Long Week: Time for Changes

At the end of the season Vrabel needs to swallow his pride and appoint a real experienced DC and stop bringing in all these Texans rejects to the defensive coaching staff, we have seen enough of Vrabel/Bowen in their time together in Houston and now at the Titans to know that they can't coordinate an average defense let alone a good one.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the midst of a long week before the Ravens game, perfect time for the team to make some changes.   First, Auckerman needs to be fired. ST’s was a shitshow in 2019 and continues into this

Its Bowen with Vrabel having significant input.   The most important thing Vrabel needs to do this offseason is go back to a CEO type head coach and bring in a real DC and let him bring in h

If Vrabel is so insecure he can't take a step back to a far superior DC then maybe he isn't the answer as the long term coach of the Titans.

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I think Vrabel is far too stubborn to make the coaching changes necessary.

Do think we will see a new Kicker and Punter when we play in Baltimore.

Yeah, Vrabel expressed confidence in Auckerman (plus there are no better options on staff to replace him) and said they’re going to start holding guys accountable for what they do on ST

Kalu’s mistake allowed that blocked punt, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him cut. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Gostkowski cut. Daniel may get cut off the PS also.

I could see a player like Evans being benched, but as far as coaching or scheme changes on defense - that won’t happen. 

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

At the end of the season Vrabel needs to swallow his pride and appoint a real experienced DC and stop bringing in all these Texans rejects to the defensive coaching staff, we have seen enough of Vrabel/Bowen in their time together in Houston and now at the Titans to know that they can't coordinate an average defense let alone a good one.

Crennel please. 

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yeah, Vrabel expressed confidence in Auckerman (plus there are no better options on staff to replace him) and said they’re going to start holding guys accountable for what they do on ST

Kalu’s mistake allowed that blocked punt, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him cut. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Gostkowski cut. Daniel may get cut off the PS also.

I could see a player like Evans being benched, but as far as coaching or scheme changes on defense - that won’t happen. 

That was long 

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Its Bowen with Vrabel having significant input.

The most important thing Vrabel needs to do this offseason is go back to a CEO type head coach and bring in a real DC and let him bring in his own staff and get rid of all these Texans reject coaches.

That won’t happen in terms of getting rid of those coaches, imo. But I could see him ceding responsibility to Crennel who is a mentor. Anyone else? Eh, I dunno, highly doubtful. Maybe an outside chance he gives Haslett a shot. 

Edited by tgo