Jump to content

Week 10: Colts @ Titans Game Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve been saying for weeks how awful our special teams has been.   Then they make a great move in signing the holder who’s most familiar with Gostkowski. He goes out, has a great game punting a

My God Tannehill deserved a long one on that throw 

🥰 Jonnu

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I’ve been saying for weeks how awful our special teams has been.
 

Then they make a great move in signing the holder who’s most familiar with Gostkowski. He goes out, has a great game punting and holding...and then they bench him?! 
 

Freaking unbelievable. 

My best friend lives across the street from Auckerman. I told him this is me tomorrow or I slash his tires next Sunday. 

 

image.png.12fb4ff6804e07532addabbae0de77b6.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

My best friend lives across the street from Auckerman. I told him this is me tomorrow or I slash his tires next Sunday. 

 

image.png.12fb4ff6804e07532addabbae0de77b6.png

After Bill Battle (former UT coach) lost to East Texas State at home someone pretending to be him sent a moving van to his home.

Edited by JoelinBellevue
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldschool said:

 

Its not just tonight.... its a pattern. Again Tannehill has missed some throws the past 3 weeks and the playmakers have dropped their share of balls as well. The offense looks to be pressing to me. Who can blame them with how terrible the defense is?

Tannehill has been off and no one really wants to address it head on. Instead we all find little things to pick at but the reality is he's not taking care of business like before. We all anointed him as elite and as I've heard a million times on this board, an elite QB covers up most flaws and carries you. He's not doing that and instead is a part of the problem right now. I'm not giving him a pass. Tonight it wasn't the scheme or the OC, it's was the QB and to a lesser extent the weapons. Special teams was horrendous too but the offense was the reason they were on the field so often in the first place. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Tannehill has been off and no one really wants to address it head on. Instead we all find little things to pick at but the reality is he's not taking care of business like before. We all anointed him as elite and as I've heard a million times on this board, an elite QB covers up most flaws and carries you. He's not doing that and instead is a part of the problem right now. I'm not giving him a pass. Tonight it wasn't the scheme or the OC, it's was the QB and to a lesser extent the weapons. Special teams was horrendous too but the offense was the reason they were on the field so often in the first place. 

Tannehill is tough.  Tannehill is gritty.  Tannehill is a good leader.  Tannehill can only be successful behind a great offensive line and a good running game.

 

Tannehill fits what the Titans want to do and can be a very efficient and successful QB.  He just has to be a cog in the machine, not responsible for making the machine go.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mythos, I can agree with your assessment of Tannehill, but disagree with you on the blame which should be directed to HC, OC, OL coach,, LB coach,, secondary coach, special teams coach ...., hell, all of them.  Unless Vrabel is overriding these coaches, then they too should hang their heads.

 

pro

Edited by prometheus
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Tannehill has been off and no one really wants to address it head on. Instead we all find little things to pick at but the reality is he's not taking care of business like before. We all anointed him as elite and as I've heard a million times on this board, an elite QB covers up most flaws and carries you. He's not doing that and instead is a part of the problem right now. I'm not giving him a pass. Tonight it wasn't the scheme or the OC, it's was the QB and to a lesser extent the weapons. Special teams was horrendous too but the offense was the reason they were on the field so often in the first place. 

Tanny is not the issue. He’s kept us in games. The guy is tough as nails and is going to get killed with this online. The offense is all on smith. He’s tripping over himself in play calling 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Tanny is not the issue. He’s kept us in games. The guy is tough as nails and is going to get killed with this online. The offense is all on smith. He’s tripping over himself in play calling 

He's running the ball on wrong plays for sure...

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I’ve been hard on Tannehill the last 2 weeks but he was great tonight. AJ had 2 awful drops. 
 

The only really bad play I recall from Tannehill is when he missed Jonnu. Outside the 1st drive, Arthur was pretty bad, imo. All the shuffling on the OL isn’t helping either. 

The naked bootleg on 3rd and 1 was awful. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The naked bootleg on 3rd and 1 was awful. The kicker just shanked a punt. You run the ball every time right there. Run shotgun and run the ball. If you’re going to pass don’t run a naked bootleg. That’s one of the worst situational calls I’ve seen in a while. 

The book is definitely out on our love for the PA rollouts. How many times the last few weeks has Tannehill immediately had to dodge pressure, throw immediately or take a sack coming out of the fake?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jonboy unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...