Corey Davis Never Seems to Make the Big Play

No1TitansFan

6 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

As a second WR he would be great, curious what kind of contract he wants.

If he's fine with being payed a #2 salary, I'm okay with that.  In a heartbeat.  If he feels he should be payed more?  Well, that's an issue.  I might go with a slightly higher #2 pay, as he knows the system and is making plays, but it can't be much higher than the average.   

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You just said earlier this week that Jonnu shouldn't be paid and Firkser was better.  Which is it?

I honestly don't have any complaints with Corey. He's a victim of being drafted too high. He's a solid #2 who makes all the catches he should.    A Byard/Adams safety duo still has me drooli

Well, this abortion of a thread didn't age well after one week. 128 yards and a TD. Kid can play. 

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Rogue said:

It's a shame it took CD this long to show any real potential, but a lot is a shame.  

I certainly don't think he's lived up to his draft position.  

I wouldn't mind keeping him, but it's gotta be a good deal.  I'd say a 50/50 shot of replacing him in the draft.  If he wants to stay and at a reasonable price, then I say keep him.  

A lot more to worry about than a WR. If he's willing to go with a reasonable contract, then I'm all for it.  If not, well, bye.  

Injuries and bad QB play have largely derailed his career. Glad to see him show some of the talent that was always there.  

AJ had his worst game as a pro today, and Davis looked like a #1 WR. Maybe not the kind of #1 you get at the 5th pick in the draft, but the kind of possession #1 that is reliable and catches whatever is thrown.

If Davis hits FA and goes to a pass happy team where he will see 8-10 targets a game he will put up huge numbers. Say he goes to Cincy and replaces AJ Green... Dude will get a ton of targets from Burrow and post 80+ catches for 1200+ yards on a consistent basis if he stays healthy for all 16 games. 

In our offense the #1 gets 6-8 targets a game (Brown) while players like Davis, Humphries, etc get 3-5 on average. We run the ball 30+ times a game and average most likely 20-30 pass attempts. There simply isnt enough volume. 

I think that’s a mistake because Tannehill is the type of QB who can drop back 30-40 times a game and throw for 300-400 yards if asked. Instead he gets around 20-30 attempts and most of them are roll outs and play action passes which he is great at, but I still want to see him in the shotgun taking 3-5 step drops and dicing teams up with 5-8 yard passes  allowing his receivers to get YAC and also throwing in a few intermediate balls and having the option of a deep pass on each play. 

I am simply not going to bitch though. He is playing great football. 

Today AJ Brown dropped a good 4-5 passes which would have resulted in more scores and yards. 

Also... Gostkowski had a great day and so did Daniel our punter. The special teams today were money. 

10 minutes ago, japan said:

Davis isn’t re-signing with us. I would be shocked. While his season hasn’t been elite level, it’s good enough for someone to throw some hopeful money at. 

In a normal year yea but this won't be a normal offseason. The contracted salary cap will have a big impact on FAs like Davis. I suspect we'll see a lot of guys signing 1-3 yr deals to stay with their current teams. Will Davis be one? Not sure but definitely a possibility.

At this point the Brown injury & Jonnu basically becoming strictly an inside the 5 yard line threat has to increase the odds of us keeping him.

@Mythos27is correct, he’s had a lot of injury issues & Mariota obviously wasn’t the best QB. We’re seeing a lot of the things in college that got people excited. He’s also a lot bigger then many realize, he’s a legit 6’3 & probably about 215. He’s a 1B IMO.

And let’s be honest, though I would’ve probably made the same decisions, John Robinson is going to take a lot of heat if he becomes a star elsewhere. Losing him & Conklin, your first 2 picks, and have them be pro bowlers elsewhere hurts.

This league is about secondary & pass catching weapons now. You don’t let 6’3 outside WR’s who make plays leave.

3 hours ago, Face said:

At this point the Brown injury & Jonnu basically becoming strictly an inside the 5 yard line threat has to increase the odds of us keeping him.

@Mythos27is correct, he’s had a lot of injury issues & Mariota obviously wasn’t the best QB. We’re seeing a lot of the things in college that got people excited. He’s also a lot bigger then many realize, he’s a legit 6’3 & probably about 215. He’s a 1B IMO.

And let’s be honest, though I would’ve probably made the same decisions, John Robinson is going to take a lot of heat if he becomes a star elsewhere. Losing him & Conklin, your first 2 picks, and have them be pro bowlers elsewhere hurts.

This league is about secondary & pass catching weapons now. You don’t let 6’3 outside WR’s who make plays leave.

The mark of a good GM is to not concern yourself with how things in the future my reflect on you. Only what’s best for the team. 

We should throw money at Davis. He's a great blocker. He's had three games this year where he went over 100 yards. Brown is a better WR (despite the weird drop today), but we have no one else without Davis. Batson isn't bad, but he's a jag. Raymond, maybe. But we are a lot better when Davis AND Brown are on the field.

12 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Brown dropped one pass. The other he drew a PI and the CB knocked the ball away. 

Sure he drew a PI on the first drop.. but it was still a drop. He got held but still should've caught it.

Dude runs like Boldin (who I compared him to coming out of college) but he occasionally gets a case of stone hands. He's dropped some bad ones the past few weeks.

2 minutes ago, reo said:

Sure he drew a PI on the first drop.. but it was still a drop. He got held but still should've caught it.

Dude runs like Boldin (who I compared him to coming out of college) but he occasionally gets a case of stone hands. He's dropped some bad ones the past few weeks.

Go back and watch it. The CB got his hand inside his arms and knocked the ball out. That isn’t a drop.