2 hours ago, titanruss said:

Neill Blomkamp short?

District 9 is one of my favorites. Saw it in the theater. Nearly lost it, it was so intense. I was squirming around and actually truly upset. Sometimes a movie makes you different. And that’s good. 

This one. Sigourney Weaver. She’s like a perfectly aged wine. I just found this short today. I’m so excited!

1 minute ago, GoodToGo said:

District 9 is one of my favorites. Saw it in the theater. Nearly lost it, it was so intense. I was squirming around and actually truly upset. Sometimes a movie makes you different. And that’s good. 

This one. Sigourney Weaver. She’s like a perfectly aged wine. I just found this short today. I’m so excited!

I need to rewatch district 9. I liked it but I saw a reeeaaally shitty pirated handcam version. Didnt do it justice i'm sure.

Blomkamp fan. Elysium was good too. I even liked Chappy haha.

He does well in the genre but hasnt done a feature length in like 5 years. Whats up with that? Chappy get such a bad reception that he was blackballed?

3 minutes ago, titanruss said:

I need to rewatch district 9. I liked it but I saw a reeeaaally shitty pirated handcam version. Didnt do it justice i'm sure.

Blomkamp fan. Elysium was good too. I even liked Chappy haha.

He does well in the genre but hasnt done a feature length in like 5 years. Whats up with that? Chappy get such a bad reception that he was blackballed?

Dude. Purchase District 9 on your Apple TV. Or Blu-ray. Whatever! Just get the real deal. It’s amazing! Don’t you do anything until you’ve experienced it. I’m dead serious. Watch the real movie. I can’t emphasize this enough. Watch it. For the love of god, don’t screw this up. You need this. 

I haven’t seen Chappy, but I know what you mean. People shat all over it. I bet it’s good. I’m gonna give it a go. 

Watch District 9! Don’t fuck this up, man!

10 minutes ago, GoodToGo said:

Alright I'll watch it again.

Chappy was like a grungy funny weird short circuit.

Die Antwoord  musicians weren't really that bad of actors for what I expected at least.

15 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Alright I'll watch it again.

Chappy was like a grungy funny weird short circuit.

Die Antwoord  musicians weren't really that bad of actors for what I expected at least.

If you don’t watch the real District 9 in a proper setting, I’m coming for you, bro. These are my dying words to you. Please. You don’t have to wear a mask! Just keep proper distance!

Yeah, I’m totally gonna watch Chappy. Screw the naysayers. 

32 minutes ago, GoodToGo said:

If you don’t watch the real District 9 in a proper setting, I’m coming for you, bro. These are my dying words to you. Please. You don’t have to wear a mask! Just keep proper distance!

Yeah, I’m totally gonna watch Chappy. Screw the naysayers. 

Haha.. no worries. I've got a 65" 8k screen that I sit about 7 feet from (because my living room is tiny ) and Harmon Kardon surround sound.

I'm probably gonna DL it though because I don't know where you can stream that high res.

31 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Haha.. no worries. I've got a 65" 8k screen that I sit about 7 feet from (because my living room is tiny ) and Harmon Kardon surround sound.

I'm probably gonna DL it though because I don't know where you can stream that high res.

Sounds like a sweet setup. Enjoy, my man. 

Have you seen the District 9 short? Whenever I read the Wikipedia entry for a movie, it always blows my mind. Potentially... one novel. 10 screenplays. 15 rewrites. Five directors. Four leading actors dismissed. Apparently D9 was very budget-friendly. Which is strange to me because the special effects seem so amazing to me. 

Anyway, here’s the short...