Starkiller

2020 Presidential Election Thread

47 minutes ago, titanruss said:

So you are saying the estate transfer was over 11 million dollars. Because thats what the estate tax exemption used to be and it moved to 22 million for married couples.

That’s what I was thinking too.  I don’t know the actual number, but knew it was high.  Way higher than an “average Joe” would be receiving.  

And hey, I’m okay if @AvgJoe’s inheritance is in the millions.  That’s fine. But the “average Joe” nomenclature goes out the window.  

I mean, fuck, if I made a million bucks a year, I’d really not give a shit about being taxed at 30%.  It’s kind of laughable. 

5 hours ago, Titans279 said:

Trump’s experience in NYC real estate makes him pretty comfortable with making clear what he wants without explicitly saying it in these kinds of situations. I think he’ll probably be able to toe that line. 

Obviously what he’s doing is wrong but just saying he knows how to refrain from breaking those kinds of laws. 

I highly doubt Trump knows anything about election laws. And if he’s relying on a team of Giuliani, Ellis, and Powell to give him advice RE: election laws, oh boy. This is simply not something any old lawyer should be advising on. 

35 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

For the fact our process is based on norms and not law it has held up pretty well. I basically said the same thing yesterday as this guy. Just because it held up doesn’t mean serious flaws weren’t exposed and if left leaking could be exploited in the future. 

Any Republican with a brain turns the TV off when Rudy comes on TV or speaks. He’s a bad joke and is one of the worst people in the world. 

There are a lot of level headed Republicans and Trump voters sickened by this process and turned off by it. My personal opinion is that the nominee is someone else in 2024 with a good amount of candidates. Personally, there are 3 that are pretty certain and that I would support over Trump already. 

If Trump was to run in 2024 I would change my registration temporarily to Republican just to vote against him in the primary.  And I'd vote for whichever candidate was seen as having the best chance to beat him.  Doesn't matter who it is.

Edited by scine09

47 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

Any Republican with a brain turns the TV off when Rudy comes on TV or speaks. He’s a bad joke and is one of the worst people in the world. 

There are a lot of level headed Republicans and Trump voters sickened by this process and turned off by it. My personal opinion is that the nominee is someone else in 2024 with a good amount of candidates. Personally, there are 3 that are pretty certain and that I would support over Trump already. 

When Sidney Powell started talking about votes going to Germany, that's when it went off the rails. If they have proof of that it would be jail time for many people. Possible, yes. Probable, no.

As for the other points of over voting, provisional ballots, curing some ballots and not others, dead people voting, different signature validating, no signature validating,  etc, that needs to be looked into. Everyone should want to know the answer to that. Saying ballots were only marked for Biden and no down ticket should be easily verified. Running a ballot two or three times should be easily verified (i would imagine there is a unique code for each ballot) or just rerun the whole batch.

While I would much rather have Trump for 4 more years, I hope most of these claims DO NOT turn out to be true. Why? That would totally destroy the election process. 

Changes need to be made. Voter rolls need to be cleaned up. Paper ballots need to be in every state that are signed by the voter. Voter ids need to be tied to an SSN or some other method to determine one vote per person. I am sure there are other methods or ideas that can be added.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

When Sidney Powell started talking about votes going to Germany, that's when it went off the rails. If they have proof of that it would be jail time for many people. Possible, yes. Probable, no.

As for the other points of over voting, provisional ballots, curing some ballots and not others, dead people voting, different signature validating, no signature validating,  etc, that needs to be looked into. Everyone should want to know the answer to that. Saying ballots were only marked for Biden and no down ticket should be easily verified. Running a ballot two or three times should be easily verified (i would imagine there is a unique code for each ballot) or just rerun the whole batch.

While I would much rather have Trump for 4 more years, I hope most of these claims DO NOT turn out to be true. Why? That would totally destroy the election process. 

Changes need to be made. Voter rolls need to be cleaned up. Paper ballots need to be in every state that are signed by the voter. Voter ids need to be tied to an SSN or some other method to determine one vote per person. I am sure there are other methods or ideas that can be added.

Outstanding post. Agreed on all accounts and it’s embarrassing at this point for him to not concede