Week 7: Steelers @ Titans Game Thread

Jonboy

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The 3rd down defense is tracking towards being historically awful.

Loser: Third Down Defense

Going back to the Titans win over the Bills, Tennessee’s defense has allowed their opponents to convert 33 of their 49 third downs (67.3%).

The highest season long third down conversion rate that a team has allowed since 1991 (the furthest Pro Football Reference’s database goes back on that stat) is 49.6% by the 1995 Cleveland Browns.

The Titans were giving up a league-high 57.8% conversion rate heading into this game and the Steelers 13-of-18 performance will continue to send that number in the wrong direction for Tennessee.

This is a problem that must get figured out in a hurry for the Titans defense.

I really can’t figure the third down defense out. There was a third and long where Ebron just ran right up field past Brown for an easy completion. Brown meanwhile just sat in no mans land.

This play in particular really stuck out to me because Brown was quite good in coverage last year. Also, there was absolutely no one to hand him off to and no one else to pick up.

So my question is this: are the back 7 just in a mess right now? Are players just blowing assignments? Or are they not being put into a position to succeed? Something has got to give...  

Oh and wtf is up with Byard? He went from ball hawk to mr irrelevant 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The kicker has to be cut. You can't be 5/11 on kicks under 50 yards. 

Probably the toughest match up the Titans will have in the regular season. It sucked early but they came so close it's hard to get too down.    They have to fix the CB situation, it's obviou

Sambrailo pitched a shutout on Dupree. Not just zero sacks, zero stats.

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, japan said:

Not really.

REALLY, @japan.

Found three videos with these late-game heroics by Gostkowki...

DENVER: 20 seconds on the play-clock remain when the ball is snapped

JAX: 40 seconds....

MINN: 7 seconds...

Edited by charleytolar

26 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

REALLY, @japan.

Found three videos with these late-game heroics by Gostkowki...

DENVER: 20 seconds on the play-clock remain when the ball is snapped

JAX: 40 seconds....

MINN: 7 seconds...

That's completely untrue.  He kicked the game winner against Denver with 6 seconds left on the play clock.   If you go back and watch highlights you can see that if he's kicking the ball, not out of timeout, that the play clock is always under 7 seconds.

Play Clock is not the same as Game Clock

Edited by japan

Just now, japan said:

That's completely untrue.  He kicked the game winner against Denver with 6 seconds left on the play clock.   If you go back and watch highlights you can see that if he's kicking the ball not out of timeout that the play clock is always under 7 seconds.

I just watched all three that I cited. I watched it for from 20 to 19 when he kicked...

You are just a semi-professional arguer.

3 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

I just watched all three that I cited. I watched it for from 20 to 19 when he kicked...

You are just a semi-professional arguer.

You're a weird dude.   Kickers usually take most of the play clock up setting up, etc...  This is nothing new.

Edited by japan

4 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

That's your comeback? I watched the clock countdown through 20 to 19 when he kicked and you INSIST on 6 seconds? You argue just to argue. It's pathetic, really.

You're whole theory is garbage.  Who cares what the game clock read?  It was stopped.  Your theory was that he was rushed since the 'play' clock hit 2.  My point is that it isn't uncommon at all for the ball to be snapped on a FG with it under 5 seconds.  What is your point?

Edited by japan

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Frustrates the hell out of me that Vrabel goes into games with only 3 OLB and carries 3 ILB who basically only play special teams and has Long Jr as a healthy inactive.

This is on Vrabel and a legit criticism.  It almost came back to bite him as both Clowney and Jayon Brown had to leave the game with injuries today.

I said it at the time that it was weird when people celebrated Kerry Coombs leaving and I’m not sure the defensive back coaching is the problem but... Adoree turned into a top ten corner, Byard was playing at an all pro level. Vaccaro was making plays. Even Malcolm Butler played a lot better the second half of the year in 2018.

19 minutes ago, TeamRamrod said:

I said it at the time that it was weird when people celebrated Kerry Coombs leaving and I’m not sure the defensive back coaching is the problem but... Adoree turned into a top ten corner, Byard was playing at an all pro level. Vaccaro was making plays. Even Malcolm Butler played a lot better the second half of the year in 2018.

Wait, people were actually happy that Coombs left? I missed that one (or just forgot).

• Jonboy unpinned this topic