Texans seriously considering appointing Romeo Crennel as head coach for 2021

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Well Byard already re-did his deal. 

Lewan is probably next if we need to free up cap. 

But we can also cut Saffold or Humphries easily in addition to the other guys I mentioned. 

Trading Humphries to the Patriots should be a serious consideration this offseason everyone knows how desperate Belichick was to sign him in FA a couple of years ago also Edelman is older and more busted now.

Shipping Humphries would free up $7.25 million against the 2021 cap.

Don't think weakening the IOL is a smart approach that is one of the major strengths of this team right now.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol Texans, Easterby is currently acting as the GM after they fired O'Brien.    

The way this defense is trending he needs to change his defensive philosophy or he will be coaching his way out of a head coaching gig over the next couple of years, any defense that refuses to rotate

He’s also a team leader of sorts and could be key in bringing Isaiah Wilson along. 

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Trading Humphries to the Patriots should be a serious consideration this offseason everyone knows how desperate Belichick was to sign him in FA a couple of years ago also Edelman is older and more busted now.

Shipping Humphries would free up $7.25 million against the 2021 cap.

Don't think weakening the IOL is a smart approach that is one of the major strengths of this team right now.

Yeah good call if they wanted to unload Humphries, but I think his presence on third down is very underrated. 

Saffold is a good run blocker but an average to below average pass blocker imo. And he’s more starkly overpaid than Humphries. 

But yeah, it’s a hard call it you had to choose one. I’m not sure which I’d choose. I think a run blocking guard is more easily replaceable. 

7 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yeah good call if they wanted to unload Humphries, but I think his presence on third down is very underrated. 

Saffold is a good run blocker but an average to below average pass blocker imo. And he’s more starkly overpaid than Humphries. 

But yeah, it’s a hard call it you had to choose one. I’m not sure which I’d choose. I think a run blocking guard is more easily replaceable. 

Saffold has been much better in pass protection this year, after the Bengals game there were some pretty good NFL analysts calling him the best left guard in the NFL.

Knowing how JRob/Vrabel want to play offense Saffold is a very key piece to this team.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08
4 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Saffold has been much better in pass protection this year, after the Bengals game there were some pretty good NFL analysts calling him the best left guard in the NFL.

Knowing how JRob/Vrabel want to play offense Saffold is a very key piece to this team.

He’s also a team leader of sorts and could be key in bringing Isaiah Wilson along. 

Another random note on the defense - 

I know Beddingfield is full of shit a lot of the time, but occasionally he’ll offer an insightful tidbit which is why I keep reading his stuff (while sorting through the bias and lazy analysis at times). 

He recently said that it was obvious an attempt at disguising coverage backfired and the corner (cant remember which) faked himself out and it led to a big play due to player confusion. You have to wonder how often this happening. 

I said this when he was hired but Midget is more of a “mastermind” than Coombs,

Coombs was more of a straight up technique guy and a motivator like Washburn. You wonder if Midget is getting too cute with the coverages, I bet he was in part lured here by the opportunity to help coordinate and gameplan the pass defense, which is often customary with experienced secondary coaches in the NFL. 

It was also recently said that it is obvious that Byard is trying to do too much and obviously doesnt trust the corners behind him, and this is directly resulting in a drop off in play. 

12 minutes ago, tgo said:

It was also recently said that it is obvious that Byard is trying to do too much and obviously doesnt trust the corners behind him, and this is directly resulting in a drop off in play. 

This is certainly true.

18 hours ago, Guts said:

Crennel is older than Pees, Haslett has had his share of piss poor defenses over the years, and Patricia is proving hes just another BB cast off.

We need the guy from Vandy. Right before half Ky is threatening. Penalties get them into a 2nd and 26. So Vandy blitzes a corner. The QB shakes off the tackle and runs 27 yards for a 1st down and in scoring range. Brilliant!

15 hours ago, tgo said:

Another random note on the defense - 

I know Beddingfield is full of shit a lot of the time, but occasionally he’ll offer an insightful tidbit which is why I keep reading his stuff (while sorting through the bias and lazy analysis at times). 

He recently said that it was obvious an attempt at disguising coverage backfired and the corner (cant remember which) faked himself out and it led to a big play due to player confusion. You have to wonder how often this happening. 

I said this when he was hired but Midget is more of a “mastermind” than Coombs,

Coombs was more of a straight up technique guy and a motivator like Washburn. You wonder if Midget is getting too cute with the coverages, I bet he was in part lured here by the opportunity to help coordinate and gameplan the pass defense, which is often customary with experienced secondary coaches in the NFL. 

Midget, name please?