Will you ever respect you Trumpist neighbors again?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Compare some of our peers' responses. Taiwan and South Korea are two places I interact with and they are 100-1000x less case rate per population even with higher population density and less capability

I think for me it has changed what I will tolerate.  When christians start their holier than thou bullshit I would let it go, but now I pretty adamantly don't think they believe anything except that a

There are all kinds, obviously a ton of idiots but at the same time a lot of just misinformed people who live in a right wing bubble. Plenty of racist too.    I've talked to plenty of friend

Posted Images

On 11/14/2020 at 10:19 AM, IsntLifeFunny said:

You all sound like some bitches except Loveya. Sheesh. As long as the person wasn’t outright racist or inflammatory about shit I won’t have a problem with them. 

Well this comment aged well.

After what happend at the Capitol you still respect your Trump neighbors? 

On 11/14/2020 at 12:46 PM, luvyablue256 said:

Call me a bitch too because I don't respect his voters either 

There isn't a single Trump supporter worthy of respect, simply because of their actions, their beliefs, their warped priorities, and their moral systems.

It's funny, though, because they so deeply care what other people think, and they so deeply want the respect that has been eluding them their entire lives.

I don't know why they engage in such self-defeating behavior, but honestly, I don't care.

Just watch them. They're victims of so much. They need to be coddled and told that they're respected and that everything will be all right.

I don't know how they lost their self-respect.

I  think we enjoy more wealth and freedom than any country in the world 🌍 that is similar size. I believe my happiness comes from within. We each get one life. If I am materially comfortable, then it’s up to me to have sense enough to seek joy. 

I don’t think never forgiving my neighbor for supporting Joe Biden is a very good way to find happiness and peace of mind. 

I don’t know if I said differently before since this is an old thread. I’m now ready to move on. 

Covid makes me lose respect faster than the Capitol riots.  I know they are right wing paramilitary wannabes.  I didn't realize Trumpets where also suicidal lemmings.

"Trump said cut your dick off for America!  Is a hot dog a sandwich now BITCH!"

8 hours ago, Number9 said:

I  think we enjoy more wealth and freedom than any country in the world 🌍 that is similar size. I believe my happiness comes from within. We each get one life. If I am materially comfortable, then it’s up to me to have sense enough to seek joy. 

I don’t think never forgiving my neighbor for supporting Joe Biden is a very good way to find happiness and peace of mind. 

I don’t know if I said differently before since this is an old thread. I’m now ready to move on. 

"Similar size." Many other countries enjoy more wealth and freedom than any other country in the world that is similar size to that country. China immediately springs to mind. Weird hedge.

Under any measure except for a few, the United States is not the best country in the world to live. Whether it is the "best" country shouldn't matter for a "real" American, but unfortunately too many "real" Americans feel the need to claim incorrectly that the United States is the "best" for one reason or another, thereby showing more about themselves than about the country in which they live.

My barber told me today that he had a client who is age 65, overweight and has diabetes who won't get vaccinated because she thinks it contains a micro-chip to track her.  She wasn't his only client with similar stupid beliefs.  He hears crazy stuff like that all the time.

How do you have respect for people who are too fucking stupid to get vaccinated and put the lives of the rest of us in jeopardy?  Seriously.....how do you?

On 5/4/2021 at 11:27 AM, wiscotitansfan said:

I used to think that the concept of this thread was absolutely ridiculous but it's truly amazing how proud these people are of flaunting their ignorance and stupidity to such an extreme level

I have come to the conclusion that actually seems pretty "duh" it is so obvious.   That conclusion is that these people stand for nothing. They do not care about anything in particular, instead they just want to fight and argue no matter the subject.    They are mostly low educated, whether they have degrees or not, antiestablishment types who have chips on their shoulders.  I truly think that they are driven completely by exercising that chip and yelling at anyone who will let them yell.  Yet as much as they claim it is about issues, they do not care about anything particular - they are just looking for trouble. 

They are deplorables without a cause.

Edited by 9 Nines

How long will they be neighbors??

I saw this in a Qanon support group reading on Reddit:

My sister is convinced she's text-dating Keanu Reeves, who won't meet her in person because he's a spy for Trump's Q-Army

I wrote about this once in Romance Scams at length, but the gist of it is I cannot convince her that she's talking to a scammer because I would first have to convince her all this Q stuff is just nonsense, and she's very entrenched in believing both. She has sent him at least 10K of her own money and immediately borrowed 10K from our mother claiming she was broke. My mother is 85 and has mild dementia, she believes anything my sister tells her. She was beyond excited to think my sister has a rich boyfriend. My mom favors her as the golden child, so I cannot convince her otherwise.

My sister also sent at least another 6K (that I know about) to the "Trump campaign" which I believe is just another scammer because those types of donations are public and I do not see her name associated with her zip code. More money lost she will never get back.

Yesterday she asked my mother for another 3K to help "Keanu" again with the cause, and my mother had the small bit of sense to call me and ask why her rich boyfriend keeps wanting money. I lost it and called my sister and told her she can make her own mistakes with this "Fake-anu Thieves" but I am NOT letting her take any more money from our mother. I will involved the police, lawyers and private detectives if I have to, this is the hill I am willing to die on.

Needless to say Mother's Day will be uncomfortable.