Texans seriously considering appointing Romeo Crennel as head coach for 2021

AussieTitanFan08

No idea what the Texans are thinking with reports suggesting Romeo Crennel has a real shot a being appointed head coach for 2021, under the Bill O'Brien regime they wasted Deshaun Watson on a rookie contract also traded away their short term future and now they are heading down the path of a short term head coach hire.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vrabel needs to get outside the Texans reject bin coaching hires.

The way this defense is trending he needs to change his defensive philosophy or he will be coaching his way out of a head coaching gig over the next couple of years, any defense that refuses to rotate

Things could look a lot different if you blow a 5-0 start and miss the playoffs largely based on defensive ineptitude.   I'm not saying Vrabel is in any danger right now but when you look at

2 minutes ago, Guts said:

I know Head Coaching jobs are hard to come by, but man the Texans situation is rough. 

They don't have their first and second round picks in the 2021 draft and are currently scheduled to be nearly $17 million over the cap for 2021, apart for Deshaun Watson they have absolutely nothing going for them as a franchise right now.

11 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

They don't have their first and second round picks in the 2021 draft and are currently scheduled to be nearly $17 million over the cap for 2021, apart for Deshaun Watson they have absolutely nothing going for them as a franchise right now.

Its a complete rebuild. Let Crennel weather the storm for a year, then hire your guy.

20 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

Hope not, he’s a candidate to be our DC

A lot of people are saying this and I get why, but ultimately has be really made that Texans defense any better? They’ve been bad the last few years. I struggle to see him coming in here and making our group better when he has struggled to do that there.

Edited by titanskick8851

4 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

A lot of people are saying this and I get why, but ultimately has be really made that Texans defense any better? They’ve been bad the last few years. I struggle to see him coming in here and making our group better when he has struggled to do that there.

Wouldn't we be better off considering Patricia after he gets canned from DET after the year?