Just So Everybody is Clear on why we lost to the Colts.

Number9

33 minutes ago, Bluth said:

That absolutely set us back and changed the game. Why they let him start is beyond me. That said, what the hell happened to the play calling.  First drive was amazing. Dud after that. 

The play calling was fine, IMO. AJ was off and the Colts defense is legit. Tannehill had very tight windows to throw into and it doesn’t help when his receivers don’t come back to the ball.

I’m by no means letting Tannehill off the hook. His accuracy was a little off and that’s all it takes against a defense of that caliber. He has looked skittish in the pocket. You can tell he doesn’t trust his blind side to hold up for too long. 

3 minutes ago, gaskill15 said:

The play calling was fine, IMO. AJ was off and the Colts defense is legit. Tannehill had very tight windows to throw into and it doesn’t help when his receivers don’t come back to the ball.

I’m by no means letting Tannehill off the hook. His accuracy was a little off and that’s all it takes against a defense of that caliber. He has looked skittish in the pocket. You can tell he doesn’t trust his blind side to hold up for too long. 

He took some tough hits.  The defense is missing two guys.  Ryan and Adoree, we might get Adoree back.  I think that may be why the ILBs are not making the same amount of plays, especially Evans.  No way they can overcome the horrid kicking game.  They were playing the Colts even, holding a 4pt lead, then all hell broke loose.

27 minutes ago, Number9 said:

He took some tough hits.  The defense is missing two guys.  Ryan and Adoree, we might get Adoree back.  I think that may be why the ILBs are not making the same amount of plays, especially Evans.  No way they can overcome the horrid kicking game.  They were playing the Colts even, holding a 4pt lead, then all hell broke loose.

Did you mean Kern? We did not and will not miss Ryan. And if you meant Logan how can you miss what you didnt have?

43 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Did you mean Kern? We did not and will not miss Ryan. And if you meant Logan how can you miss what you didnt have?

I'm talking about the back end of the D.  Logan Ryan's presence is missed.  The corners are playing so bad I think it affecting the ILB, as well as the rest of the D.  We went from thinking we were stacked to this.

Go back and watch the last two weeks of punting.  Look at how many close calls (and then a block) there were in each game.  Blocking has been absolutely disastrous.  The ST Coordinator  and players needs to have his /their ass chewed for letting the blocking get this bad.  It’s inexcusable.  

We go into the half leading 17-13.  As much as everybody is shitting on the entire team and management, even the worse critic has to see it was a close game with the Titans having the advantage.  Yes, the Colts converted two 4th downs in their seven and a half minute drive to start the third quarter.  The defense stops the Colts on the one.  We were all jacked up watching the game.  This was a pivotal point in the game.  The Colts felt they had to get a TD to stay in the game and failed.  

The Titans get a first down and get the punter room to get off a good kick.  Yes, it would have been better to score here.  Watching the game, you think now the defense has to go back out there after just being on the field for seven and a half minutes.  Worse case scenario, we get off a booming punt and they have to go 60 yards to score.  The punter shanks the ball.  All the great work the D did stopping them goes out the damn window.

The D drags their tired asses back to the field and are supposed to stop a jacked up Colts offense.  They are sky high after the shank punt gave then a second chance from the 17 yard line.  The Colts score.  Score is 17-20.  Ok, it's not that bad.  The Titans have already scored two TDs, the game isn't over.  Put together a good drive, rest the D and get some points.  The offense comes out, incomplete pass, on 2nd 10 they do exactly what they do every time, hand the ball to Derrick and gain one yard, throw incomplete and prepare to punt the ball back to the Colts.  It's not going well, but it's a dogfight.  Everybody knew it would be.

The Titans line up to punt the ball into the Colts territory.  The energy levels have changed.  The jacked up Colts block the punt and score a TD.  Game Over.

Now, you can dice up the rest of the game and dump on the whole team, coaches, JRob, Miss Amy and the popcorn man-But that's how/when the Colts won.

15 hours ago, OilerTitanHybrid said:

The punter thought he was kicking a package onto a front porch and forgot it was a football, until it was too late.

The way he played...he will be going back to his job as a package deliverer very soon!

I haven't rewatched it, but it looked like he shanked the punt because it was about to be blocked had he hit it off the top of his foot.  At the very least the pressure caused him to rush it.  I don't think the punter should have started, but that ST blocking has been shitty since last week.  It's been rough on almost every punt.  I actually sent a friend a message last night asking just how much longer we would luck out without a block.  Then the next fucking punt...

Archived