Week 7: Steelers @ Titans Game Thread

Jonboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The kicker has to be cut. You can't be 5/11 on kicks under 50 yards. 

Probably the toughest match up the Titans will have in the regular season. It sucked early but they came so close it's hard to get too down.    They have to fix the CB situation, it's obviou

Sambrailo pitched a shutout on Dupree. Not just zero sacks, zero stats.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Anything else noteworthy from the radio show haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

Any questions about Wilson from fans?

I dont recall any questions about either Wilson or Adoree unfortunately. Nothing about Fulton. 

There was nothing noteworthy other than that Dave McGinnis was close friends with Zac Taylor’s dad and literally baby sat the Bengals Head Coach lol. 

Edited by tgo

On 10/25/2020 at 7:23 PM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The Steelers won the game, but it's not a sign of shit really.  They are not going to the SB just because they beat the Titans.  

IMO, that chart shows just about where Ben is effective now throwing the football.  

I don't think Vrabel will ever change it either 

He probably won’t. He said this week that the Titans are a run first team. It’s a stubborn philosophy. When you have such a great offense, you should adapt to expose the defenses weaknesses instead of playing into their strengths just because you want to be a “run first team” 

Just now, heyitsmeallen said:

He probably won’t. He said this week that the Titans are a run first team. It’s a stubborn philosophy. When you have such a great offense, you should adapt to expose the defenses weaknesses instead of playing into their strengths just because you want to be a “run first team” 

Yes, they have AJ Brown, Davis and Humphries with Jonnu. He's not maximizing them or Tannehill 

Especially considering the opponent 

59 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Yes, they have AJ Brown, Davis and Humphries with Jonnu. He's not maximizing them or Tannehill 

Especially considering the opponent 

The lack of targets to Jonnu was almost criminal with Bush and their NB out. They were so worried about the pass rush they left their second best target with one reception. They didn’t even use that play from last year where he stays into block then leaks over the middle. It was a terrible game plan on both sides and Tannehill willed the team back into the game. 

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Listened to Warren Sharp talk about this game and he discussed one of my complaints.....

The Titans ran the ball on 1st down in the first half the majority of the time. The Titans had 3 3 and outs and Tanneill overcome poor first down runs on the TD drive. 

This isn't difficult. The Steelers are an elite run defense on 1st down, the Titans are not a good running team on 1st down. 

1st down runs in the 1st half:

holding penalty now 1st and 15

-4 yard

6 yards

3 yards

2 yards

0 gain

-4 yards

6 runs for 3 yards. 

This is flat out stupid and a huge coaching error. You have one of the best QBs in the league. RT had a 117 passer rating on 1st down last year, best or close in the league. 

You are literally leaning on an offensive weakness against an elite defense vs your weakness while saddling your elite 1st down passer. 

I think if you go back and watch the first half you can see tannehill wasn't exactly getting it done on 1stvdown either...he had pressure on him quickly.

We were backed up near the 10 yytd line line on two of the drives.

2md play of game tannehill almost had the ball knocked out of his hands at the goal line and third play was a bad pass close to being picked.  

Henry had some nice runs on the td drive.

I think these #s on paper tell a false story

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The lack of targets to Jonnu was almost criminal with Bush and their NB out. They were so worried about the pass rush they left their second best target with one reception. They didn’t even use that play from last year where he stays into block then leaks over the middle. It was a terrible game plan on both sides and Tannehill willed the team back into the game. 

The lack of passes to Jonnu can't be criminal if you agree that the tackles needed help against some elite pass rushers.  They did what they had to do and sacrificed TE production because they had to.

6 minutes ago, japan said:

The lack of passes to Jonnu can't be criminal if you agree that the tackles needed help against some elite pass rushers.  They did what they had to do and sacrificed TE production because they had to.

Jonnu is the second best receiver on our team. You manufacture targets to him regardless of the situation. 

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Listened to Warren Sharp talk about this game and he discussed one of my complaints.....

The Titans ran the ball on 1st down in the first half the majority of the time. The Titans had 3 3 and outs and Tanneill overcome poor first down runs on the TD drive. 

This isn't difficult. The Steelers are an elite run defense on 1st down, the Titans are not a good running team on 1st down. 

1st down runs in the 1st half:

holding penalty now 1st and 15

-4 yard

6 yards

3 yards

2 yards

0 gain

-4 yards

6 runs for 3 yards. 

This is flat out stupid and a huge coaching error. You have one of the best QBs in the league. RT had a 117 passer rating on 1st down last year, best or close in the league. 

You are literally leaning on an offensive weakness against an elite defense vs your weakness while saddling your elite 1st down passer. 

I was really disheartened by the game plan and hope it was simply due to falling behind 14-0 in the 1st quarter. Otherwise the implications long term are not good. It was obvious the Steelers should have been attacked over the middle with Smith and Humphries. They also needed to screen the Steelers to slow down the pass rush. These are basic counters even the average fan can understand. Instead the Titans ran too much on 1st down and played right into the Steelers hand. Doing so allowed the Steelers to force the Titans to keep Smith in to help Kelly which lessened the ability to challenge the middle of the field. I had really hoped Vrabel saw the light and realized the importance of throwing more on 1st down after the Bills game but now I'm back to thinking he's just an offensive dinosaur and it's going to hurt the team at some point.

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

I was really disheartened by the game plan and hope it was simply due to falling behind 14-0 in the 1st quarter. Otherwise the implications long term are not good. It was obvious the Steelers should have been attacked over the middle with Smith and Humphries. They also needed to screen the Steelers to slow down the pass rush. These are basic counters even the average fan can understand. Instead the Titans ran too much on 1st down and played right into the Steelers hand. Doing so allowed the Steelers to force the Titans to keep Smith in to help Kelly which lessened the ability to challenge the middle of the field. I had really hoped Vrabel saw the light and realized the importance of throwing more on 1st down after the Bills game but now I'm back to thinking he's just an offensive dinosaur and it's going to hurt the team at some point.

Every screen that they ran was blown up for a loss.