2020 Presidential Election Thread

Starkiller

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fine. I’ll do it.?     Titans Report calls the race for Joe Biden.  

Lol. Good question. I’m definitely, strongly anti-Trump. Didn’t vote for him either time.   I lean conservative but how the vast, vast majority of the GOP fell in line lockstep with Trump reall

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Its my understanding the state board can't not vote to certify since the counties have certified. 

Whitmer said tonight that the members “should be careful” because their actions could be illegal and that “their job is to certify the election, and if they don’t, there will be ramifications.”

9 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

No, I’m not missing the point. I told you why I voted the way I voted. You aren’t adult enough to accept it. Millions of Americans vote for the party that puts more money in their pocket, some vote for other reasons.  I’m not going to derail other people’s conversations in this thread that are productive to argue with you. But either you can handle someone’s answer or you can’t. It’s fine to disagree, but to continue to bring it up changes nothing. 

People vote for who they vote for for a wide variety of reasons. Some personal, some religious, some because they like a candidate or party better and so on. Not one time have I asked you why you voted for Biden. If I had and you answered, I wouldn’t question you on it because it’s your decision and it’s more than likely what’s more beneficial for you OR what makes you feel better at night. 

Do you still feel good about your vote while Trump attempts to delegitimize the election? Does democracy mean anything to you?

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

Its shameful so many Republicans are going along with it. Its Trump vs Democracy right now and Trump is winning. The damage will take decades to undo. I get the crazies going along with trump but the rest of the GOP, which is made up of a lot of good people, is complicit and it doesn't make any sense. 

... and you wonder why we e been telling you that you are naive for several weeks. 

The participation of various GOP people in this charade feels like a typical FOX News story being played out in the political sphere rather than media. The distinction is not that clear at the best of times but in this case various GOP members are taking the role of a FOX News anchor - getting people riled up without facts or reality getting in the way.

FOX do it for ratings but these people are doing it for whatever currency keeps them in good standing with their party and seemingly powerful crazy base.

17 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

If you really think I believe everyone should agree with me you’re really missing the point. Hell, @oldschoolrailed on my for 4 years for sitting 2016 out because I was so disgusted with the two candidates of choice. He and I disagree plenty. You’re completely missing the point. 

Amigo, Joe is as good as we can ask for. Think about the differentiation between him and people like Tux, LTF, Simple Jake, and Roll Tide. Think about it. 

You don’t have to respect his political position, but he at no point has come at anyone up until this point where he was attacked. 

7 minutes ago, tgo said:

Whitmer said tonight that the members “should be careful” because their actions could be illegal and that “their job is to certify the election, and if they don’t, there will be ramifications.”

What’s the penalty?

13 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Its my understanding the state board can't not vote to certify since the counties have certified. 

From my understanding it is unprecedented and no one knows exactly what happens if the state board doesn’t certify. It becomes a constitutional crisis at that point. 

5 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Lol. There is no national conspiracy loon. Its Trump and a few crazies. The rest are just bitches for not standing up.

It’s certainly becoming one with the Michigan people being called by the president and then attempting to recant their certification. 

8 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Lol. There is no national conspiracy loon. Its Trump and a few crazies. The rest are just bitches for not standing up.

Respectfully, I disagree. 

There's a national conspiracy organized out of the Trump campaign headquarters, it's just that most R's aren't in on it and it's clownish and doomed to fail. 

Edited by tgo

7 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The GOP website just released a tweet talking about how they won the election in a landslide and there will be retribution. 

Look at what was quoted for you by ILF. It's not a few... it's most or at least most are fine with it. 

42 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

I’ve been incredibly cordial and gracious in defeat. I’m easy to discuss politics without alienating people. BUT Fuck off you pussified douchebag and your needing to attack my viewpoint whenever you feel the urge. 

At least I have the guts to say the reason I supported Trump in the election. If it makes you feel better to act holier than thou so be it. But yeah, at the end of the day I care an awful lot about the money going into my bank account. 

The adults in this thread are talking. I’m appreciative of those posters here willing to have a conversation and not alienate different views. Piss off.

How much did you actually save on taxes?