Arthur Smith is Titan's MVP

No1TitansFan

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Attention Titans fans, this is what an offense with an elite qb running it looks like.  Tannehill's play is making everyone look great.  Smith is good at play design but someone still has to execute t

I think it’s pretty friggin’ great that we’re debating who has had the biggest role in making the Titans one of the NFL’s most dominant and prolific scoring offenses.

Did you not see RT's stats without playaction? He was great last season without playaction   The one game RT played last year without Henry he had a 133 passer rating and threw 3 TDs and 0 I

1 hour ago, titanruss said:

I define top 5 differently. I define that as being successful in any offense and I dont think RT is that guy .. yet. 

So what could he do? Create on his own more for one. Better pocket awareness (though that does look better this season)

I'd like to see his ratings after his 1st read be above 30th in the league.  That last one may be fixed already but last year it was RT hitting the first read in Arthur Smith playcalls and after that PFF had him like 32nd/33rd

Don't get me wrong. I think hes been great and is a perfect fit for this offense and his numbers are pretty damn close to top 5.

LoL.

You're opinion and your opinion only.

Just last year people were calling Brady a system QB.

This is just a lame excuse trying to dimish someones play.

Man, some people have some short-term memories. When Mariota was the QB, we heavily invested in the OL, yet MM defenders constantly pointed to terrible blocking as the reason MM struggled.

"He has no time! No QB could do well with this terrible blocking!"

Insert Tannehill, and somehow we now have top notch protection, even when we're starting a guy at LT that 90% fans have never heard of.

So weird...I wonder why that happened.?

4 hours ago, oldschool said:

Anyone who knows football knows there was absolutely nothing wrong with Wilson throwing the ball there. Butler made an insane play.

Mmm hmm...nothing wrong except losing the Super Bowl.

It was 2nd and 1. There was no reason to pass here when Lynch just got 4 yards from the 5 yard line with over a minute to go. 

Lol, “Anyone who knows football...” and watched Lynch play that year would know 2 downs to try to punch it in from the one was the smart play. They had at least one down to run it before doing what you’re defending. 

11 minutes ago, GLinks said:

It was 2nd and 1. There was no reason to pass here when Lynch just got 4 yards from the 5 yard line with over a minute to go. 

Lol, “Anyone who knows football...” and watched Lynch play that year would know 2 downs to try to punch it in from the one was the smart play. They had at least one down to run it before doing what you’re defending. 

I cant believe there's people out there thats actually defending that play calling. Lol

I think he's finally making the right play calls at the right time and not being conservative as often.. Finally our play book is open and now defense's Don't now what to expect with Tanny doing his thing now. I like it!!!

4 minutes ago, smokeater said:

I love these arguments about who's the biggest stud on our undefeated team.  It's fairly simple.  Smith, Henry, and Tanne were on the team when we were losing, but only one of them wasn't playing/coaching.  Insert that one into the lineup and everything suddenly started coming up roses.  Henry already does, and Smith soon will owe Tanne a portion of their signing bonuses.  

In sort of a bizarro world, because Henry is so dam good when he gets to the second level, he makes the running game where we take our shots at the endzone.  You almost have to give him a chance when the team is backed up inside the 10.  Having said that, it's Tanne that puts Henry in the secondary with the ball more often by not allowing the defense to put 8 or 9 in the box as often as they were with the previous qb.  Don't get me wrong, Henry is a freaking monster, but he didn't turn into a demigod until Tanne started scaring away the safeties and Lb's from the los.  

And then all of it makes Smith look like a genius.  He is doing a great job of letting both of them eat.

This is what it looks like when everybody plays their part to perfection. It's a beautiful thing. Figuring out who to blow first is for the birds. 

1 hour ago, GLinks said:

Asking Wilson to throw or getting him on the edge where he can run is never a bad thing. The only reason you and others think it was a bad call was because of the great defensive play the Pats made to force the Int. If Wilson throws a TD, no one bitches about the call.

6 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Did you not see RT's stats without playaction? He was great last season without playaction

The one game RT played last year without Henry he had a 133 passer rating and threw 3 TDs and 0 INTs. Was the defense going all out to stop Dion Lewis? 

Every QB can have success in this offense? That's just flat out stupid. 

Tannehill is great because he processes info quickly, makes right reads and delivers super accurate passes. Very few QBs can do this. It's got nothing to do with playaction or defenses trying to stop the run game 

He’s become surgical with his pre-snap reads. He is finding the open guy down the field at an amazing clip.

Besides that, his accuracy has been absolutely pinpoint. That pass to Firsker over the nickel and safety was an absolute thing of beauty. It went over the corner’s hands by an inch or two. The third and 17 to Raymond was  just filthy. If he puts that anywhere else where Raymond cannot keep full stride no way does he pick up that first. Yes it was a simple throw, but the precision was off the charts. He’s been doing it basically week in and week out. His ability to keep receivers in stride has to be his best feature, with quick processing a close second. 

I said in a couple threads now, if he develops outside the pocket we are going to be unstoppable. He shown improvement the last two games. If he can just become above average in that facet he’s easily top 3.