Bengals Week

Jonboy

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Should take advantage of the Bengals OL situation and trade Wilson to them might get some magic beans back in return for him.

Bengals have lost 2 back-to-back heartbreakers they should’ve won against 2 good teams in Indy and Cleveland.    Burrow has been impressive but their defense has been pretty bad and is only tre

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, dcblanton said:

I agree.  He seems to be a good dude.

But, frankly, as a fan of a team with a very good young QB who could be the next 'it' qb, I am a little annoyed at how good some of these other young AFC QB's are looking.  Burrow and Herbert are impressive.   It will be interesting to see how Tua looks.

Of course, many were high on Mayfield, Watson and Jackson after their first year.  Then, of course we had the Josh Allen hype earlier this year and there has even been some discussion about Sam Darnold's potential.  (I probably shouldn't be so dismissive of this as we are seeing what RT did once he got away from Gase)

I wouldn't group Watson with those other two. Watson is legit. Baker is inconsistent as hell and Lamar is a gimmick QB. 

Either way, like you said, I don't tend to worry about QBs until they can sustain their solid/great play across multiple years. 

1 hour ago, TwoToneBlueRules said:

Someone here later will come up with one I bet. I know you can stream it from CBS. Not sure what it costs. We did a "trial" for a week with Hulu then cancelled for a game.....lol. We finally got Sling. It's a really good value. Live close to Nashville and get 40 over the air channels, then Sling, and I am an Amazon Prime member too. All of that is still way cheaper than Direct TV. 

Ive used firestick for a long time now. I love it. Im just in the process of moving to my 2nd house so I still havent got everything hooked up you just yet. A member of this forum pm'd me with a link for today, so I'm all good.

This forum rocks. There's still decent people in the world we live in. Go Titans!

On 10/30/2020 at 3:21 PM, dcblanton said:

I saw it.  I wonder what will be written at the end of the year.

Divisional round:  7/14 for 88 yards.

Henry 195 yards

Wildcard round: 8/15 for 72 yards

Henry 182 yards

In 2019, Tannehill had 3 games in which he was asked to throw the ball 30+ times.  He was 1-2 in those games.  He was 1-3 if you include the playoff loss to the Chiefs. 

The difference between the regular season win against the Chiefs and the playoff loss was that the Chiefs stopped Henry and forced RT to win the game.  In the regular season, RT had 19 attempts.  In the playoff game, he had 31.  

In 2019, with Tannehill starting, the Titans won only two games in which Henry didn't have a 100+ yard day.  One was Tampa.  And, one was LAC.  They didn't lose a single game last year, all year, regardless of who was QB when he had 100 yards or more.

So far in 2020, RT is performing a little better.    In games that he has thrown 30 passes or more, he is 3-1.  Oddly, in those three wins where RT had over 30 attempts, it was against some of the worst teams in the NFL AND Henry had over 100 yards in each of those games.  The Titans still have lost when Henry has 100 yards.  

Statistically there is no justification for RT being the catalyst for the offense.  Even Vrabel has said we are 'built to run the ball and we need to be able to do that'.  There is a reason that Henry got paid like a top running back and RT got paid like an average QB.  Don't get me wrong, RT is better than average and is filling his role nicely, but he isn't MVP material.  He isn't carrying the team. 

And, the 16 starts that everyone is talking about doesn't include the playoff games.  I wonder what working those games in would look like.  Because of the 16 games.  So, far only six teams were above .500.  And, as a whole, the Titans opponents are 98-99.  So, less than .500.   And, if you look at the defenses faced, on average they are bottom half of the league.  18th overall.

The reason why I say it will be interesting to see what the articles about RT say at the end of this year.  His numbers have been padded going against weak teams.  He has a couple more of those, but this year is more representative of what a normal season is.  He will face 8 likely playoff teams.  (including Buffalo and Pittsburgh)  He will play another team that may be over .500 in the Lions.  The remaining schedule still has some horrible defensive teams like the Jags, Texans, Bengals and Browns.  But, he gets to face the 10th defense, the 9th defense, the 2nd rated defense twice, and the 11th defense.  

So a great test.  RT can shut a lot of doubters up this season.  

This post makes no sense.

....... a little better - "3-1" LOL, but, but, but.....

We are throwing more than last year and we are still winning. Tannehill is 4th in passer rating, and 4th in CPOE.

What is interesting is that he is doing it differently this year. The pass protection has been a concern so we are throwing the ball quicker. His average time to throw has gone from 2.9 to 2.63 seconds. But, he is still tied for 6th in average completed air yards. Of the top 10 in average completed air yards, only Wilson has a higher completion % and a higher passer rating. Tannehill also has the lowest bad throw % in the league.

All while Henry has been held under 4 YPC in 4 of 6 games.

2020 is proving that his accuracy and decision making were not flukes in 2019 and not dependent on a dominating running game.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic

The results of another game where the Bengals hosted the Titans in very windy conditions.... Sept 14, 2008:

Titans 24, Bengals 7

Kerry Collins - 14/21   128 yds, 1 TD

Chris Johnson  - 19 att, 109 yds 

Lendale White - 18 att, 57 yds, 1 TD

Carson Palmer  16/27 135 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT

Chris Perry   21 att, 64 yds, 1 TD

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200809140cin.htm

18 minutes ago, nine said:

The results of another game where the Bengals hosted the Titans in very windy conditions.... Sept 14, 2008:

Titans 24, Bengals 7

Kerry Collins - 14/21   128 yds, 1 TD

Chris Johnson  - 19 att, 109 yds 

Lendale White - 18 att, 57 yds, 1 TD

Carson Palmer  16/27 135 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT

Chris Perry   21 att, 64 yds, 1 TD

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200809140cin.htm

I’m expecting big days for King Henry and McNichols. Probably some end-arounds, too, because we all know Art Smith has brain fart here and there and wants to throw in a wrinkle. 

Most stadiums on rivers will get strong wind gusts. I think with the Bengals running most of the offense through Burrough it could be more of a problem for them than the Titans. All five of Cincinnati's starting Oline are out so we should be able to create plenty of pressure. Derrick Henry could have a career day .for the Titans

On 10/26/2020 at 11:32 AM, TeamRamrod said:

If the pass rush doesn’t come alive this week, I’m not sure it will this season at all.

Burrow is going to carve us up this week if not. This game should not be taken lightly.

Your definitely right!!!  Today!!! Clowney doesn't even seem likes he wants to play .,. What a waisted pick up!!!