OILERMAN

Don’t Tell Derrick Henry That Running Backs Don’t Matter(538)

He's not quite on pace for 2000, but he definitely could have the 22nd 1800-yard rushing season in NFL history.

Which would also be the 3rd in team history after Campbell's 1934 yards and Johnson's 2006 yards. Interesting fact: Earl Campbell is the only RB to ever rush for 1900 yards without eclipsing the 2000-yard mark. Back in 1980 his 1934 yards rushing was the 2nd highest total ever after OJ's 2003 yards seven years earlier.

14 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

As it gets colder he will be able to accumulate yards at a higher rate. The fact he’s on pace for 1800 now means he can hit 2000+

If his prior season rushing splits are a guide, then he is challenging Dickerson this year.

Yeah, a 100 things can happen; but DHember is pretty much a thing.

Edited by ChemEngr79

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

I posted in another thread, I think there is a realistic chance Henry gets 2000 yards

I saw a stat where he has like 100 more yards than CJ and AP had after the same amount of games

Derrick Henry is a beast of a man.  The question will be, as the season progresses and he gets this much use, does he wear out before the playoffs.

I have no doubt that the Chiefs holding him to less than 100 yards was partly because the Chiefs knew that stopping Henry was more important than stopping Tannehill and partly because Henry had been used a lot last year.

Henry is still only human.  

7 minutes ago, dcblanton said:

Derrick Henry is a beast of a man.  The question will be, as the season progresses and he gets this much use, does he wear out before the playoffs.

I have no doubt that the Chiefs holding him to less than 100 yards was partly because the Chiefs knew that stopping Henry was more important than stopping Tannehill and partly because Henry had been used a lot last year.

Plus he was kinda injured I thought

2 hours ago, Jonboy said:

You mean to tell me the Titans currently have a dominant QB and a dominant RB? Not to mention a dominant WR and dominant TE when healthy?

What a time to be alive.

Then add Davis, Humphries and the rest of the TE's.  Oh yeah, forgot about Raymond and a host of others who come in to catch them a ball.

Tannehill actually throws a very catchable ball that's well inside the catch radius.  

2 hours ago, dcblanton said:

Was also our 4th straight road game with must win implications dating back to the Houston game. The guys were all tired and you could tell. It would have been an incredible giant slaying run to the SB had we pulled it off.