Speculation surrounding more issues with Isaiah Wilson

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder if the lack of in-person visits hampered their ability to really get to know him? 

AtoZ and Reising are a bunch of amateurs masquerading as journalists. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, OilerTitanHybrid said:

Careful guys, Wilson's checking us out.  Smack dab in the middle!

2134581334_OperaSnapshot_2020-10-23_154502_www.titansreport_com.png.840190c55c01a1036ced8d6df511f8bd.png

If so GTFO out of here Wilson!  Come back when you retire but don't waste no time here!

55 minutes ago, tgo said:

I was really high on this player in the draft because I thought he was a high character guy and a hard worker based on the scouting reports and his interviews, etc. 

I was wrong - we shouldn’t have drafted this player. The Southeast area scout should be fired for this. 

What's even more troubling is that this CANT be new behavior. Guys who are head cases like this don't just flip out one day. It's part of their character and usually due to mental illness or addiction or some combo of that. 

Starting to look like Titans/JRob has completely botched the psychological assessment/testing of a second high pick (the other one being Dodd)

This is from Albert Breer earlier this week in his MAQB column suggesting Wilson's immaturity issues were well known at Georgia.

• The Titans losing left tackle Taylor Lewan is no small thing—but GM Jon Robinson at the very least has given his coaches some depth. Both Dennis Kelly and Ty Sambrailo have extensive starting experience, and have played both sides of the line. Sambrailo was actually Denver’s starting left tackle for the first three games of their Super Bowl season five years ago, but got hurt then and has been nicked up since. Kelly, meanwhile, is a pro’s pro. That the two have 49 career starts between them at least gives the Titans some viability at the position (remember they also lost right tackle Jack Conklin in the offseason). The real question now is how quick first-round pick Isaiah Wilson, who’s lived down to the reputation he had for immaturity coming out of Georgia thus far, can contribute. He came off the COVID-19 list recently, following a summer during which he was busted at a college party and cited for DUI.

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Isaiah Wilson, who’s lived down to the reputation he had for immaturity coming out of Georgia thus far,

I think I actually remember Wilson referencing the immaturity reputation on his BWTB interview. I was surprised when he said it because before that I hadn't heard that was his reputation.

4 minutes ago, titaninpgh said:

I think I actually remember Wilson referencing the immaturity reputation on his BWTB interview. I was surprised when he said it because before that I hadn't heard that was his reputation.

Me either. I read nothing about it in the scouting reports, etc. that I read through. 

Maybe the Titans just knew this and are hoping he grows up as he gets older, banking on his potential. 

But frankly, by the time the dummy gets it together, Henry's prime will be gone - and the reason he is here is to be a run blocker for Henry. 

Edited by tgo

Maybe it's been mentioned, but clearly Vrabel told Wilson on Wednesday after he came in late with a "headache" to leave and don't bother showing up the next day either (he was home two days in a row with the "illness"), and to come back from Friday ready to help the team.