Maddening

BeedoeLaw

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What is really scary defensively is we are #1 in the NFL in the turnover differential and #2 for INT, can you imagine how much worse things would be defensively without the turnovers.   Have

I honestly liked that Tampa 2 look Jayon got the pick on. I accept that we currently have to play more zone than we'd like but those cushions really are a bit much, particularly on 3rd and long. Our c

There is a reason teams have position coaches and coordinators. Dont tell me Bowen can handle both duties without the OLBs suffering. I believe there is a schematic issue with the defense. The questio

22 minutes ago, TitansFan23 said:

If we can’t get pressure on the QB, I’m not sure it matters who we have in coverage.

That would be nice, but we can’t afford it. Bottom line is Clowney and Beasley need to step up and be what we brought them here to be.

While, yes you are correct that Clowney/Beasley need to step up (along with Landry), there is a bigger issue at hand. If you just look at the throws Big Ben had, he literally got the ball away super quick. The issue is the secondary giving huge cushions. Can’t expect the pass rush to get there in less than 2 seconds every play. 

9 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

While, yes you are correct that Clowney/Beasley need to step up (along with Landry), there is a bigger issue at hand. If you just look at the throws Big Ben had, he literally got the ball away super quick. The issue is the secondary giving huge cushions. Can’t expect the pass rush to get there in less than 2 seconds every play. 

I agree with you about the soft coverage. I hate seeing it, but they’re scared to death of Joseph, Butler and company getting torched for huge plays. Yes, we need help in the secondary. We also have to get to the QB. Very frustrating right now.

Edited by TitansFan23

More awful DB cushion play on 3rd Down.

Butler does two awful things on this play.

It is 3rd and 4

#1 - His alignment is awful as he is giving 10 yards of cushion allowing for a easy and quick out route.

#2 - His angle to the ball carrier is awful and he gets stuck in position where he goes for the ball when he has no shot of getting there vs. bodying the WR and at least limiting the YAC. Everyone else is covered so if he does his job we get off the field there.

3 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

More awful DB cushion play on 3rd Down.

Butler does two awful things on this play.

It is 3rd and 4

#1 - His alignment is awful as he is giving 10 yards of cushion allowing for a easy and quick out route.

#2 - His angle to the ball carrier is awful and he gets stuck in position where he goes for the ball when he has no shot of getting there vs. bodying the WR and at least limiting the YAC. Everyone else is covered so if he does his job we get off the field there.

Going back to Titanscentral.net, I've never understood way fans think DB's decide how far off they are playing. Butler was playing 10 yards off because he was instructed to based on the called coverage and down and distance. I was highly annoyed at how far off DBs were playing but not at the players, at the coaches.

Edited by oldschool

21 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Going back to Titanscentral.net, I've never understood way fans think DB's decide how far off they are playing. Butler was playing 10 yards off because he was instructed to based on the called coverage and down and distance. I was highly annoyed at how far off DBs were playing but not at the players, at the coaches.

I blame the coaches as well. I think I remember Vrabel saying they let players decide how far they play off of a receiver in zone. He said he let's them decide what they are comfortable with.  You could not play for me if you are scared. Scared is not a trait I want on my football team. 

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

Regardless if it’s the coaches or players - the communication needs to be there and you also have to know where the sticks are and if you are beat limit the play as best possible. He did neither of those things.

4 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Regardless if it’s the coaches or players - the communication needs to be there and you also have to know where the sticks are and if you are beat limit the play as best possible. He did neither of those things.

100% agree on your other points. 

This may not be that relevant but I wonder who the guy is firing up the defense? The for the boys mentalty seems to be gone. I remember Casey was real good at getting the defense going, even Lewan.

The first half defense just wasn't aggressive vs the Steelers. I think having a team motivator does make a difference. 

Look back out how Ray Lewis used to fire up his defense and the way they responded. They bought into his rage.

Our defense needs a spark badly.