Week 7: Steelers @ Titans Game Thread

Jonboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The kicker has to be cut. You can't be 5/11 on kicks under 50 yards. 

Probably the toughest match up the Titans will have in the regular season. It sucked early but they came so close it's hard to get too down.    They have to fix the CB situation, it's obviou

Sambrailo pitched a shutout on Dupree. Not just zero sacks, zero stats.

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Doogie said:

Yeah thats a sure fire way to land a solid kicker. Roberto Aguayo worked out great for Tampa a couple years back!

So because Tampa swung and missed on a much early round FG kicker no one should try and draft a FG kicker with a 7th round pick who is now a starting kicker within our division. Absolutely a waste of a response by yourself. 

21 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Well...you scout and take a chance. Surely you are not defending taking a shitty QB in the round. If you are taking a flyer, take one in a position of need. And Rodrigo would be a star in Nashville.

No I'm just fuckin with ya. Call me crazy but Jrob and Vrabel rolled the dice on Gostkowski returning to form which was a clutch kicker and playoff ace for years. Clearly its not working out. 

If we drafted a kicker there is just as good a chance he bombs out as Gostkowski.  

Kicker is a fuckin crazy position. Guys are so hot and cold. Succop was money for years and then an injury absolutely thrashed him. 

3 minutes ago, Dream34 said:

So because Tampa swung and missed on a much early round FG kicker no one should try and draft a FG kicker with a 7th round pick who is now a starting kicker within our division. Absolutely a waste of a response by yourself. 

Obviously sarcasm is something foreign to you. Consider looking it up. Its actually pretty fun. 

?

Still struggling to know what to feel about the game today, on one hand proud of the way the team didn't quit but on the other hand you shouldn't lose a game with a +3 turnover differential and you can't un-see that first half performance from the defense/special teams.

I'm absolutely torn about whether JRob should be aggressive at the trade deadline because i'm not sure with the current defensive coaching setup there is any player that is available that is going to make a significant difference if brought in now.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

18 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Instead of choking perhaps he just made a really dumb play instead.

Its rare a QB goes an entire game without making ANY dumb plays. The grounding was a quick play and its hard to judge without knowing the background.  If he thought someone was outbreaks its no grounding. 

This loss is in no way on Tannehill.  He was under heat all day and threw some dimes. 

4 minutes ago, Doogie said:

Its rare a QB goes an entire game without making ANY dumb plays. The grounding was a quick play and its hard to judge without knowing the background.  If he thought someone was outbreaks its no grounding. 

This loss is in no way on Tannehill.  He was under heat all day and threw some dimes. 

I don't blame him for the loss. Just think that's a play he'd like to have back

11 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

I don't blame him for the loss. Just think that's a play he'd like to have back

I just watched the presser. He said the play was to AJ but he was tied up and covered. Davis was cutting in and RT said he threw it over his head. Thought it was in his general direction. 

Split second play. I'm sure he would want it back. Tough loss. 

11 minutes ago, Dream34 said:

I understand sarcasm but your original post had none of it. Carry on. 

I'm pretty sure I meant the post to be sarcastic as I fucking wrote the post.

. But please continue to tell me what I'm thinking when I'm writing a post.

This board sometimes. Just wow. 

The 3rd down defense is tracking towards being historically awful.

Loser: Third Down Defense

Going back to the Titans win over the Bills, Tennessee’s defense has allowed their opponents to convert 33 of their 49 third downs (67.3%).

The highest season long third down conversion rate that a team has allowed since 1991 (the furthest Pro Football Reference’s database goes back on that stat) is 49.6% by the 1995 Cleveland Browns.

The Titans were giving up a league-high 57.8% conversion rate heading into this game and the Steelers 13-of-18 performance will continue to send that number in the wrong direction for Tennessee.

This is a problem that must get figured out in a hurry for the Titans defense.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic