Just in time...

kyle021

Not only will this defense get a huge boost when Adoree comes back next week against Chicago, but he will also come back when Desmond King also makes his first appearance as our starting NB

we somehow went 5-2 in the first 7 games with a major covid outbreak, and a 36 year old Joseph as the starting CB opposite Butler, and Fulton as the starting NB with a 7th rounder and UDFA guys like Tye Smith and Kareem Orr as the #4 CB’s. 

Throw in the fact that Clowney literally had 2 practices before the week one opener, and Vic Beasley the starter opposite Landry alongside Clowney missed all of TC for odd reasons and didn’t play until week 2? Maybe week 3?

The offense was set, but the defense had no consistency. Had no one entrenched as the starters and we have been playing week to week with just 3 OLB’s

now... This is all hypothetical and just me assuming that Adoree is going to return this week. 

Now we get (Hopefully) Roberson back as the #4 OLB to help keep guys fresh and rotate in and out with Beasley, Landry, and Clowney. 

Now we get two of the leagues better corners, and in my eyes 2 of the leagues top 20 CB’s with Adoree falling in the 10-15 range, and the leagues best NB. 

I have read how poorly Byard has been. Yes he has played poorly, but lest not forget. He has also been playing out of position and not his true FS role. He has been in the box a lot and singled up on TE’s instead of playing to his strength and roaming the middle of the field and deep centerfield. 

Our starting defense is going to consist of Jones, Simmons, Clowney, Landry, Beasley, Evans, Brown, Jackson, King, Butler, Byard and Vaccaro. 

that’s really fucking stout.

What was just a huge liability Sunday may honestly turn into our biggest strength. Our defense. Go figure that...

We could see arguably the biggest 180 defensively the league has seen since the Colts super bowl run where their defense was the worst in the NFL and then when the playoffs began they became dominant. 

Jon Robinson just pulled off highway robbery by essentially trading Kamalie Correa for Desmond King. 

DESMOND FUCKING KING 

Logan Ryan was an absolute stud his entire tenure in TN, and he left in FA and we replaced him with essentially no one. We drafted Fulton who will be very good and will supplant Butler as the #2 CB next year but he was playing way out of position by playing NB... he is an outside CB, and now he gets to resume that role and will be our primary backup on the outside when he returns. Joseph falls back to the #5/6 role where he will battle Chris Jackson for playing time and could find himself a healthy scratch on game days due to Jackson playing ST’s and Joseph not. 

also...

our special teams got a big boost because Desmond King is an all pro punt returner. He can flip the field and that’s going to be big time. 

this move happened at the perfect time. 

If we field all of these guys at once we actually have a chance to guard the KCChiefs on defense and accumulate coverage sacks and interceptions. Desmond King will not get burnt by Watkins like Ryan did in the AFCCG

I think we see a totally different team this weekend. I think we see a defense that holds teams to less than 20 points a game, gets 3+ sacks a game, and multiple turnovers, and our offense will get back to what it does best. Ball control, PA, RZ efficiency, and controlling the clock. 

3 minutes ago, kyle021 said:

Get this

on Sunday our secondary was starting Malcom Butler, Chris Jackson, and Jonathon Joseph. 

Next weekend we are going to be starting Adoree Jackson, Malcom Butler and Desmond King

None of those guys are in the 49ers secondary....

35 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

Agree. It's 80% coaching imo. I read an article that said we're on pace to be the worse 3rd down defense in NFL history.

They showed a statistic during the Bengals game going all the way back to 1991 that we were the #1 worst 3rd down defense in that 29 year timeline. Only team over the 60% mark.

11 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

LOL

So one cornerback is going to solve their schematic issues? He's suddenly going to make Clowney get to the QB or Beasley get to anyone?

Idk... I'm fucking skeptical. And confused AF considering neither Clowney or Beasley play for SF. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They don't wanna fucking play . They should be tagged with an incentive clause!!! GET THE JOB DONE OR GET DOCKED PAY OR GET THE FUCK OUT!! ( BEASLEY... CLOWNEY) For the remainder of this season!!!

The defense has to pull it together and I think that Adoree and King will help.

My concerns for this team going forward are the defensive line.  Zero sacks from Beasley and Clowney is very worrisome.  I get that the secondary sucked and all that, but zero is still zero.  It is hard to go through seven games with zero sacks if you are a DE worth your salt.  I suppose that they could be injured.  If so, they have to get healthy.

What we have seen in the last two games, though, has been the offensive struggles.  I am concerned most about the loss of Lewan.  I also felt like this year's line was not going to be as good as last year's line with the loss of Conkline.  Especially when Isaiah Wilson didn't start to pan out early.

The Titans are a good team with a good coaching staff.  I expect them to figure some stuff out.  Just not sure if this defense is going to be able to transition into a top 5 scoring defense this season.  3 sacks a game would put the Titans in the top 7 teams.  They are currently tied for 29th with 1 per game.

The great news is that the Titans have 9 more games to play to figure it out before the playoffs, and realistically, the Titans are certainly going to be a playoff team.

And, all that matters is getting things worked out by the first playoff game.

Archived