Week 8 - Titans @ Bengals Game Thread

Jonboy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy crap.    If we can’t get sacks this week...

Fuck Vrabel and his defense. 

Rushing only 3 people against a completely decimated OL on 3rd and forever is beyond stupid   

Posted Images

6 hours ago, TampaTitan said:

I honestly believed this team was done losing to 1 win, or otherwise pretty bad teams. It's been a problem now thru multiple coaches and staffs. And I get it, the margin in today's NFL is razor thin, but there are plenty of other quality franchises that never seem to lose in these spots. 

I think that all teams are susceptible at times.  And, I expect the Bengals end up around 6-7 wins.

Chiefs won the Super Bowl last year and lost to the Colts.

I think if you went back, there would be some bad losses on most teams' record.

"Bengals pressures given up by Titans offensive line:

Left tackle Ty Sambraillo gave up 3 pressures and 2 hurries.

Left guard Rodger Saffold did not give up a pressure, hurry or sack.

Center Ben Jones gave up one hurry.

Right guard Nate Davis gave up a pressure.

Right tackle Dennis Kelly did not give up a pressure, hurry or sack."

"Beasley did nothing during the game, no pressures, hurries or hits on the QB and also was offsides twice. Beasley doesn’t show the speed around the edge that he once had; he is now trying to get an edge by aligning offsides to get a jump on the tackle."

"Johnathon Joseph has been described many times by me in the reviews and previews going back a few years ago when he was with the Texans. It isn’t his fault he can’t run anymore, it is a coaching and front office issue why he is still on the field."

"Fans, front offices and organizations underestimate the loss of a coordinator.

The loss of Dean Pees is huge. It reminds me of the 2001 loss of Greg Williams, handing the defensive play-calling over to an inexperienced Jim Schwartz. We went 13-3 two years in a row in 1999 and 2000 and in 2001 we went 7-9."

https://www.paulkuharsky.com/news/scout-s-take-the-titans-defensive-front-should-be-ashamed

4 hours ago, tgo said:

I'll say it again. This crazy idea Smith is some savant play designer and game planner is grounded in absolutely nothing. He has a great RB, a heavy playaction game, and a top 5 QB. They don't attack opposing team weaknesses or make sure their studs get targets other than Henry. 

Edited by oldschool