Week 7: Steelers @ Titans Game Thread

Jonboy

2 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Had nothing to do with the fact that it's Henry. The Steelers were all over that screen and Nate Davis got beat at the point of attack. We put McNichols in and didn't throw to him once...

You can shift a pass catching RB out and treat them like another WR. For Henry, the way we use him is incredibly predictable and it doesn't work in these obvious passing down, late game situations. It's all much easier to sniff out. 

Edited by cenj

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The kicker has to be cut. You can't be 5/11 on kicks under 50 yards. 

Probably the toughest match up the Titans will have in the regular season. It sucked early but they came so close it's hard to get too down.    They have to fix the CB situation, it's obviou

Sambrailo pitched a shutout on Dupree. Not just zero sacks, zero stats.

Posted Images

Just now, Doogie said:

Dude don't even defend Gostkowski right now. Other than Minnesota he has been absolutely trash. Just cost us the game. I dont want to hear excuses about how long it was or a offsides. He failed at his job. 

He is not the reason they lost.  Come on.  It's a convenient excuse.

They lost because they couldn't stop the Steelers in the first half.  And couldn't do a thing offensively.  When you're down by 20 points you should never win a football game.  Stephen Gostkowski had nothing to do that.

Had they lost against Denver I absolutely would have seen blaming a kicker as legit.  Not today, though.

Just now, OILERMAN said:

Probably the toughest match up the Titans will have in the regular season. It sucked early but they came so close it's hard to get too down. 

They have to fix the CB situation, it's obvious they don't even know what to do

I'm thinking (and hoping) Adoree's return will help it quite a bit.  Obviously, it's not going to be the miracle cure, but it should help.

I don't trust ANY of our corners right now. 

The defense giving up 3 in the second half was really encouraging. Giving up 27 points against this offense isn’t that bad. We need to be able to hit 27-30 points at the minimum until Adoree comes back. 24 points just isn’t enough to win consistently in the NFL anymore. We can argue about the grounding (which I think Mahomes would’ve gotten away with) or Gostkowski but we got into a huge hole and tried to dig out of it. We can’t do that against top flight teams. 

Edited by Thrill

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

Probably the toughest match up the Titans will have in the regular season. It sucked early but they came so close it's hard to get too down. 

They have to fix the CB situation, it's obvious they don't even know what to do

They did in the second half. They dropped their balls, played man to man, and ran some zone blitzes to keep the QB guessing. Voila, 2 turnovers and 3 points. They figured it out.

You simply can’t run that vanilla bullshit scheme we’ve been running the first five and half games. We would have dominated them if we ran the second half defense the whole game. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic