Corey Davis Never Seems to Make the Big Play

2 minutes ago, reo said:

Sure he drew a PI on the first drop.. but it was still a drop. He got held but still should've caught it.

Dude runs like Boldin (who I compared him to coming out of college) but he occasionally gets a case of stone hands. He's dropped some bad ones the past few weeks.

Go back and watch it. The CB got his hand inside his arms and knocked the ball out. That isn’t a drop. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You just said earlier this week that Jonnu shouldn't be paid and Firkser was better.  Which is it?

Well, this abortion of a thread didn't age well after one week. 128 yards and a TD. Kid can play. 

I honestly don't have any complaints with Corey. He's a victim of being drafted too high. He's a solid #2 who makes all the catches he should.    A Byard/Adams safety duo still has me drooli

Posted Images

9 hours ago, oldschool said:

In a normal year yea but this won't be a normal offseason. The contracted salary cap will have a big impact on FAs like Davis. I suspect we'll see a lot of guys signing 1-3 yr deals to stay with their current teams. Will Davis be one? Not sure but definitely a possibility.

There's going to be a glut of mid level/#2 WR available via FA.  In between the guys hitting UFA, I expect that there will be a fair number of WR who are cap casualties.  It's going to be a crowded market out there.   There will probably be a few trades as well.

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Go back and watch it. The CB got his hand inside his arms and knocked the ball out. That isn’t a drop. 

I dunno. Can't tell from the replay I saw. The corner has his hand in there but can't tell if he hit the ball at least not from the view I saw. You could be right though.

Either way Brown has had some bad drops these past few weeks.

Edited by reo
4 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I usually give receivers there benefit of the doubt but I saw that as a drop. He tried to body catch and the ball bounced right off his chest. Would've been a tough catch but he's made tougher ones. He's had an issue with concentration drops for a while now.

2 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I usually give receivers there benefit of the doubt but I saw that as a drop. He tried to body catch and the ball bounced right off his chest. Would've been a tough catch but he's made tougher ones. He's had an issue with concentration drops for a while now.

I agree he’s had some concentration drops. He also didn’t try to hands catch it. The CB got his hand on it and knocked it away. It wasn’t a drop. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny
4 minutes ago, reo said:

I dunno. Can't tell from the replay I saw. The corner has his hand in there but can't tell if he hit the ball at least not from the view I saw. You could be right though.

Either way Brown has had some bad drops these past few weeks.

Yep. He needs to get that figured out ASAP. As Mythos noted he didn’t try to high point the ball or catch it with his hands. Both were mistakes on his part, but to be fair that DB was holding him the entire time after he cut up field and was interfering with the ball in the air.

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

Yep. He needs to get that figured out ASAP. As Mythos noted he didn’t try to high point the ball or catch it with his hands. Both were mistakes on his part, but to be fair that DB was holding him the entire time after he cut up field and was interfering with the ball in the air.

yeah if it was only that one instance, i'd give him a pass on it.

And in the end, his benefits out shine a few drops but it also makes it even more important to have a guy like Davis and a guy like Humphries on your roster imo.  If you've got those guys to move the chains, Brown can mostly be the big play guy.

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

I'll have to watch closer.

Here’s the replay, but it isn’t the best angle they had during the telecast. He definitely got his hand on the ball. It’s also a catch he should make, but the ball was slightly under thrown and the DB was all over him. He definitely needs to get his hands turned though. 

1 hour ago, TampaTitan said:

I don't think Smith runs very good routes honestly 

Which is why almost every Jonnu play is a schemed open thing. He's not developing as a security blanket yet. He's a great athletic player... with the ball in his hands and in the air.. but he's not a very smart player yet.

46 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Which is why almost every Jonnu play is a schemed open thing. He's not developing as a security blanket yet. He's a great athletic player... with the ball in his hands and in the air.. but he's not a very smart player yet.

This is why I said in the offseason that TE could be upgraded. Smith is very athletic but he's not a dominant TE. Dude disappears for huge stretches.

Edited by reo
29 minutes ago, reo said:

This is why I said in the offseason that TE could be upgraded. Smith is very athletic but he's not a dominant TE. Dude disappears for huge stretches.

I do somewhat agree, but I think that is more scheme related than anything. They should be designing more plays for him. Almost every play they do run to him works. Also, with how many holes we are going to have going into the off-season, the easy decision to just tag Jonnu this year and not create another hole that we have to fill. There are some talented TEs in the draft, but we have bigger needs to address early. In free agency the only guy that I would consider in Jonnu’s level is Hunter a Henry and he has battled a lot of injuries through his career. Just not a lot of great options to improve. Jonnu is plenty talented, just need to use him more efficiently.

52 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

I do somewhat agree, but I think that is more scheme related than anything. They should be designing more plays for him. Almost every play they do run to him works. Also, with how many holes we are going to have going into the off-season, the easy decision to just tag Jonnu this year and not create another hole that we have to fill. There are some talented TEs in the draft, but we have bigger needs to address early. In free agency the only guy that I would consider in Jonnu’s level is Hunter a Henry and he has battled a lot of injuries through his career. Just not a lot of great options to improve. Jonnu is plenty talented, just need to use him more efficiently.

I still say this is not how an offense needs to operate. You design a play where you have a route to beat each type of defense then the QB reads the defense to see which route he needs to hit. 

KC for example will have routes to beat man on one side and zone on the other. Then presnap movement to figure out if its man or zone then post snap reads to figure out the exact coverage which defines the target. 

But maybe I'm just too partial to KCs style of offense.