Media States That Clowney is a Massive Bust in Tennessee!!!

Johnson

3 minutes ago, SirLanceALot said:

Ok but what I’m saying is, before we signed him, we knew he wasn’t a sack artist. He’s a disruptor. 

That doesnt mean shit. What exactly did he do to Burrows? He missed sacks, Burrow began scrambling and making plays. This is a rookie that did this. He didnt disrupt anything. So what you are saying is Clowney is a >10mil yr guy who can sometimes disrupt when he whiffs on sacking them and if the QB is sensitive to almost being sacked. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know why anyone is surprised or disappointed with Clowney.     People got themselves worked into a frenzy this offseason like he was some sort of dominant game-wrecker a la Aaron Don

We knew going in that sacks weren’t Clowney’s strong suit. He’s still generating pressures and I believe he’s leading the league in win percentage without a sack. I blame our secondary for a lot of it

8 minutes ago, GOAT9 said:

That doesnt mean shit. What exactly did he do to Burrows? He missed sacks, Burrow began scrambling and making plays. This is a rookie that did this. He didnt disrupt anything. So what you are saying is Clowney is a >10mil yr guy who can sometimes disrupt when he whiffs on sacking them and if the QB is sensitive to almost being sacked. 

What I’m saying is he is a disruptor who allows the rest of the DLine to get sacks. He draws double teams to allow that. But if the secondary is letting guys get open in 3 seconds or less, it’s all for not anyway. Do I agree he should be paid what he’s getting? No. 

6 minutes ago, SirLanceALot said:

What I’m saying is he is a disruptor who allows the rest of the DLine to get sacks. He draws double teams to allow that. But if the secondary is letting guys get open in 3 seconds or less, it’s all for not anyway. Do I agree he should be paid what he’s getting? No. 

Idk if you are actually watching the games but the way it goes is Clowney beats everybody off the line, gets to the QB, then just completely misses. The rest of the defense is nowhere to be seen. Thats how it usually is. 

6 minutes ago, GOAT9 said:

Idk if you are actually watching the games but the way it goes is Clowney beats everybody off the line, gets to the QB, then just completely misses. The rest of the defense is nowhere to be seen. Thats how it usually is. 

Clowney draws double teams to allow one on ones. The fact that he’s beating double teams when the others aren’t winning one on ones is the sad part. 

3 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

Also..they had 4 linemen off the street!!

12 hours ago, nine said:

I don't know why anyone is surprised or disappointed with Clowney.  

People got themselves worked into a frenzy this offseason like he was some sort of dominant game-wrecker a la Aaron Donald .....but what we're seeing is the the exact same guy he's always been:   a good-but-not-great player who will make plays once in a while, but who also disappears for stretches and never quite lives up to his reputation.

The guy has been in the league for seven years.  Why anyone expected him to change now is beyond me.

It really is a pretty strange stat that we have two guys in the top 20 for QB hits with a combined 1 sack. That has to fall on the DBs. You only get one step to hit the QB after the ball is released, so it’s pretty obvious they’re damn close to putting up better numbers. 

Clowney also missed two sacks against Cinci. 

Bet if Adoree gets back and King can get up to speed u start seeing sum corner blitzes etc.I so expect more man so byard a vaccaroo

just worry about their jobs.I don’t think they been able to ginth it thing yet but 2nd half bet was a do 

16 minutes ago, JMoney420 said:

Bet if Adoree gets back and King can get up to speed u start seeing sum corner blitzes etc.I so expect more man so byard a vaccaroo

just worry about their jobs.I don’t think they been able to ginth it thing yet but 2nd half bet was a do 

Byard especially. They have asked him to play a crap ton of cb looks this year. It feels like 5-10 snaps a game he is not playing his centerfield roll. 

Thru 7 games in 2019

Tackles - 15

TFL - 3

Sacks - 1

Int - 1

FF - 1

QBH - 3

Thru 7 games in 2020

Tackles - 15

TFL - 3

Sacks - 0

Int - 0

FF - 1

QBH - 6

Statwise Clowney is almost exactly the same player as he was last season through 7 games.  He is who we thought he was.