Tannehill and Henry historic 16 game stretch

AussieTitanFan08

7 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Absolutely.  It's not just here, it's nationally.

CBS moved him up to 11th in their QB rankings.  Which is still way too low but their comments were basically saying that Tannehill is not an elite athlete.  WTF??  The guy played WR in college and has shown he's more than mobile enough to escape and pick up yardage with his legs.

People see a tall QB and assume he's Drew Bledsoe, Kerry Collins or Vinny Testaverde.  Watch the guy play.  For once.

I don't put any stock in QB rankings on NFL.com, cbssports.com, etc.... The real numbers based on passer rating and analytics show the true story and you are starting to see Tannehill get some love as a result. If he plays well against the Steelers this weekend, it will ramp up even more.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On Get Up just now they just mentioned that Tannehill and Henry are the only QB/RB duo in NFL history to have greater than 30 passing TD and greater than 2000yds rushing in any 16 game stretch togethe

100%. Tannehill is still fighting the stigma associated with his time in Miami. Throw in the absurd takes of @big2033 that Tannehill needs a one read, run first offense to be successful because and I

So boys, we're really gonna fight in every thread? This thread is a cuase for celebration.    

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

What is obvious is you are stuck in your ways of overvaluing the RB position and not giving enough credit to how Tannehill is playing.  The way you think Tannehill is playing is different from how he actually is playing.  

Last year, I thought Tannehill was a better Jared Goff (his best year) or similar.

This year it's obvious he's well ahead of Goff as he is MUCH better outside of the constructs of our RUN FIRST offense (LOL).

Tannehill is proving that he can do it all regardless of our philosophy.

Both guys have been consistently productive and have performed at an absolutely elite level over the past 16+ games.  

The team’s W/L record during this period ranks among the best in the league, and they have a winning record against  opponents that are universally recognized as elite teams.  

This year’s team is one of the strongest,  most talented, and best-coached units in franchise history.    Period.

The only question is whether they can maintain such high-level performance for an extended period of time....and we’ve seen no reason to believe they can’t.

13 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I don't put any stock in QB rankings on NFL.com, cbssports.com, etc.... The real numbers based on passer rating and analytics show the true story and you are starting to see Tannehill get some love as a result. If he plays well against the Steelers this weekend, it will ramp up even more.

Yeah I hear you, it's just frustrating that these ratings are read by thousands of people, some of which generate their opinions solely from them.  And it's why people say things like "Carson Wentz is a top QB" or "Ryan Tannehill is a system QB who needs a great running game to function."

12 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

I don't know, I think Tannehill gets his props here. I was a Mariota guy and he won me over last year. It's the national media that doesn't give him respect. After the game and on Monday every headline I seen said "Derrick Henry carries Titans to victory, totally ignoring the fact that Tannehill put up 30-41 passing 364 yards and 4 Touchdowns. Every other QB who has been putting up those numbers gets acknowledged, even ones who lose (Dak Prescott & Josh Allen). That's cool though, keep focusing on Henry. 

Do you remember what the board was like in 2016 and after Mariota's good games (I'm thinking specifically the Eagles/Cowboys/Patriots games in 2018)?  Or that brief stretch that Locker had in 2013?  Or how it was during Young's 2006 run and then in 2009 when he seemed to have turned it around?  It felt like there was a lot more excitement than what we're seeing now with Tannehill.

Like I said, maybe it's just me.  But I think @big2033said it last year that he wanted the next QB to be a draftee and not someone else's drafted player.  I think fans in general just enjoy it more when the guy succeeding was picked by their team and not someone else's leftovers.

Edited by scine09

7 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

That's one thing I don't understand about this board lol. Fans attack fans even at 5-0 lol. 

We literally do it to pass the time at this point. Come Sunday we're all unified under the Titans banner. Well except for the little bitches that cry in the chat all game. 

41 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Honestly if you wiped clean everyones memory of 2012-2018, just watched the last 2 years of football and argued who the best QB in football was, Tannehill would be 1 or 2 in every ones minds

15 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Do you remember what the board was like in 2016 and after Mariota's good games (I'm thinking specifically the Eagles/Cowboys/Patriots games in 2018)?  Or that brief stretch that Locker had in 2013?  Or how it was during Young's 2006 run and then in 2009 when he seemed to have turned it around?  It felt like there was a lot more excitement than what we're seeing now with Tannehill.

Like I said, maybe it's just me.  But I think @big2033said it last year that he wanted the next QB to be a draftee and not someone else's drafted player.  I think fans in general just enjoy it more when the guy succeeding was picked by their team and not someone else's leftovers.

Did I say that specifically? I do remember saying it tends to work when you draft your own and not take someone else's sloppy seconds.

But that theory is being proven wrong right now.

To me it's the chicken or the egg argument. My belief is, that Tannehill and Henry compliment each other so well and that's what makes the offense go. Is it a run first offense? Probably so but that doesn't mean we aren't passing on the very next play. Plus playing with a lead, as we have been most games, you run the ball to run the clock and maintain possession and you pass to move the chains. Tannehill is a top 5 QB, hands down, and he's done it with consistency and has the stats to prove it. To have BOTH players on this team at the same time, in the prime of their careers, is an incredible thing of beauty for Titans fans and we should be enjoying the ride, because these types of season don't come around every day. Long live Jon Robinson!

Edited by freakingeek

2 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Did I say that specifically? I do remember saying it tends to work when you draft your own and not take someone else's sloppy seconds.

I'm pretty sure you said you wanted them to draft someone and not have someone else's sloppy seconds.  You may have gone under the impression that Tannehill was a stop gap and you wanted a higher ceiling'd QB.  But I don't think short of a Super Bowl victory he'll ever reach McNair's popularity even if he continues at this pace and the production is better.  Reason being McNair was a Titan (or Oiler) to begin with and Tannehill spent 7 years with the Dolphins.

The next time there's a sellout I bet you see more McNair/Mariota and even Young jerseys than you do Tannehill.

1 minute ago, big2033 said:

In fairness to you, Tannehill is a complete anomaly that no one saw coming. Sure, some re-treads have found a modicum of success in their second chance and some have even won it all (Foles) but what Tanehill is doing is ridiculous. Kurt Warner and Carson Palmer in AZ were the best reclamation projects I remember and Tannehill is  blowing them away. I guess Brees might be one I'm overlooking but he's been a Saint so long I'm not even sure it counts. 

6 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

To me it's the chicken or the egg argument. My belief is, that Tannehill and Henry compliment each other so well and that's what makes the offense go. Is it a run first offense? Probably so but that doesn't mean we aren't passing on the very next play. Plus playing with a lead, as we have been most games, you run the ball to run the clock and maintain possession and you pass to move the chains. Tannehill is a top 5 QB, hands down, and he's done it with consistency and has the stats to prove it. To have BOTH players on this team at the same time, in the prime of their careers, is an incredible thing of beauty for Titans fans and we should be enjoying the ride, because these types of season don't come around every day. Long live Jon Robinson!

I  really don't care who's more important or what not. Just enjoy the ride. We haven't been this good in a long time. JR, Vrabel, and AAS have turned this franchise around from laughing stock to a franchise that is now a contender and relevant.

Edited by socaltitan