Big Ben gifted us unabated (that’s what, 5 Turn overs right there).

I will say the staff appears to be trying to adjust by putting more blitz packages in and we are actually getting to the QB more the past 2 games but not enough.  And this is not the coaching staff to run an aggressive defense.  The Steelers we are not.

6 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The problem with this theory is that its based on the Colts game and nothing else. The team is 1-3 in the last 4 and lost to the Bengals during that stretch. That's why fans are pessimistic. We have seen this horrible coordinated defense for 9 games. Jackson isn't going to fix it.  

I know Jackson won’t be a cure all by any means, but as I said - I think the issues are clearly communication issues with the new defense (it keeps being referenced by Vrabel and players) which will improve. Now maybe that is on the coaching staff not teaching it well enough or over complicating the scheme as I mentioned in the other post. But what Jackson does is allow you to play closer on the receivers and eliminate some of the pitch and catch in under 2 seconds stuff (I hope). 

I’m not a fan of Midget so far btw, although I liked the hire initially. 

Edited by tgo

14 minutes ago, tgo said:

I know Jackson won’t be a cure all by any means, but as I said - I think the issues are clearly communication issues with the new defense

Borders and King have already helped some of the previous problems. 

The biggest problem is tackling and whatever is wrong with the middle of the 2nd and 3rd levels with Evans/Brown and Byard

38 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Good/Great teams don't consistently play down to their competition as much as the Titans do.

Maybe we aren't a great team, but will play into a great team over the remaining games.

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

Borders and King have already helped some of the previous problems. 

The biggest problem is tackling and whatever is wrong with the middle of the 2nd and 3rd levels with Evans/Brown and Byard

Yeah, communication - which stands to reason will improve over time. Hopefully they work on tackling too. 

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yeah, communication - which stands to reason will improve over time. Hopefully they work on tackling too. 

If Vrabel won't let the starters do live tackling during training camp he certainly isn't working on it during the season.

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

If Vrabel won't let the starters do live tackling during training camp he certainly isn't working on it during the season.

He did mention in his last presser that (basically) they need to look at increasing practice tempo and intensity.