Division Outlook & Playoff Watch Thread

With both the Jags and Texans dropping to 1-6, it's looking like we have a 2-team race between the Titans and the Colts for the South.

Titans currently sit at 5-1 while the Colts are 4-2. Colts have 2 AFC losses and one of those is a division loss to Jax.

Looking at the schedules, both teams have really tough stretches in November. The Colts have to play the Ravens, Titans, Packers, and Titans again. During the same stretch, we have the Bears, Colts, Ravens, and then the Colts again.

Colts play 5 more teams with a winning record. Titans play 6 more teams with winning records.

Colts remaining schedule:

@ Lions

Ravens

@ Titans

Packers

Titans

@ Texans

@ Raiders

Texans

@ Steelers

Jags

Titans remaining schedule:

@ Bengals

Bears

Colts

@ Ravens

@ Colts

Browns

@ Jags

Lions

@ Packers

@ Texans

If forced to make a prediction right now, I'd probably have the Colts finishing 10-6 and the Titans finishing 12-4.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A trap game would have been if we beat the Steelers in OT. The Titans are going to be pissed off heading into next Sunday. 

#1) Don't be a douchebag. #2) Chiefs haven't secured the bye yet.  Three weeks to go.   #3) Look again at #1.  Why be that fan?   As a lifetime Chiefs fan, I hated Bronco and Patri

Honestly aside from the special teams meltdown in the 1st Colt game and the Titans have played pretty well the last 4 games.    Squashed the Bears, Ravens and Colts in 3 of the last 4. 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

With both the Jags and Texans dropping to 1-6, it's looking like we have a 2-team race between the Titans and the Colts for the South.

Titans currently sit at 5-1 while the Colts are 4-2. Colts have 2 AFC losses and one of those is a division loss to Jax.

Looking at the schedules, both teams have really tough stretches in November. The Colts have to play the Ravens, Titans, Packers, and Titans again. During the same stretch, we have the Bears, Colts, Ravens, and then the Colts again.

Colts play 5 more teams with a winning record. Titans play 6 more teams with winning records.

@ Lions

Ravens

@ Titans

Packers

Titans

@ Texans

@ Raiders

Texans

@ Steelers

Jags

@ Bengals

Bears

Colts

@ Ravens

@ Colts

Browns

@ Jags

Lions

@ Packers

@ Texans

If forced to make a prediction right now, I'd probably have the Colts finishing 10-6 and the Titans finishing 12-4.

13-3 

W @ Bengals

W vs Bears

W vs Colts

L @ Ravens

W @ Colts

W vs Browns

W @ Jags

W vs Lions

L @ Packers

W @ Texans

6 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

A trap game would have been if we beat the Steelers in OT. The Titans are going to be pissed off heading into next Sunday. 

Yeah, I don't think you can have trap games after a loss.

The Bengals defense is trending down in a bad way. They've given up 27, 31, and 37 the past 3 weeks (Baltimore, Indy, & Cleveland). Dunlap and Atkins are apparently disgruntled and want out. The Titans should come out angry and hang 40+ on them.

Burrow is a gamer, but the Titans have absolutely no business losing that game.

2 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Yeah, I don't think you can have trap games after a loss.

The Bengals defense is trending down in a bad way. They've given up 27, 31, and 37 the past 3 weeks. Dunlap and Atkins are apparently disgruntled and want out.

Burrow is a gamer, but the Titans have absolutely no business losing that game.

I hope the defense that showed up in the second half in this week's game continues.  Also, they just gotta destroy one of these inferior teams and not play one possession ball games till the end.  Yeah, winning in the NFL is hard.  But sometimes you just have to trample and bludegeon the inferior opponent.

12 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

Lol why is everybody so argumentative these days, sheesh!! Lol

Definition of a Trap game: thought I'd just cut & paste a definition with an example lol.

A trap game is a game played against an opponent generally deemed to be easy to defeat. As a result a person or team may not prepare as thoroughly as they would for a formidable opponent. Often this attitude and its attendant lack of preparation lead to a loss.

"Seattle should be able to defeat Cleveland easily this Sunday, but they need to be careful that this does not become a trap game for them."

It would be an argument if you had a point. You don’t. I wasn’t arguing or being a dick. We lost a rough game today and our defense was exposed and bludgeoned. Then we almost made a miraculous comeback only to fall short because of a stupid play call, a stupid penalty, and a terrible kick. We will not be overlooking the Bengals. We will be pissed off we aren’t 6-0. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny
1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

@ Lions

Ravens

@ Titans

Packers

Titans

@ Texans

@ Raiders

Texans

@ Steelers

Jags

@ Bengals

Bears

Colts

@ Ravens

@ Colts

Browns

@ Jags

Lions

@ Packers

@ Texans

Given the current state of the defense 12-4 might be a little optimistic.

Colts defense stays together they could be an issue but I think if we play to our strengths,which isn’t screen plays to mofo Henry then will be okay.Rivers dink n dunk champ but hell my 6 yr old could play D in the nfl rite now horrendous all around.

14 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Given the current state of the defense 12-4 might be a little optimistic.

It's the NFL so all the games are tough. The only offenses left that really scare me though are Baltimore and GB. Cleveland maybe when they're on, but Baker is erratic and Odell may be done.

6 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

It's the NFL so all the games are tough, but the only offenses left that really scare me are Baltimore and GB. Cleveland maybe when they're on, but Baker is erratic and Odell may be done.

Our third down defense is historically bad and we have given up 30+ points to the Texans/Jags/Vikings who have a combined 3 wins this year, until proven otherwise we shouldn't be confident of the defense stopping anyone.

• Jonboy changed the title to Division Outlook & Playoff Watch Thread