Sambrailo's play during the Texans game

oldschool

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NFLN aired the game yesterday and I decided to sit down and focus on Sambrailo after Lewan went out. Sambrailo was nothing short of fantastic outside of the 3rd and long sack/fumble he gave up to Watt

As long as he learns to not try and run with a fumble...SMH.   That play made me so mad.

I just went back and watched all of his snaps. A few thoughts:   Of course the sack fumble was a disaster, but that's a really tough position to be in for a guy coming in cold.   

9 hours ago, oldschool said:

NFLN aired the game yesterday and I decided to sit down and focus on Sambrailo after Lewan went out. Sambrailo was nothing short of fantastic outside of the 3rd and long sack/fumble he gave up to Watt on his 2nd play in the game. He mauled defenders in the run game and opened massive holes for Henry and McNichols. What was even more impressive is how he settled into pass protection. The Titans did not give him a lot of help and he delivered over and over. On the game tying drive he stonewalled Watt numerous times one on one. It will be interesting to see how he holds up against Dupree this week. Either way I think Sambrailo has shown he can be effective filling in for Lewan based on his snap count through 5 weeks. 

Would of been better if you took pictures some of the plays you are describing.

9 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Nice. I think he handles Dupree. Dupree is overrated as hell and didn't really start to do shit until TJ Watt was drafted. He's an athletic freak that might sneak a nice speed rush by Ty but that's about it. 

Dupree is having a career year. He is def going to cause issues.

What’s crazy about sambrilio is that he’s a force in the running game. He is a former 2nd round pick, and the light seems to have come on, if this guy turns out to be a stud this season he will for sure earn a big contract. Good OL are hard to find. I think we luck out if he does do well this season. Pittsburgh will be the biggest test for him. He was mowing people over in the Texans game.

Edited by Divine

49 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Dude... I challenged you a few years ago on OT play and you proceeded to hand me my ass. I was genuinely asking for your input to see if it matched what I observed. like it or not you are the resident OL expert. time to up your game!

If someone wants to send me a cut up of the game on Sunday or something, I’ll gladly make a thread on it with gifs and all the jazz. Probably more useful when he has a week of prep as the starter anyway.

14 hours ago, kyle021 said:

If he keeps this level of play up as a starter for the entire year he will get a massive deal in FA and we will get a camp pick in either round 3 or 4

Did I miss a trade to SF?

Edited by FRT

13 hours ago, oldschool said:

Dude... I challenged you a few years ago on OT play and you proceeded to hand me my ass. I was genuinely asking for your input to see if it matched what I observed. like it or not you are the resident OL expert. time to up your game!

Yep, just for the record, I was genuine too. Anytime there’s an OL question or people want to draft olineman coming out, I always look for @TeamRamrod’s opinion.  

I can see how the ! at the end of my original statement may have made it look like I was being sarcastic. That was more intended as a playful jab at @oldschool after he took the time to watch and create the thread.