Winston starting for a SB contending team

Mariota 3rd string behind Nathan Peterman

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Winston starting for a SB contending team

Mariota 3rd string behind Nathan Peterman

The last time that Mariota actually had a decent season a friend and I had a bet against Mariota vs Winston.  After collected on a $500 steak dinner, it became clear that Winston is the better of the two....  Now he wants some money back....it's all about timing

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Doing everything possible to make sure they get that #1 pick in the 2021 draft.

Desir has been pretty awful though so it's kind of justified.  Since Borders has been playing well and Fulton should come off IR at some point, we have no need to claim Desir.

10 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Desir has been pretty awful though so it's kind of justified.  Since Borders has been playing well and Fulton should come off IR at some point, we have no need to claim Desir.

Our corners are playing pretty well right now, it's the linebackers and safeties killing us right now.

2 hours ago, Guts said:

Our corners are playing pretty well right now, it's the linebackers and safeties killing us right now.

Yup getting rid of Joseph and putting Smith on IR is literally all we needed to do. Butler and Borders seem settled in. King is probably still adjusting and getting a good grasp, but the middle of the defense is the most disappointing. That is where we should be our strongest but Evans, Brown, Vaccaro, and Byard have been bad this year. Whether that is run fills by all of them or dropping into zone and not finding receivers or the ball. Something that I have really started to hate is how Vaccaro and Byard try and disguise their coverages and simultaneously take themselves out of the play by trying to “trick” the QB. They are taking the easy completion all day. 

Shoot when is the last time we really allowed a WR to just simply run down the field for a long gain without someone being there? Even the Jefferson long TD was more of broken tackles than anyone really getting beat deep.

I would totally sign him with the first round tender, he can play nickel at a very high level and could play outside on base downs with Fulton out. Or Adoree could kick into nickel - either way. 

Unless Desmond King is awesome and warrants re-signing, but he has limitations and we may be able to get a low end comp pick for him if he leaves. 

King can probably be good, but a much lower ceiling and is a zone guy with limited top end speed. 

I think we will probably draft a corner high again anyway, so why not give up a late first for a young ascending player? You know New England wouldn't match us. 

Edited by tgo

1 hour ago, tgo said:

I would totally sign him with the first round tender, he can play nickel at a very high level and could play outside on base downs with Fulton out. Or Adoree could kick into nickel - either way. 

Unless Desmond King is awesome and warrants re-signing, but he has limitations and we may be able to get a low end comp pick for him if he leaves. 

King can probably be good, but a much lower ceiling and is a zone guy with limited top end speed. 

I think we will probably draft a corner high again anyway, so why not give up a late first for a young ascending player? You know New England wouldn't match us. 

Saw this earlier this morning and was thinking the same thing as well, but doesn’t NE project to have plenty of cap space (Spotrac says about $45M) to be able to match? Maybe I’m wrong but they don’t have any huge contracts anymore. 

I think it really depends how the CB group looks the rest of the way. We are going to have huge potential holes at EDGE, ILB, WR, and maybe OL depending on what happens with Saffold/Kelly/Wilson, where we can’t afford to lose/use a premium pick on a CB.

Edited by titanskick8851

8 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

Saw this earlier this morning and was thinking the same thing as well, but doesn’t NE project to have plenty of cap space (Spotrac says about $45M) to be able to match? Maybe I’m wrong but they don’t have any huge contracts anymore. 

I think it really depends how the CB group looks the rest of the way. We are going to have huge potential holes at EDGE, ILB, WR, and maybe OL depending on what happens with Saffold/Kelly/Wilson, where we can’t afford to lose/use a premium pick on a CB.

Hopefully the players see this and FA won't go to NE since they aren't locks for the AFCEast anymore.  No more winning, no more discounts.  Especially when you get shit on like this.