Week 8 - Titans @ Bengals Game Thread

Jonboy

The usual mouth breathers are weighing in this morning.... no one is saying the Titans suck or don't deserve to be 5-2. The overwhelming majority are  simply saying the defense is so bad it dampens any enthusiasm this team can contend against other top teams in a 3 or 4 game gauntlet in the playoffs. Personally I think they can possibly win the division because of their 5-2 start. This is a 12 to 13 win team with average defense and special teams play. Instead they are more likely in the 10 win range. The good thing is we'll know who they are with games coming against the Colts and Ravens. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy crap.    If we can’t get sacks this week...

Fuck Vrabel and his defense. 

Rushing only 3 people against a completely decimated OL on 3rd and forever is beyond stupid   

Posted Images

I turned the game off in the 4th quarter. Can't remember the last time I did so. I've been complaining almost all year about the defense. Vrabel is in complete denial about the coaching situation significantly playing a role in our terrible 3rd down defense. I've been watching pro football my entire life and one thing is for certain. Coaching makes a huge difference. If there is a position group that is underperforming relative to their talent it's almost always on coaches. 

The lone bright spot yesterday I thought was Malcolm Butler. Even Simmons didn't look great yesterday. It was just pathetic. I still think we can turn it around, but my enthusiasm for this seasons has ratcheted down about 7 notches. 

24 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The usual mouth breathers are weighing in this morning.... no one is saying the Titans suck or don't deserve to be 5-2. The overwhelming majority are  simply saying the defense is so bad it dampens any enthusiasm this team can contend against other top teams in a 3 or 4 game gauntlet in the playoffs. Personally I think they can possibly win the division because of their 5-2 start. This is a 12 to 13 win team with average defense and special teams play. Instead they are more likely in the 10 win range. The good thing is we'll know who they are with games coming against the Colts and Ravens. 

Honestly, how many of us thought we would be 5-2 at this point when first looking at the schedule.  We are still in a very good position, but we need to make corrections to have a strong finish to the season.

6 minutes ago, Guts said:

Honestly, how many of us thought we would be 5-2 at this point when first looking at the schedule.  We are still in a very good position, but we need to make corrections to have a strong finish to the season.

I didn't think we'd be 5-2 but I also didn't think we'd lose to the Bengals missing their entire starting OL.

6 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I didn't think we'd be 5-2 but I also didn't think we'd lose to the Bengals missing their entire starting OL.

Shit happens.   It's a very disappointing loss, but hopefully this is the wake up call Vrabel and the team needs.

1 hour ago, Guts said:

I feel like most here had us around 10 wins if not more so 5-2 is pretty much what I think we were expecting.

I honestly believed this team was done losing to 1 win, or otherwise pretty bad teams. It's been a problem now thru multiple coaches and staffs. And I get it, the margin in today's NFL is razor thin, but there are plenty of other quality franchises that never seem to lose in these spots. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic
7 hours ago, Supdawg said:

I turned the game off in the 4th quarter. Can't remember the last time I did so. I've been complaining almost all year about the defense. Vrabel is in complete denial about the coaching situation significantly playing a role in our terrible 3rd down defense. I've been watching pro football my entire life and one thing is for certain. Coaching makes a huge difference. If there is a position group that is underperforming relative to their talent it's almost always on coaches. 

The lone bright spot yesterday I thought was Malcolm Butler. Even Simmons didn't look great yesterday. It was just pathetic. I still think we can turn it around, but my enthusiasm for this seasons has ratcheted down about 7 notches. 

Yes and anyone with an IQ above room temperature on here knew that losing Dean Pees was a big deal. 

1 minute ago, Lars said:

Yes and anyone with an IQ above room temperature on here knew that losing Dean Pees was a big deal. 

Agreed. I was willing to give Vrabel the benefit of the doubt, but because of the sample size of 1 where Vrabel coordinated the defense I was a bit skeptical. Question I have is what was the upside in not appointing a DC? Cost savings? Vrabel gets to redeem himself as a DC?